ADVERTISEMENT

Vandagriff

K_TIME

All-American
Jan 2, 2003
Brock looks like a bust…but he’s got to process plays much faster or this season will be a bust…and Uk should go to Boley in 2025

The sacks came right up the middle and it’s like he could not react to obvious play right in front of him

I'm not ready to call him a bust yet, you need game reps against quality competition no matter who you are. He certainly needs to go through his reads faster and get rid of the ball quicker but that just comes with game reps. When he's had time he's delivered the ball pretty well, better than the last few years. But the line isn't what has been either. Heart breaker for the team but I think proving they can play the #1 team to within a single point can help their confidence going forward.

Brock looks like a bust…but he’s got to process plays much faster or this season will be a bust…and Uk should go to Boley in 2025

The sacks came right up the middle and it’s like he could not react to obvious play right in front of him
Not a bust but clearly more Leary than Levis.

Reactions: Titpwhami2014
He doesn’t throw with anticipation, he doesn’t step up in the pocket, his throwing motion is awkward and results in tons of batted balls, he stares down his receivers, the list goes on and on. He is not a good quarterback. Add it to the endless list of busts at that position

Last edited:
He can’t play the position he’s not a natural- cannot process quickly
I move to someone else but Stoops will never do it

a little over 3 minutes to go, inside the 50 yard line, 2nd and 7 and 3rd and 7 with the game on the line we ran two drop back passes? I don’t fault the pass but why in the pocket instead of rolling him out which gives him a chance to run if nothing in front of him to throw for an easy 5-7 yards. We needed one more first down to give Rayner a chance but we resort to crappy play calling and then chicken shit coaching which is stoops calling card.

I honestly don’t know if he’s a bust. Looked great Week 1, was running for his life Week 2, and played the #1 team Week 3. I’m willing to give him some more chances.

I also think our WR room is overrated. Brown and Key are the same players they were as freshmen. Maclin is average. Thought we had a formidable trio going into the year…but I no longer feel that way.

Reactions: Skyguyb27
I'm concerned about quality of the ball he throws.
I thought he had an NFL arm, but I don't see it.
Practice highlights he was not spinning it.
That thing had a lot of wobble.
Didn't see it against Southern Miss, but it was there last week and tonight.
Sometimes there's Zip, sometimes it's not getting there and low.

He has to speed up his reads. I’m just glad the line gave him a chance. He made some good throws against a top shelf defense. My biggest takeaway from the passing game is that it’s so vanilla. Not much imagination.
He threw for barely 100 yards. How many good throws can you have when he can’t generate a vertical pass threat?

I'm not sure if it's the QB anymore. Under stoops very few QB actually had a respectable season.
You have to have someone on the staff, that knows and understands QB.
About the only coach that actually got respectable QB play for stoops was Coen.

Don't know if it is the way they practice, not allowed to get into a rhythm, or stoops might be to tight/nervous on game day. Most good QB Coaches or OC have a calm cocky like confidence.

But for whatever reason Stoops does not produce comfortable confident QB'S!

Reactions: R.O.T.Muckinfush
He makes reads way to late, I counted at least 7 throws, there’s probably more, where he holds on the ball 1-2 seconds to long and the pass is incomplete or batted down. 2nd to last drive he had brown Stephen’s wide open in the flat and it would got the first down, next play he had somebody wide open as well but holds onto the ball to long

We need a QB that can create in the pocket and throw players open
He is just not a natural talent at that position
I assume our tight ends only pass block
Routes take way to long
No TDs in two weeks is not good

Reactions: plumdog69
I'm concerned about quality of the ball he throws.
I thought he had an NFL arm, but I don't see it.
Practice highlights he was not spinning it.
That thing had a lot of wobble.
Didn't see it against Southern Miss, but it was there last week and tonight.
Sometimes there's Zip, sometimes it's not getting there and low.
Nothing about speeding up processing fixes this

Last edited:
He threw for barely 100 yards. How many good throws can you have when he can’t generate a vertical pass threat?
I think it’s a shit passing game. He’s not a total shit qb. But he’s not as good as we hoped. Either bush has a bad play sheet or he doesn’t have much faith in his qb. We are essentially a big ten team. 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

a little over 3 minutes to go, inside the 50 yard line, 2nd and 7 and 3rd and 7 with the game on the line we ran two drop back passes? I don’t fault the pass but why in the pocket instead of rolling him out which gives him a chance to run if nothing in front of him to throw for an easy 5-7 yards. We needed one more first down to give Rayner a chance but we resort to crappy play calling and then chicken shit coaching which is stoops calling card.
💯💯💯💯💯

Reactions: 23jumpboy
I honestly don’t know if he’s a bust. Looked great Week 1, was running for his life Week 2, and played the #1 team Week 3. I’m willing to give him some more chances.

I also think our WR room is overrated. Brown and Key are the same players they were as freshmen. Maclin is average. Thought we had a formidable trio going into the year…but I no longer feel that way.

Yeah I don't think those guys are getting open consistently. And there's ongoing miscommunication between them and Vandagriff. It would be nice if we had a tight end that could leak out and catch passes but they're essentially offensive linemen in our offense.

If I was an elite high school tight end and Stoops and Vince were calling me, I'd ignore them and block their numbers.

He has to speed up his reads. I’m just glad the line gave him a chance. He made some good throws against a top shelf defense. My biggest takeaway from the passing game is that it’s so vanilla. Not much imagination.
We actually had guys getting open tonight. Lots of missed opportunities that I mainly attribute to him being more worried about eluding a rush and missing reads.

Brock played a decent game, that wasn't chopped liver he was playing against it was a team that hasn't lost a game since 2020 in regular season, he wasn't great but he did okay

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT