ADVERTISEMENT

Verdict is in (From ‘21)

Doesn’t change my opinion that I had 3 months ago. He gets a chance to fix it next season. There’s no one worth replacing him at the moment. It’s not going to happen anyway. Truth is, he would have to have another season like this one next season for anyone in the position to push him out to even get serious about it.
Just curious. What you consider fixing it next season? What would that look like?

Reactions: Mr.Morris
Cal can’t coach. Has never been able to coach. There are tons of guys who would kill for this roster. Cal is a great recruiter and promoter. But he has zero clue how to use the talent he acquires. That will always be the case.
Yep. I am curious what the posters on here see from Cal, that he is going to change a damn thing?

Bro, Keion said “this team had something missing during the first 3 game streak this time it’s different there’s a sense of unity”

nobody passes to allen when he’s open

UNITY

Reactions: Mr.Morris
What do I even say? you just admitted you’re not a kentucky fan.
What? Of course I'm agrivated we are bad.
2 missed tournaments in 11 seasons
Thank God he's been to the elite 8 or better more than anyone those other 9 trys
[/QUOTE]
Dude, missing 2 tourneys in under 10 years isn’t acceptable at UK.

Mc-cal.jpg
Dang minimum wage went way up.

Well, if UK loses half of their team or more this offseason, it means Cal either hasn’t heard the fan base or doesn’t care what they think. If that ends up being the case, I’m done with him as UKs coach. There are guys that could be good college players if they stay more than a year already on this team. The OAD has to go. Tired of it!
To be honest, I wouldn't mind if some of these players did leave, like Boston, etc. As a group, these are some of the most selfish, me, me, me players that UK has ever had. And I don't think they will change that attitude, so I'm okay if they go. Besides, they are the same ones who were overrated coming into the season and they just aren't that good. Maybe some of the new recruits might be better. They sure couldn't be much worse. So based in what we have seen this season, I'm ok with the grab bag coming in.

Reactions: westerncat
Cal did everything he could today, everything, he can't make the shots, he was a maestro, he subbed effectively, he called a lot of good plays, used his TOs effectively, he can't win the game for them. They're at fault, not Cal.
Did he really? Mintz on postgame show said UF changing defenses from Man to Zone through them off some.

Did we ever get out of man? Do we ever? His stubbornness with refusing to change defenses has cost us titles!

I disagree. Regardless he didn’t play enough for anyone to say. When he was he looked scared and timid. Doesn’t matter. He’s likely moving out. At least according to all the reports and various sources. Frankly, if I’m coaching him and know he’s on his way out, I don’t play him either.
Your second sentence is all that needs to be said.

Cal can’t coach. Has never been able to coach. There are tons of guys who would kill for this roster. Cal is a great recruiter and promoter. But he has zero clue how to use the talent he acquires. That will always be the case.
Truth be told. He has cost us two or three Championships. But than again if he's not the coach we probably wouldn't have players good enough to win those championships. So as they say were stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Reactions: ukgrad2004
And played defense like a matador. If you like bull fighting, he was great.

Let’s go pick 3 mins from each player. I’m sure they can all have a half ass decent, not good 3 minute stretch.

If you wanna bitch about somebody, bitch about Brooks and Askew. Not the dude that played 3 f'ing minutes. Good God, the Cal nut hugging crew.

If you wanna bitch about somebody, bitch about Brooks and Askew. Not the dude that played 3 f'ing minutes. Good God, the Cal nut hugging crew.

Are you summoning your Cal nut hugging crew to help you?? I don’t understand but whatever. It’s a weird world these days. If this is about Allen, he’s not the player you think he is, yet. Should we call for your Allen but hugging crew too now?? If that’s how you roll man.....

• Haha
Reactions: Mike-D
Are you summoning your Cal nut hugging crew to help you?? I don’t understand but whatever. It’s a weird world these days. If this is about Allen, he’s not the player you think he is, yet. Should we call for your Allen but hugging crew too now?? If that’s how you roll man.....

We scored 41 points the last 30 minutes after Florida went to zone. How did Cal attack said zone? Playing 3 bigs. Comical. Every time Allen came into the game, Florida went back to man. So yes, get Cals balls out ya fuggin mouth.

Allen didn’t play well either. That’s why he sat most of the game. Came in and immediately looked lost on defense. Then had a stupid foul pushing right under the basket in front of the ref. So timid. Brooks didn’t have a good game either.
BS, Allen did nothing wrong on defense. I was specifically watching him. I thought he played good defense. Why not talk about Brooks’ D?

Reactions: westerncat
Bro, Keion said “this team had something missing during the first 3 game streak this time it’s different there’s a sense of unity”

nobody passes to allen when he’s open

UNITY
Yeah its like the other players don't like him. They never are looking to set him up for shots. Cal has in the past run a few plays to get him open that don't work. But I'm talking about fast breaks and on broken plays.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Hey, we're just 6 games away from .500 so, give it a break. This is one of Cal's better jobs all things considered. If it weren't for COVID, the FANS, the toughest schedule ever attempted, kids not doing what they were taught, referees not playing fair, KSR, and climate change (nasty 2 week record breaking freezing spell) we would be contenders.
You sure you aren't leaving out any detail? 😂

Reactions: warrior-cat
We scored 41 points the last 30 minutes after Florida went to zone. How did Cal attack said zone? Playing 3 bigs. Comical. Every time Allen came into the game, Florida went back to man. So yes, get Cals balls out ya fuggin mouth.

You have to let go of his and Allen’s first. You a two hand kinda guy?? Is it Mike D as in likes Deez ?? .

BS, Allen did nothing wrong on defense. I was specifically watching him. I thought he played good defense. Why not talk about Brooks’ D?

Brooks was bad too. I said that in another thread. He was off today and we’ve come to rely on him. It’s not BS about Allen. I was specifically watching him too. The kid is lost on defense and offense unless he’s spotted up to receive and shoot. Extremely timid. He will grow out of it but that’s where he is now.

This!! It’s not Askew at all this is on Cal for recruiting the kid and putting him in this position!! Cal and Staff horrible scouting and recruiting has led to this downfall, it’s hard to watch and it won’t be any better next year!😞😞Sad time being a big blue fan!!!
Were just not very good just have to except it maybe in a few years things will change

Reactions: MakinMusic
Deez nuts in ya mouf

I had you pegged as THAT guy. It’s 2021 bro. Not my thing but come on out the closet. Probably a forum on here for that stuff. Give it a shot. Might make you forget about this basketball season.

Allen didn’t play well either. That’s why he sat most of the game. Came in and immediately looked lost on defense. Then had a stupid foul pushing right under the basket in front of the ref. So timid. Brooks didn’t have a good game either.
Allen wasn’t responsible for one Florida basket today. The only thing he did wrong was push off that one time. He was open a couple of times from three point range they didn’t even look his way. He also was wide open on a cut once for a layup and no pass comes there either. I guess you could say the kid didn’t get much of a chance. Imagine that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT