ADVERTISEMENT

Verdict is in (From ‘21)

This!! It’s not Askew at all this is on Cal for recruiting the kid and putting him in this position!! Cal and Staff horrible scouting and recruiting has led to this downfall, it’s hard to watch and it won’t be any better next year!😞😞Sad time being a big blue fan!!!
What happened 25 years ago when a freshman struggled? Why do you believe this won't happen with Askew? Pretty sure Tony Delk looked pretty avg in 1993.

Allen didn’t play well either. That’s why he sat most of the game. Came in and immediately looked lost on defense. Then had a stupid foul pushing right under the basket in front of the ref. So timid. Brooks didn’t have a good game either.
Respectfully - this shit show today had nothing to do with Allen. Also - you saw the same last 3 mins of the game that I did....they all look f’ing lost!

But you also want 3/4* recruits to stay 4 years. Correct?
I'll ask your question back to you... What's gonna get better after these 3* recruits freshman year?

I know you didn't mean to, but you really just proved that our fans really don't want less talented players to stay longer.

I have no problem with kids staying for 3 years. But they have to show some sort of potential or something they're good at that you can work with. What's he good at? Has zero athleticism, no floater game at all, low IQ, his jumper needs work AT BEST, cant finish at the rim or beat his man off the dribble. I mean, good lord. With Toppin, you see stuff that goes, yeah, that kid is gonna be a hoss in 2 years. You see Mintz growing that if he gets another year he could go to the next level. What has Askew shown that makes you go, yeah that kid will really help us in 2 years? Whats his skill that keeps him on the floor other than Cal jus not having anyone else? I just don't see anything there. Sorry.

I have no problem with kids staying for 3 years. But they have to show some sort of potential or something they're good at that you can work with. What's he good at? Has zero athleticism, no floater game at all, low IQ, his jumper needs work AT BEST, cant finish at the rim or beat his man off the dribble. I mean, good lord. With Toppin, you see stuff that goes, yeah, that kid is gonna be a hoss in 2 years. You see Mintz growing that if he gets another year he could go to the next level. What has Askew shown that makes you go, yeah that kid will really help us in 2 years? Whats his skill that keeps him on the floor other than Cal jus not having anyone else? I just don't see anything there. Sorry.
Askew has alot of potential. You know that too.
Mintz is 22 freaking years old man. Use some common sense.
He is prototype for what a 4 year player should look like

Askew has alot of potential. You know that too.
Mintz is 22 freaking years old man. Use some common sense.
He is prototype for what a 4 year player should look like
A lot of potential where? What skills has he shown you that leads you to believe he has a ton of potential? Is he magically gonna have the speed and handle to beat his man off the dribble in 2023?

Reactions: ala_kat2
Respectfully - this shit show today had nothing to do with Allen. Also - you saw the same last 3 mins of the game that I did....they all look f’ing lost!

I hear you. Don’t disagree. However, just pointing out Allen because Askew is getting piled on, myself included. There are so many people who think Allen should replace Askew and/or Boston. Simply pointing out he was just as bad or worse.

Allen was +3 in 3 minutes. Yeah, dude was atrocious.

And played defense like a matador. If you like bull fighting, he was great.

Let’s go pick 3 mins from each player. I’m sure they can all have a half ass decent, not good 3 minute stretch.

He's a pg. Everything is highlighted 20 times what it is with toppin. He shows potential in every aspect of the game he just needs to keep working and developing.

You must have been watching another game he had one foul in four minutes played, and his man never scored.

Poor defense doesn’t mean your man scores. It usually has more to do with someone else getting free from the offensive team because someone else had to help you.

I hear you. Don’t disagree. However, just pointing out Allen because Askew is getting piled on, myself included. There are so many people who think Allen should replace Askew and/or Boston. Simply pointing out he was just as bad or worse.

No he wasn’t worse today. Askew, Boston, and Brooks’ asses should have been on the bench.

He's a pg. Everything is highlighted 20 times what it is with toppin. He shows potential in every aspect of the game he just needs to keep working and developing.

Exactly, hes a PG at UK. Its different. To play PG for Cal you can't be a 4 year guy. Doesnt work. He needs you to do too much. He isnt Brad Stevens where hes gonna have a bible of plays to help you.

Hes grooming him for later, 34 minutes a game is to much and everyone with eyes can watch a game and see. His production per minutes played wouldn't get u in a girl scout league, but with our coach he gives him more pt than anyone we've ever had.
If it pays off good for everyone but if he transfers than we suffered for no reason. I'm thinking cal is wanting him to season for his last few years here cause if your losing 15 regular season games he's gonna be your last pg.

Well, if UK loses half of their team or more this offseason, it means Cal either hasn’t heard the fan base or doesn’t care what they think. If that ends up being the case, I’m done with him as UKs coach. There are guys that could be good college players if they stay more than a year already on this team. The OAD has to go. Tired of it!
Will Cal go into the locker room after the last game and say “None of you are coming back”?

Should say just the opposite

QUOTE="track42, post: 9645822, member: 87383"]
He's slow,can't shoot,dribble or play D and whines like a little girl.
[/QUOTE]
Nah. He's plenty fast enough. Confidence and strength in an off-season go a long way

No he wasn’t worse today. Askew, Boston, and Brooks’ asses should have been on the bench.

I disagree. Regardless he didn’t play enough for anyone to say. When he was he looked scared and timid. Doesn’t matter. He’s likely moving out. At least according to all the reports and various sources. Frankly, if I’m coaching him and know he’s on his way out, I don’t play him either.

I disagree. Regardless he didn’t play enough for anyone to say. When he was he looked scared and timid. Doesn’t matter. He’s likely moving out. At least according to all the reports and various sources. Frankly, if I’m coaching him and know he’s on his way out, I don’t play him either.
Cal quit playing him before the rumors.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
Nope.....let the mess Cal created soak in to the bone for everyone.
Take a good long look at it. Cause it aint likely to be much better any time soon.

Doesn’t change my opinion that I had 3 months ago. He gets a chance to fix it next season. There’s no one worth replacing him at the moment. It’s not going to happen anyway. Truth is, he would have to have another season like this one next season for anyone in the position to push him out to even get serious about it.

8-14. My god.
Hey, we're just 6 games away from .500 so, give it a break. This is one of Cal's better jobs all things considered. If it weren't for COVID, the FANS, the toughest schedule ever attempted, kids not doing what they were taught, referees not playing fair, KSR, and climate change (nasty 2 week record breaking freezing spell) we would be contenders.

Allen didn’t play well either. That’s why he sat most of the game. Came in and immediately looked lost on defense. Then had a stupid foul pushing right under the basket in front of the ref. So timid. Brooks didn’t have a good game either.
You lie. He did not look lost on defense.

The foul didn’t result in a basket for Florida.

Well, Askew has all season and a ton of minutes to improve. Ain't happening apparently.

You lie. He did not look lost on defense.

The foul didn’t result in a basket for Florida.

There’s no lie. Haha. He ALWAYS looks lost, scared and timid. That said, he can improve and likely will by year 3 but it will be somewhere else.

Nah. He's plenty fast enough. Confidence and strength in an off-season go a long way
keep fighting the good fight
[/QUOTE]
I'm not fighting friend, I'm just pointing out facts and trying to walk you fans off a ledge
Most of you forget how much better players become with time

There’s no lie. Haha. He ALWAYS looks lost, scared and timid. That said, he can improve and likely will by year 3 but it will be somewhere else.
At least he doesn't cry on the court like a little girl.Askew says hello.

Doesn’t change my opinion that I had 3 months ago. He gets a chance to fix it next season. There’s no one worth replacing him at the moment. It’s not going to happen anyway. Truth is, he would have to have another season like this one next season for anyone in the position to push him out to even get serious about it.
Yeah, be hard to find someone who could 8-14. Must be only 40-50 guys who could do that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT