ADVERTISEMENT

Updated bowl projections for UK football

Anything but west Virginia. God almighty our secondary might just quit if that matchup happens.

Reactions: brianpoe
Not specifically agreeing about a potential opponent yet. But I hope our bowl this year is picked for a good matchup for us, not to avoid a time conflict with a basketball game.
It would be a slap in the face to our program if this happens. If the football team deserves and is invited to a bowl that may conflict with a Friday afternoon basketball game we dang sure better take it. Basketball can wait.

It would be a slap in the face to our program if this happens. If the football team deserves and is invited to a bowl that may conflict with a Friday afternoon basketball game we dang sure better take it. Basketball can wait.
Totally agree either board the t
are we just a basketball school time to put up or shut up

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
Its gonna be Liberty....I dont think anything changes that this coming weekend.....outside chance of Music City Bowl.

Ol Miss, UT, Vandy, and Ark are not going bowling, and fla has to win to go bowling. 8 SEC bowl tie ins plus the "new years day 6" that could end up have 2-3 SEC teams.
  • #1 College Football Playoff. Automatic berth to one of the New Year's Six bowl games
  • #2 The Citrus Bowl versus Big Ten or ACC. In years the Big Ten places a team in the Orange Bowl, the ACC will place its next selection in the Citrus Bowl after the CFB Playoff committee has made its selections for the Big Six Bowls.
Tier #1: Conference, in consultation with bowls and schools, assign teams to the following six bowls:

Tier #2

We should be sitting in 6th or 7th in the pecking order, but had we beating on the score board fla and ol miss, we would be looking at Outback!

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
Think of it from the bowl's perspective. They need to sell as many tickets as possible. Why would a bowl want a team if 24k of its fans have already bought tickets to watch another game on the same day? It doesn't make much sense for them to do that financially.

If we beat the Dirty Birds, I think we will go to the Outback. I believe the owners of the Outback will have the final say as to who they want. Aren't they from Kentucky, and maybe went to UK? Does anyone know? Lose to the Dirty Birds and probably Liberty.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

Ol Miss, UT, Vandy, and Ark are not going bowling, and fla has to win to go bowling. 8 SEC bowl tie ins plus the "new years day 6" that could end up have 2-3 SEC teams.
  • #1 College Football Playoff. Automatic berth to one of the New Year's Six bowl games
  • #2 The Citrus Bowl versus Big Ten or ACC. In years the Big Ten places a team in the Orange Bowl, the ACC will place its next selection in the Citrus Bowl after the CFB Playoff committee has made its selections for the Big Six Bowls.
Tier #1: Conference, in consultation with bowls and schools, assign teams to the following six bowls:

Tier #2

We should be sitting in 6th or 7th in the pecking order, but had we beating on the score board fla and ol miss, we would be looking at Outback!
Good analysis, I respect the work you put into it. However, one minor quibble - UF is 4-6 because their game vs Northern Colorado got cancelled and wasn't rescheduled. So, unless they qualify due to APR/UPR whatever the hell it is, I don't see them going bowling regardless of what they do against the Seminoles.

ADVERTISEMENT