ADVERTISEMENT

UT got a 5-star commit who attended UK spanking

With Josiah James already signed we are starting to sign elite players.

Barnes recruiting really well right now. This season should only help him

UT is going to be top 5-7 again next year if Williams/Bone return with James coming in
That’s a lot of what if’s. Lets see if he can keep the Williams kid. Lot of time between now and the signing period

Reactions: -BBH- and Mr_GG
Good pickup for the Vols.

It's great for SEC basketball for other programs to get some elite talent, and the better the conference the better the Cats will be come tournament time. Also pretty confident Rick Barnes didn't go the Will Wade route to land his 5 star so that's always a plus.

If Williams is leaving he’s stamping his passport. He won’t be leaving for the NBA, at least not unless he goes via the second round.

Uh yeah thats exactly what i mean there chokunteer. Lot of talk about williams and bone leaving.
There is ZERO talk of them leaving well other than from Kentucky fans

I was confused about your comment with a lot of time left before signing period so that’s why I didn’t know what to meant

There is ZERO talk of them leaving well other than from Kentucky fans

I was confused about your comment with a lot of time left before signing period so that’s why I didn’t know what to meant
Dude i just saw two of your own freaking fans talking about it onour message board. You honestly think grant williams stock is gonna be higher than this year? He will be playing over seas somewhere if i were a betting man

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
So there is more than ZERO talk qbout it. If that gets you through the night yhen so be it. Lol
Nah, I am fine either way.. if he leaves and can make life changing money great for him... I won’t lose any sleep over it, some of our fans are like everyone else fans and get too emotional, overreact, and love their own players.. I don’t see Grant as a top 25 player in the draft, I would think he will go into the evaluation part of the draft get feedback and if he isn’t a first rounder he will be back.
I would imagine, although I am far from a basketball expert that that they would tell him he needs to improve his outside shooting and on ball defense in space.
He has told several that he doesn’t have inention of leaving at this point.
Most of that talk is started by fans

Good pickup for the Vols.

It's great for SEC basketball for other programs to get some elite talent, and the better the conference the better the Cats will be come tournament time. Also pretty confident Rick Barnes didn't go the Will Wade route to land his 5 star so that's always a plus.
Barnes has all but publicly admit he used to “play recruiting games” and refuses to do so anymore.

Reactions: KenDonahue
Tenn fans apparently forgetting that we split the series, but oh well.

How does it feel to know that you'll never be in our crosshairs? You could beat us in the SECT, and aside from missing out on a 1-seed, I really wouldn't care. We're focused on Duke and UNC and Kansas.. Teams that actually pose a threat.

Wake me when you win soothing of significance.

But, but, but...

UT's way (3-star, 4 year guys) is a better system and (according to Vols fans) we wish that UK would get 3-stars who stayed 4 years like them.

So, why is Barnes after 5-star OAD players? That's the UK way and its a flawed system, right?

Tenn fans apparently forgetting that we split the series, but oh well.

How does it feel to know that you'll never be in our crosshairs? You could beat us in the SECT, and aside from missing out on a 1-seed, I really wouldn't care. We're focused on Duke and UNC and Kansas.. Teams that actually pose a threat.

Wake me when you win soothing of significance.

You're only concerned about the blue bloods, but thanks for posting about UT recruiting on this UK basketball board.

Nah, I am fine either way.. if he leaves and can make life changing money great for him... I won’t lose any sleep over it, some of our fans are like everyone else fans and get too emotional, overreact, and love their own players.. I don’t see Grant as a top 25 player in the draft, I would think he will go into the evaluation part of the draft get feedback and if he isn’t a first rounder he will be back.
I would imagine, although I am far from a basketball expert that that they would tell him he needs to improve his outside shooting and on ball defense in space.
He has told several that he doesn’t have inention of leaving at this point.
Most of that talk is started by fans
Dude williams isnt an nba level player. He is essentially a 6”6 pf. But williams stock will never be higher than it is now and i think he will head overseas to pursue a basketball career. Just my opinion. Guess we will see.

Figured he would go to Villanova, but he is no one and done.. More or less, to replace Schofield after he graduates..

Barnes recruiting really well right now. This season should only help him

UT is going to be top 5-7 again next year if Williams/Bone return with James coming in
You must be really excited then

And now Tennessee fans are about to find out Barnes overachieves with lowly ranked players, and underachieves with highly rated players.

He's basically Tubby.

Write these names down fellas.. Tag em and bag em when Tennessee can't get gift-wrapped wins and they go home in the 2nd round.

Look for Williams to retire after this season. Probably risking some kind of long term problems with all the abuse he seems to take game in and game out. I wish him luck in his future endeavors.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT