ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan isn't the only school

Jul 21, 2015
needing a coach this off-season. Any other viable options out there that might be gullible enough to hire Cal?

I was just going to say this. How does Louisville feel about Cal and how does Cal feel about Adidas. I could see him going there and wanting to stick it to UK if he's asked to leave. I just don't see Cal as a Michigan guy. Football vastly overshadows basketball there.
I would think louiville's been burned enough by the "Kentucky connection" to know better

I would think louiville's been burned enough by the "Kentucky connection" to know better

Perhaps.

Cal isn't afraid of the transfer portal and he'd be bringing with him enough freshmen to field a team capable of making the tourney with them. Depending on who UK gets and what kind of team we put together they could also be on the winning side of the UK v UL ledger next season. So, if Cal is as petty as some say he is, then going to UL would make sense for both sides except maybe from a longevity standpoint.

Apparently Goodman suggested SMU. They just canned their coach after losing in the NIT, they have money and Larry Brown could probably get him in there fast if they worked out a deal. I’m all in for that or ANY other school taking him though. LOL

What's their nepotism rule? I only see him going somewhere that he can hire Brad, like Tubby did when he went to Minnesota.

Reactions: bIhawk
I think SMU is a real possibility, they can afford Cal and his buyout. Definitely something to keep an eye on.
I don’t think UK gets anything if Cal leaves for another job—I won’t swear by my position and too lazy today to verify. I think the contract is very one sided.

Reactions: FitchandMurray29
He's not going to Dallas.
SMU is an afterthought there.

He'll go where there is a potential fan base and exposure.
If Louisville hired Cronin, he could go to UCLA.

Maybe one of the Philly schools pushes a coach out to bring him in. Villanova or Temple.

Maybe Shaka moves on to Michigan

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT