ADVERTISEMENT

Vandy - what should UK be working on?

gamecockcat

All-SEC
Oct 29, 2004
1. Their QB seems very slippery - Afari as spy for many plays? Making him throw from the pocket - I feel he can hurt us if we let him improvise too much.
2. I would think/hope we have physical superiority so straight ahead running, play action off of successful running game? I hope we don't have to dig too deep into the playbook to put together several scoring drives.
3. OL needs to continue to improve and eliminate the blown assignments.
4. Working some other option off the one play that Wimsatt runs to include a misdirection handoff, quick slant, etc. IIRC, way back in days of yore when Tommy Frasier was running NE's offense, there were several plays a game when he'd fake handoff and then take 2 steps back to throw. It was very effective as he was seen as a runner first and the defense would key on him keeping the ball. If we install something like this, we could definitely use it against other opponents.
5. Vandy looks like they're well coached so we can't be arrogant or flat. Have to play our game, score some TDs and not let them hang around deep into the 4th.

Reactions: The-Hack
Vandy QB reminds me a little of Manziel. He is quick,runs well and makes throws out of the pocket. We haven't really seen a guy like this all year.We should be working on stopping him. He gambles slot so if we are in the right schemes we should get a turnover or 2

Pull up the film of that NMS QB they brought in.

They run some freaky RPO’s out on the edge, and the QB is pretty slick on decision making.

Reactions: gamecockcat
Defensive ends need to keep QB in the middle of the field, that keeps him from getting to the edge, he's really dangerous on cutting back to the middle. Run the ball, run the ball, that'll open up passing lanes. Don't be surprised if this game is close.

Offensive line play is way above anything else on the list of what to work on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT