ADVERTISEMENT

Vandy, Florida and Auburn are not pushovers

Mar 30, 2024
Very surprised that most UK fans think we’ll just roll the next three teams. And if you say that’s not what most are saying, you’re living under a rock. I’ve seen folks say these are bad teams we’ll be playing. For a team that struggles to score as much as we do, I wouldn’t be surprised if we go 3-0 or 0-3. I’m enjoying the win against UM, and I’m cautiously optimistic, but to think we’ll just walk into Gainesville where we’ve won 3 times in the last 50 years and roll them, I don’t get it, at all. Vandy played Missouri to OT last week (and we play them after a bye week which doesn’t bode well), and Auburn just lost a close one to OK that they were winning late. These will likely be toss up games IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blouman and K86
And if you say that’s not what most are saying, you’re living under a rock.

Most have described them as “winnable.”

That’s where I’m at.

Vandy frightens me the most. That freak QB from NMS, and his Coach, Jerry Kill might beat our asses. They dismantled Auburn at Auburn , when playing/coaching NM State.

No game is a pushover in this conference.

However, we're a lot better than our record. We have one of, if not the best damn defenses in the country. There's not a lot of teams that can hold Ole Miss and UGA under 20 and under 15.

We have a really good running game with 2 QBs who are both good runners, our 2 RBs, and we're about to add the kidd who was essentially supposed to be our starter. That will open up the play book a little for the other two guys to be utilized in different ways. No way you just shelve them, even if Chip T is great. They've been too good and worked too hard. So you get creative and get them looks.

Passing game can only get better, but I'm not sure we need it to improve greatly. Just little things here and there.

Special teams is solid with one of the best kickers in the country.

Reactions: Blouman and CGblue
Very surprised that most UK fans think we’ll just roll the next three teams. And if you say that’s not what most are saying, you’re living under a rock. I’ve seen folks say these are bad teams we’ll be playing. For a team that struggles to score as much as we do, I wouldn’t be surprised if we go 3-0 or 0-3. I’m enjoying the win against UM, and I’m cautiously optimistic, but to think we’ll just walk into Gainesville where we’ve won 3 times in the last 50 years and roll them, I don’t get it, at all. Vandy played Missouri to OT last week (and we play them after a bye week which doesn’t bode well), and Auburn just lost a close one to OK that they were winning late. These will likely be toss up games IMO.
Confusing post. And no, after the way we played pre Ole Miss game, MOST of us posters did NOT feel like those three would be easy W's. Quite the opposite. Also, Vandy does NOT have a bye before playing UK. They play Alabama this week. UK has a bye and should be heeled up really good, and Vandy will be a little beat up having to go play Alabama.

Reactions: CGblue
They are all toss ups. If we can not eff up om offense we should win all 3 though.

Auburn is also better than their record and so is vandy.

50/50 games.
We all know the deal on these teams. One is vastly improved and the other two could be playing for their season and the job of the coach.

In other words...SEC football. They are all big, they all have talent, and nobody is a cake walk.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT