ADVERTISEMENT

Viable Assistant Coach Replacements?

I have no clue if Kenny Payne will come back, but I would think he might be an option. Both Welch and Martin seemed like good additions last year, so hopefully he replaces Chin with another good hire. I'd love to see Bruiser replaced with someone that could play a similar role that Robic played as it's a "non-coaching" position. I could see him go after Derek Kellogg, who has been a pretty good assistant at Creighton...I'm wondering if he could play the role of Robic in terms of telling him things he doesn't want t hear.

Reactions: Rockfly78
The only assistant that seems to have made any visible difference in our on court play is Welch. The offense this year was completely different than past years. Of course I have never watched a practice so it is just a guessing game on which assistants add value. I do think that Bruiser has achieved an award that has not been mentioned. He has been elected to the Double Bubblegum Hall of Fame! Heard he was not available for comment as he was chewing gum.

My issue with the assistant debacle.. is a lot of current players on the team have an assistant they worked with. Removing the assistant might remove the player.

And we know Cal doesn't listen to them much anyways. So, honestly, unless it's some big name hire.. just leave it. Maybe get rid of the malcontent..

Calipari is just riding time until his former wave of accomplishments cannot be surfed anymore. And that wave is dwindling down quickly.

He’ll probably just throw in someone that he thinks will quiet some fan discontent, maybe a former Kentucky guy. Just like recruiting guys like Perry are to keep people content as much as possible.

Calipari retired years ago. This is about making everyone and himself money on the way out. He’s not going to pick assistants to “turn it around” that’s not what he wants.

As much as it sucks it’s not really worth talking about (if a change is made at all), but I get it.

No one has any idea what any of these assistants do unless they’re recruiters. They use their biases to determine who is a good assistant and who isn’t. Ask any of them who out good assistants and who our bad assistants are and why they feel this way. There’s no chance they answer outside of saying someone is a good recruiter.

Cow doesn’t let the assistants have any input, he thinks they are there to hold his sack while he yells gooooooo!!!!!! Runnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!

Reactions: KFuqua
My issue with the assistant debacle.. is a lot of current players on the team have an assistant they worked with. Removing the assistant might remove the player.

And we know Cal doesn't listen to them much anyways. So, honestly, unless it's some big name hire.. just leave it. Maybe get rid of the malcontent..
Chin has got to go. Got to.

Reactions: Jakerz
Ksr acted like Ken Coleman was horrible behind the scenes and I haven't heard anything what are some of the things he's done

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT