ADVERTISEMENT

Vitale tweets bad news coming in FBI trial testimony

Nice write up, but a pretty long-winded way of saying "the NCAA couldn't find anything that they could say UNC violated".

As I already explained your initial claim that UNC committed no violations of by-laws is clearly incorrect.

Your further statements that the “NCAA couldn’t find anything” is also likely wrong. If they did it wasn’t because they failed to find anything, more likely they didn’t care to look.

In other words just because you didn’t receive a speeding ticket doesn’t mean A.) that you weren’t speeding or B.) that the cop didn’t notice.

IMO UNC fans should feel a sense of relief (and yes embarrassment) that they got away with their systematic cheating without any sanctions. But the fact that you & some other UNC fans continue to want to act like UNC did no wrong is frankly bizarre.

It's not like they didn't try to hammer them either.

Not sure why you say that. The NCAA basically was a co-conspirator as far as I’m concerned.

They initially tried to give UNC a heads-up (Marcus Wilson) and then allowed UNC to basically self-investigate. Not once, not twice, but numerous times, despite the fact that every single one was severely lacking.

Despite that, there were numerous issues which were potential violations which were never seriously investigated & ended up being swept under the rug.

Last edited:
As I already explained your initial claim that UNC committed no violations of by-laws is clearly incorrect.

Your further statements that the “NCAA couldn’t find anything” is also likely wrong. If they did it wasn’t because they failed to find anything, more likely they didn’t care to look.

In other words just because you didn’t receive a speeding ticket doesn’t mean A.) that you weren’t speeding or B.) that the cop didn’t notice.

IMO UNC fans should feel a sense of relief (and yes embarrassment) that they got away with their systematic cheating without any sanctions. But the fact that you & some other UNC fans continue to want to act like UNC did no wrong is frankly bizarre.

Not sure why you say that. The NCAA basically was a co-conspirator as far as I’m concerned.

They initially tried to give UNC a heads-up (Marcus Wilson) and then allowed UNC to basically self-investigate. Not once, not twice, but numerous times, despite the fact that every single one was severely lacking.

Despite that, there were numerous issues which were potential violations which were never seriously investigated & ended up being swept under the rug.

big_nosed_cheater.jpg

If there was some conspiracy to let the go, then you must add in Sankey, the SEC, and all other conferences (as they're represented in the NCAA). I find it hard to believe that that many people are in on the conspiracy. Also, how does your theory explain them coming back with the third notice?

Nope, the answer and the facts show that UNC did not break any of the by-laws. Hate on them as much as you want, but it doesn't change the facts.

If there was some conspiracy to let the go, then you must add in Sankey, the SEC, and all other conferences (as they're represented in the NCAA). I find it hard to believe that that many people are in on the conspiracy. Also, how does your theory explain them coming back with the third notice?

Nope, the answer and the facts show that UNC did not break any of the by-laws. Hate on them as much as you want, but it doesn't change the facts.

The fact is that UNC broke the rules (and more importantly intentionally flaunted the core principles of collegiate athletics) and the NCAA failed to punish them. Exactly why I don’t know, although I can’t say I’m surprised.

But the result is that the NCAA confirmed once and for all that they are not an organization with any integrity left (just like UNC).

Last edited:
The fact is that UNC broke the rules (and more importantly intentionally flaunted the core principles of collegiate athletics) and the NCAA failed to punish them. Exactly why I don’t know, although I can’t say I’m surprised.

But the result is that the NCAA confirmed once and for all that they are not an organization with any integrity left (just like UNC).

Not just the NCAA, Sankey, the SEC, and all the other conferences let them skate. Man, it really sounds like UNC is the king of college basketball. What else could explain why everyone is afraid of them?

Not just the NCAA, Sankey, the SEC, and all the other conferences let them skate. Man, it really sounds like UNC is the king of college basketball. What else could explain why everyone is afraid of them?

Unc is powerful because they basically own the media. Unc grads ignored scandal after scandal and tried their best to hide the biggest scandal in NCAA histroy, UNC’s fake education using African American history as cover.

You’re lucky that no one from the “media” wanted to make a sht storm over your white led administration using black history as cover and duping many black athletes out of their diplomas so unc could compete and practice and cheat however they wanted.

You are a scumbag of epic proportions. And it doesn’t matter what happened in the end. Real college basketball fans do not take you or your program seriously. You are a GD joke.

You're really reaching now. First of all this has nothing to do with the SEC or other conferences. While in theory they are represented by the NCAA, in reality they have no say in the matter. Sankey was the chairman of the COI and he indeed seemed to think UNC had committed infractions (unlike what you originally claim BTW).

But Greg Sankey isn't the end-all-and-be-all. As I said, the NCAA ended up not acting on punshing UNC. Why? I don't know but unlike what you assume, it doesn't require a grand conspiracy. In this case, it likely came down to a decision by someone (or a small group of people) that it wasn't worth the trouble, especially since it appears that UNC was threatening to go scortched-earth and was willing to spend literally tens of millions of dollars fighting it (which they already had) in the courts.

You act like the NCAA is some monolithic entity that does everything in lockstep and by the book, but that's far from the truth. Remember NCAA President Mark Emmert pretty much single-handedly by-passed the entire infractions process when he decided to punish Penn State over the Jerry Sandusky scandal. On the other hand you have examples like Corey Maggette where the NCAA is handed sworn evidence in federal court of NCAA violations and they inexplicably end up choosing to ignore it.

So please stop with your idiotic 'facts' and theories. I'm sure there's other fan bases who aren't familiar enough with UNC's wrongdoing who might actually buy your claims of UNC's innocence, but that's not going to work here. We already know too much.

You're really reaching now. First of all this has nothing to do with the SEC or other conferences. While in theory they are represented by the NCAA, in reality they have no say in the matter. Sankey was the chairman of the COI and he indeed seemed to think UNC had committed infractions (unlike what you originally claim BTW).

But Greg Sankey isn't the end-all-and-be-all. As I said, the NCAA ended up not acting on punshing UNC. Why? I don't know but unlike what you assume, it doesn't require a grand conspiracy. In this case, it likely came down to a decision by someone (or a small group of people) that it wasn't worth the trouble, especially since it appears that UNC was threatening to go scortched-earth and was willing to spend literally tens of millions of dollars fighting it (which they already had) in the courts.

You act like the NCAA is some monolithic entity that does everything in lockstep and by the book, but that's far from the truth. Remember NCAA President Mark Emmert pretty much single-handedly by-passed the entire infractions process when he decided to punish Penn State over the Jerry Sandusky scandal. On the other hand you have examples like Corey Maggette where the NCAA is handed sworn evidence in federal court of NCAA violations and they inexplicably end up choosing to ignore it.

So please stop with your idiotic 'facts' and theories. I'm sure there's other fan bases who aren't familiar enough with UNC's wrongdoing who might actually buy your claims of UNC's innocence, but that's not going to work here. We already know too much.
Damn. I didn't realize they were given sworn evidence in federal court in regards to Maggette. Interesting.

Well, I think this also confirms that jiggletooth / bobbygtickleswerv is still hanging around.

ADVERTISEMENT