ADVERTISEMENT

Vandagriff

We need a QB that can create in the pocket and throw players open
He is just not a natural talent at that position
I assume our tight ends only pass block
Routes take way to long
No TDs in two weeks is not good
This was his 3rd start in college against UGA. What you guys want is Michael Vick.

• Love
Reactions: The-Hack
I am ready to give him a few more games before I call him a bust. Other than this season he has zero experience in a game. I believe he has some skills but has a long way to go.

Should use this week to split series evenly between GW and BV and go with the guy who has the better statline at the end of the game. We should win regardless of rotating QB series

Brock looks like a bust…but he’s got to process plays much faster or this season will be a bust…and Uk should go to Boley in 2025

The sacks came right up the middle and it’s like he could not react to obvious play right in front of him
It's why he probably didn't see the field in Athens. Slow feet and processes too slow ... have to agree with what you say. This coaching staff will not likely give the other QBs an equal opportunity, IMO. The future is with the younger guys, and I will be shocked to see them given a chance unless Vandagriff hits Brock bottom ... we'll see.

Should use this week to split series evenly between GW and BV and go with the guy who has the better statline at the end of the game. We should win regardless of rotating QB series
We're only favored by 5 more than we were against South Carolina. This game is a probable win, but, no lock. I would just go with Brock and if we are losing, then consider a change.

Reactions: EliteBlue
It's why he probably didn't see the field in Athens. Slow feet and processes too slow ... have to agree with what you say. This coaching staff will not likely give the other QBs an equal opportunity, IMO. The future is with the younger guys, and I will be shocked to see them given a chance unless Vandagriff hits Brock bottom ... we'll see.
I don't care to see Wimsatt....he's sort of shown he can't throw the ball...so give Brock some time to show if he can.

I will say this...if Brock doesn't improve a ton....I'd go to Boley next year if he has a pulse.

Reactions: Cat_Man_Blue
Brock looks like a bust…but he’s got to process plays much faster or this season will be a bust…and Uk should go to Boley in 2025

The sacks came right up the middle and it’s like he could not react to obvious play right in front of him
Like you but totally disagree….
For the sack…. Pending where his eyes was and trusting his line to cover him.

Brock I’m totally okay with right now.

I don’t think we tank Brock.

I think we pass more and build…. Line freaking cover his butt.

I saw some encouraging things from our team in Saturday but Brock was not one of them. His decision making is WAY too slow and he holds on to the ball way too long. Plays were there to be had, but he couldn't pull the trigger quickly enough.

Also, our OL was MUCH better against UGA than it was against USC. It was not their fault saturday night.

So far, I think Leary was much better than Brock and that is a depressing statement.

The only time he looks serviceable is when he rolls out of the pocket and throws on the run. I made the joke at halftime that in the second half they should just run the Lynn Bowden playbook. He’s decent running the ball.
Complete bust and obviously the backups are horrendous if they beat this dude out

Not a bust but clearly more Leary than Levis.
He's actually real similar to Levis. Poor decisions like Levis always made and still is. He has the ability to take off and run when needed aswell. The whole game Saturday I was thinking how much everything he did reminded me of Levis

Judging a player in only his third start, including one vs #1 team, is ridiculous.
Bottomline.....I get it's early.

But it's a theme under Stoops...QBs don't tend to develop as the starts get under their belt (Terry Wilson, Levis, etc...did they improve from year 1 to year 2.....I'd argue their performance waned...but the talent around them also waned IMO).

But to see cornball Beamer to get his Redshirt FR to show a pulse in 3 games...while Brock looks like a train wreck in 2 SEC games....is very depressing. This is an example where our coaches simply are out-performed by peer level SEC teams....so it's not always about jimmy-joes...sometimes it is indeed the Xs and Os.

He's actually real similar to Levis. Poor decisions like Levis always made and still is. He has the ability to take off and run when needed aswell. The whole game Saturday I was thinking how much everything he did reminded me of Levis
Interesting, I dont see it quite like that but I'm also 5alking about results more than specific plays.

The only time he looks serviceable is when he rolls out of the pocket and throws on the run. I made the joke at halftime that in the second half they should just run the Lynn Bowden playbook. He’s decent running the ball.
Complete bust and obviously the backups are horrendous if they beat this dude out
The guys behind him weren’t even giving a chance. Dude was handed the job

Leary threw for something like 2700 yards and 25 TDs and his last two games last year were excellent, I'll take that in a heartbeat.

BV may very well turn into a flop but it's far too early to judge that. What I see right now is he's wild high with a lot of throws, that's usually a mechanical thing and easily correctable. Noticed Sat he was sitting on the bench with an asst coach and an I-Pad which is much better than sitting at the end of the bench all alone and pouting. Give him more time.

BV is a very inexperienced guy at this level....didn't sniff the top job at UGA. Went to a small private school where he was probably the best guy on the field each night. We weren't getting anything close to a finished product.

Levis was a winner here. 17 wins in less than 2 full seasons. If he doesn't get hurt in 2022 that team probably goes 9 and 3 again.

Reactions: ala_kat2
I don’t think more time will change anything. I am ready to call Vandagriff a bust based on his performance so far this season. Not all 5 star QB’s will become good college players, it’s just taken this long for Brock to get his chance to show he is not our answer.

I don’t know why we don’t give him quick one read throws more. He threw a beautiful slant pass earlier. He needs to have one read with a check down. If the first option isn’t open go to the check down immediately.

He threw for barely 100 yards. How many good throws can you have when he can’t generate a vertical pass threat?
Dang, if Vandagriff is a bust what does that make Carson Beck? Did you happen to check his stat line? Dude is in his third career start and playing for the most conservative coach in America that hasn’t had a single above average offense since he’s been here. Hell, Will Levis Levis is a starting QB in the NFL right now and even the offense was clunky under him. Do you not realize that QB’s and offensive coordinators look terrible under Stoops? Vandagriff has a lot to work on, but if you can’t see the raw talent and tools he has to work with then you need to stick to basketball

Reactions: mrschwump
May be a little too early, but how long has he been playing QB? Line 12-14 years? You either got it or you don’t. So far, not very creative except for taking off and running. Hope he and the coaches can get him going.

I don't care to see Wimsatt....he's sort of shown he can't throw the ball...so give Brock some time to show if he can.

I will say this...if Brock doesn't improve a ton....I'd go to Boley next year if he has a pulse.
Dang, you seem to be changing your tune a bit from Saturday night. You’re telling me Brock needs more than 2 and 1/2 starts behind a terrible pass blocking offensive line before we can completely call him a bum? It’s a good thing you didn’t see Joe Burrow in his first year at LSU, looked pretty shaky to say the least

Which proves the point. People sh1t on Leary when it wasnt his fault. He got zero help from wrs.

Brock is the problem. He isnt trusting what he sees and turning the ball loose. He waits till guys are actually open which is too late.

We probably win that game if he lets that hitch go to his left. That had 5 yards written all over it, putting us into long but doable fg range ASSUMING we dont gain anything else.

Instead he stared at it, came off, and tried to find something downfield.
Leary is just the easy scapegoat. He made some mistakes but he got ZERO help from his WRs that year. They were flat out bad. Also think Coen could have made things a little easier for him by making the Offense more college friendly

• Love
Reactions: bigblueinsanity
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT