ADVERTISEMENT

video uk vs miami look at numbers

Nigel Pack drained seven 3's in their last game vs KState and had 28(20 at half!) He's going to be a really tough matchup.

87iuq2.jpg

Idk anything about them, what position does he play?

Pack and Joseph are their two primary guards. Poplar is a wing and a returning starter. Omier is a big body guy like Reid Travis. Cleveland is a 6'7 athletic wing playing the 4 for them. I don't know much about him as he transferred from Florida St. He was the best player on FSUs team last year also, but they were terrible. These 5 guys all play about 30 minutes a game.

Either way, after what we've seen for the most part, I feel pretty good that we will have a good game plan at the least. This game is going to come down to who hits shots. Hopefully we continue our hot shooting.
these guys are built for games like these. Big question is my mind if it comes down to last second shot does cal timeout and draw something up. If so I hope Reed takes the ball out If no timeout does DJ give it up.

When I see a college player go off like that one game, Rarely do they duplicate it in the next. Normally they come crashing back down. We will see!
Usually those type games are reserved for us, let's hope that's a good sign he got it out of his system.

Pack and Joseph are their two primary guards. Poplar is a wing and a returning starter. Omier is a big body guy like Reid Travis. Cleveland is a 6'7 athletic wing playing the 4 for them. I don't know much about him as he transferred from Florida St. He was the best player on FSUs team last year also, but they were terrible. These 5 guys all play about 30 minutes a game.

Sounds like we matchup with them well for the most part. Excited for 7:30!!

Reactions: Ukgold
Who do you think we have guard him? Wagner? Sounds too quick for Edwards and Reeves likely isn’t the guy you want guarding him either.

I'd put Edwards on Cleveland, Thiero on Poplar, Wagner on Joseph, and Reeves on Pack. When Dillingham and Sheppard come in, I'd go with Dillingham on Joseph and Sheppard on Pack. Wagner and Dillingham are great on-ball defenders (so far) on the guy running point, so use that to our advantage. Reeves might be okay since he'd have the height advantage. I dunno though, I guess that's why Calipari makes the big bucks.

Reactions: GoCats-GoHerd88
Nigel Pack drained seven 3's in their last game vs KState and had 28(20 at half!) He's going to be a really tough matchup.

This is very true, BUT, outside of that 1 game (against his former team), he is only 4/16 from 3FG (25%).

He's definitely a good shooter, but 4 of his 5 games this year have been a disappointment from 3FG for him.

I'd put Edwards on Cleveland, Thiero on Poplar, Wagner on Joseph, and Reeves on Pack. When Dillingham and Sheppard come in, I'd go with Dillingham on Joseph and Sheppard on Pack. Wagner and Dillingham are great on-ball defenders (so far) on the guy running point, so use that to our advantage. Reeves might be okay since he'd have the height advantage. I dunno though, I guess that's why Calipari makes the big bucks.

Honestly, being a coach myself and knowing how Cal is, I’d say they won’t be many methodical defensive changes. A lot of times, coaches don’t like to change up what they do or change what their identity is. Cal is especially bad for not even watching tape on the other team.

Thanks for the reply, I coach HS basketball and I like to pick other peoples brains. I feel like you might have some coaching in your background???

Don't know about Reeves, he has a hard time staying in front of his man. Makes we worry about foul trouble with others picking up his man. We're just not that deep yet, need the big to play. If Mitchell get in foul trouble we'd probably have to go to 4 guard line up, that might be all bad though.

I expect us to come out slow as always.. Down 3 - 11 in the first 4 min. Then things start to settle down and settle in. If the guys can move the ball and play tough D I see UK by 7pts... Lets GO!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT