ADVERTISEMENT

UT Player attacks a fan

"Yeah. They were just asking to be pushed down or grabbed by the neck. You could tell they really wanted it."

No excuse for acting like that as players. None at all.

Is rushing the field stupid? Yes. As stupid as dressing provocatively in parts of Dearborn MI on fact. Still doesn't excuse the behavior of anyone that assaults another person without provocation or fear of harm.

That UT player is fortunate someone didn't take out one of his knees after he did that. That's a piece of sht move on te player's part

I am not excusing the player. Would it be 100% on the player if he went in the stands after the kid? Of course it would have been. When the fans charge the field after a huge win with 70 or so huge alpha males in a bad mood, is he expecting a hug? The field is the players domain, the stands is the fans domain. If each stay in their place this would not have happened.

taking out a players knee is pretty rich. What exactly do you think the player should have done? He was attempting to remove himself from the field.

I am not excusing the player. Would it be 100% on the player if he went in the stands after the kid? Of course it would have been. When the fans charge the field after a huge win with 70 or so huge alpha males in a bad mood, is he expecting a hug? The field is the players domain, the stands is the fans domain. If each stay in their place this would not have happened.

taking out a players knee is pretty rich. What exactly do you think the player should have done? He was attempting to remove himself from the field.
Takes a Georgia fan to come in here with some sense. Good post, Grump.

Again; both are in the wrong. The player is on camera and will face consequences. But not only were these people on the field; they are right in front of the corner leading to the player's locker room. That doesn't seem very smart; especially in front of a team who has just lost. This foolishness will continue until someone gets seriously hurt.

Last edited:
Reactions: PickSixKing
My first thought was stay off the field. Not a fan of storming. But this was deliberate and way more than pushing a fan out of the way to get to the locker room. Both are at fault. But so is ESPN/networks as they continuously televise these stormings.
It should be above Arkansas to storm the field for beating UT. Would we have stormed if we had beaten Ole Miss at Kroger Field? Would it have been warranted? Had we beat UGA, then yeah we would have stormed, Vandy deserved to storm for beating Bama, but Arkansas over UT? C’mon.

It should be above Arkansas to storm the field for beating UT. Would we have stormed if we had beaten Ole Miss at Kroger Field? Would it have been warranted? Had we beat UGA, then yeah we would have stormed, Vandy deserved to storm for beating Bama, but Arkansas over UT? C’mon.

UK 100% would have stormed it if they beat ole miss.

Reactions: Blue-ish
So, I can't tell for certain, but it looks like, as another poster alluded, that the male who was violently pushed down, may have been a EDITED: Arkansas cheerleader. How does your position change if the victim was, in fact, a cheerleader who has every right to be on the field?

If the entire premise for your defense of the player is that the victim of the assault and battery had no right to be on the field, the cheerleader has a case. Click.

No point in asking. He doesn't care who it is. It was OK for the player to throw someone around in his book. Doesn't matter the situation nor that the player wasn't threatened. As long as the player is mad and assaults the person, it's ok because the player belongs on the field.

And the empty seats stormed SMU after they beat UL.

lots of folks are on the field besides players. Do we know the guy didn't belong out there? What about the girl who got knocked down? We are assuming a lot and we have a lawyer here saying he wouldn't take the case before he has even looked at the evidence!

So, I can't tell for certain, but it looks like, as another poster alluded, that the male who was violently pushed down, may have been a EDITED: Arkansas cheerleader. How does your position change if the victim was, in fact, a cheerleader who has every right to be on the field?

If the entire premise for your defense of the player is that the victim of the assault and battery had no right to be on the field, the cheerleader has a case. Click.

He's also OK with police using excessive force because the person harmed doesn't have rights. He's OK with with a man assaulting a woman because of how she's dressed. He's OK with a UFC fighter besting the snot out of a fan if that fighter has lost a bout and got too close to the fighter, because they don't belong there. If a person stumbles onto his property after a party, he's going to assault them and expect that to be OK, because they don't belong there.

Telling the whole story- it's NEVER OK for someone to assault someone else unprovoked. EVEN IF a fan jumped in his face and started taking pictures, it's still not grounds for assault, and the player should know better.

lots of folks are on the field besides players. Do we know the guy didn't belong out there? What about the girl who got knocked down? We are assuming a lot and we have a lawyer here saying he wouldn't take the case before he has even looked at the evidence!

That's why you talk to the paralegals rather than attys before you hire the atty. Sometimes attys are just glorified license holders with little knowledge of the area in which they work.

Tennessee has not been a big time player since the Manning/Martin days so I agree why are you storming the field at all? They always choke when they get rated in the top 10.

Tennessee has not been a big time player since the Manning/Martin days so I agree why are you storming the field at all? They always choke when they get rated in the top 10.

It's been 25 years since Arkansas beat a top 5 team at home (coincidentally UT). I agree with you but these morons storming the field are the dregs of society.

In fairness, I was looking at some of the Tennessee boards, and a lot of fans were suggesting he be suspended even some suggesting he should be kicked off the team. They agreed that he had no business doing that.
That’s the problem with UT tho. Their fans are the worst in the country, but their administration is a complete abomination. Their Management has even less morals than the fans. The Brass is already probably lawyering up to discredit the dude and lady that got assaulted. They are probably at this moment interviewing her ex boyfriends for dirt in the courtroom. True shit.
They low down, they dirty, they some snitches.

I understand lots of folks are on the field who aren't players or staff. But I suspect they have specific instructions of what to do and not to do. But these 2 were not wearing anything signifying they had a reason to be on the field, had no cameras indicating they were part of the press. We both know that it is 95% chance they were fans who stormed the field. But I don't know that, I also don't know if he called the player a name.

Kid had no business on the field in the first place. As my grandfather told me many times," You grab the bull you get the horns" UTs player shouldn't have done it, but as anyone whose ever played college football can tell you what happened was inevitable. If authorities didn't get some control over fans it WILL happen again.

Reactions: STL_Cat
I’ve watched the video several times. The fan seems to be closer, and maybe up in the face of a gray haired Coach wearing an Orange shirt.

The player appears to be grabbing him from very close to the older guy, and slinging him down. I’d be interested hearing the older gent’s version of what was said/what was happening.

I “rushed the field” in 2010, against South Carolina, and had I been close to USCe staff or players, I would have given them wide space: I dropped from an 8 foot high wall to celebrate with Kentucky fans, not to rub a loss in the face of South Carolina.

I’m not defending the player, but he might have a defense, depending on all the circumstances.

Reactions: STL_Cat
You can be on the field and not get assaulted. You accomplish this by staying clear of a losing low down dirty snitch.
Otherwise, all bets are off.
They low down.

I wonder if the student used a racial slur and the player reacted. That is usually what is thrown out there more often than not, whether it happened or not I don’t know. I’m just guessing and would that be grounds to put hands on another person?

i would be OK with a little push, but to throw the person down is over the line. and the girl he lands on is a cheerleader, so she was suppose to be on the field (can't tell if the guy was a cheerleader or not). player should be suspended for a while. but the university of thugs with probably give him a McDonald's bag.

I’ve been banging the KEEP THE FANS OFF THE F’N FIELD drum for as long as people have been doing it. It’s always a disaster waiting to happen when a bunch of drunk idiots run onto the field through an emotional bunch of athletes after taking a loss. As far as I’m concerned you assume all risk when you run onto the field in that situation. If you get crushed by a player I feel zero sympathy for you.
Yep, like a batted ball into the stands at a baseball game, you assume certain risks merely being in attendance but much more so when you violate the rules of the house and go where you know you're not allowed to go.

Again; both are in the wrong. The player is on camera and will face consequences. But not only were these people on the field; they are right in front of the corner leading to the player's locker room. That doesn't seem very smart; especially in front of a team who has just lost. This foolishness will continue until someone gets seriously hurt.
Yea, I think that’s two totally different things.
Rushing a field, you are not supposed to but it’s a tradition. No one is being harmed. No player has ever been injured by fans. Fans have been assaulted by players on many occasions. Ron Artest, last year at Duke, you can’t just nail someone because you lost.
Assault is a crime punishable by jail time. The fan did not touch the player. He was pissed so he struck him. You can’t do that. You can’t just assault someone because you are in a bad mood. Sorry.

Yea, I think that’s two totally different things.
Rushing a field, you are not supposed to but it’s a tradition. No one is being harmed. No player has ever been injured by fans. Fans have been assaulted by players on many occasions. Ron Artest, last year at Duke, you can’t just nail someone because you lost.
Assault is a crime punishable by jail time. The fan did not touch the player. He was pissed so he struck him. You can’t do that. You can’t just assault someone because you are in a bad mood. Sorry.
So you went back 20 years to cite the malice in the palace, and I'm pretty sure the Duke incident was caused by fans on the floor where they don't belong as well.

Bottom line, buying a ticket doesn't grant you access to the field. Just like the players don't belong in the stands. If everyone stays where they are supposed to be, this doesn't happen.

So you went back 20 years to cite the malice in the palace, and I'm pretty sure the Duke incident was caused by fans on the floor where they don't belong as well.

Bottom line, buying a ticket doesn't grant you access to the field. Just like the players don't belong in the stands. If everyone stays where they are supposed to be, this doesn't happen.
That’s true. But they didn’t.
Just my opinion.
Rushing the field to celebrate does not give someone the justification to physically assault someone.
If that’s true, anytime someone parks in front of my driveway I can knock them out??
They were not supposed to be there.
These athletes act like they are above the law. Because people treat them that way.

Last edited:
That’s true. But they didn’t.
Just my opinion.
Rushing the field to celebrate does not give someone the justification to physically assault someone.
If that’s true, anytime someone parks in front of my driveway I can knock them out??
They were not supposed to be there.
What a terrible analogy. just god awful, honestly.

Fans don’t belong on the field, I’d win that litigation with my eyes closed.
the "fan" was a cheerleader, he has the right to be on the field. He was just simply running toward the Arkansas players to celebrate a big W. And you would lose that litigation. Video evidence is a VERY powerful took in court. NOTHING in that video suggest the victims instigated the incident or provoked the player one bit. I hope you really are not a lawyer in real life. You would be just like UT, take a big L.

Only if you tell the whole story. If a fan runs onto the field where THEY DO NOT BELONG (you know the SEC fines universities for this) and they get crushed by a player who is where he belongs, no sympathy from me. Buying a ticket to the game does not give you access to the field.
BS. Just because a fan is not supposed to be on the field (he was he is a cheerleader, but even if he wasn't), it doesn't give the player the free shot to knock the guy / girl on their ass. They did not provoke or taunt the player, he was not in danger, they was not even running toward the player. He was pissed off they had lost, took out his anger on a defenseless cheerleader / fan. That DOES NOT give him the right to physically assault someone.

Reactions: EKCAT4YRS
E
What a terrible analogy. just god awful, honestly.
exactly the same. Exactly.
The only difference is you are giving these athletes special treatment. Other people are not protected at their jobs the way you want to protect them.
This is why these guys act like they are above the law. Because you treat them that way.
If anyone else assaulted someone because they were in their workspace you would not protect them. Don’t hang on these athletes nuts. They don’t deserve special treatment. It’s called equal protection under the law in America. I know a lot of people have forgotten our constitution.
This same player was involved in a maylea at Florida. The dude has issues.

Last edited:

it was a cheerleader. he had a right to be on the field. Him being a CHEER leader, he was simply running to be with the Arkansas players to celebrate the win. He did NOT provoke the UT player or was the UT player in harms way. I did not expect this POV from you, you are usually a pretty solid poster. You are wrong on this one.

After watching the video a couple of times, The UT player actually turns around from leaving thru the tunnel and comes back and shoves the person. If he keeps walking and leaves the field, this doesn't happen. The UT player is actually the one who instigated the incident.

Reactions: Deeeefense
I wonder if the student used a racial slur and the player reacted. That is usually what is thrown out there more often than not, whether it happened or not I don’t know. I’m just guessing and would that be grounds to put hands on another person?
Why would you immediately wonder that?
I assumed he said you suck, you low down dirty snitchin piece of Tennessee trash.
But jumping straight to riggety riggety rrrrracism seems suspect.
GBB!

Shout out to the TN. state police who saved my ass by helping change a blowout on Jellico last week. A huge pothole got 14 people before they could block it.
They are not low down, trash, or snitches.

Shout out to the TN. state police who saved my ass by helping change a blowout on Jellico last week. A huge pothole got 14 people before they could block it.
They are not low down, trash, or snitches.
OK. A bit off topic, but I guess you can shout out someone who was not even involved with the topic being discussed ?????

That's not very "Championship of Life" of Mister Thomas. 😞😮‍💨

Nah, but seriously, that's bad. Randall Cobb, Benny, Smitty or any of our favorites – if they'd done that, I'd hope we call for them to get an absolute ass whipping. I'm not going to call for his scholarship or anything, but he needs to be made an example of for both his team and publicly.

OK. A bit off topic, but I guess you can shout out someone who was not even involved with the topic being discussed ?????
Trash Tennessee and their people, then carve out those heroes so as not to disparage them.
Stream of consciousness post.
Perfect logic as far as I can tell. 👀

TN propaganda machine, AKA Big Orange Mafia, was out enforce this morning with the headline: UT player ALLEDGEDLY shoves student(my CAPS). Can't make this stuff up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT