ADVERTISEMENT

Vegas odds on who will be the next coach.

University-6

Sophomore
Sep 28, 2017

Next Kentucky Coach Odds​

PlayerOddsImplied Probability
Nate Oats, Alabama+35022.2%
Scott Drew, Baylor+45018.2%
Bruce Pearl, Auburn+60014.3%
Billy Donovan, Chicago Bulls+62513.8%
Dan Hurley, Connecticut+65013.8%
TJ Otzelberger, Iowa State+80011.1%
Rick Pitino, St. John’s+11008.3%
Jay Wright, formerly Villanova+12007.7%
Mark Pope, BYU+12007.7%
The Field+15006.3%
Here's the link..

Oats just feels like the pick, gut feeling.

If Mitch goes to the donors and says "I have Oats ready to sign on the dotted line but I need your help with the buyout", they will find the money.

He feels like the pick that would make nearly everyone happy, from playing style, etc. to Oats possibly realizing he can't win a title at Alabama and needs a bigger stage.

My thoughts on Scott Drew is what you see is what you get. He already gets top 5 recruiting classes at Baylor. How much better could he do here? From #3 to #1?
With top recruits he still doesn’t consistently win the Big 12. And still loses in 2nd round a lot of times. I’d be afraid of the same results

I'll find it interesting if Scott Drew usesthe same "holier than thou" line for UK like he has for Baylor

My thoughts on Scott Drew is what you see is what you get. He already gets top 5 recruiting classes at Baylor. How much better could he do here? From #3 to #1?
With top recruits he still doesn’t consistently win the Big 12. And still loses in 2nd round a lot of times. I’d be afraid of the same results
Cal went from the absolute best to top 3 and he fell apart. I don't want Drew here, but there is absolutely a difference in recruiting once you get the top guys.

He was also blacklisted from coaching D1 for 10 years. But let's only act like the Aaron Craft thing was his only mistake.
Oh no. He’s just a terrible coach. Let’s just pretend we didn’t just lose a coach that had two final fours vacated.

You and me see him the same. Will be excited for anyone else but him.

Exactly, I’m not sure why everyone keeps bringing him up. He can’t win with talent in the Big12. Cal 2.0 performance wise.

Reactions: Blue_belly
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT