ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Update on four-star DB Myles Pollard.....

JRowland

All-American
Staff
May 29, 2001
www.rivals.com
While college coaches can't host players for visits or travel to high schools and evaluate in person this spring, that hasn't stopped many players from taking their own unofficial visits to see whatever they can of the schools they are considering.

That's exactly what four-star Brentwood (Tenn.) Ravenwood defensive back Myles Pollard did with Kentucky last week.

Although the 6'2, 180-pound four-star corner had already been to Kentucky twice before — for the Florida game two years ago and for a camp — he wanted to get to Lexington again since Steve Clinkscale had been recruiting him so hard.

The timing of the visit was interesting because it was just before his friends Keaten and Destin Wade committed to the 'Cats.

"I liked it a lot," Pollard said of his visit to UK last Wednesday. "I went out and got to see a little bit around the school, just different locations I would be at. I know they've got some players up there from the Nashville area. I couldn't really do too much up there but I did get to see where the dorms are and I got to see some places like that. Overall the campus was real nice and I liked it a lot."

Even though Pollard wasn't able to be hosted by the coaches he said it was the most productive visit to Kentucky yet, at least in terms of how much of the campus he was able to see.

Pollard has said he has a strong relationship with Steve Clinkscale, who has already landed three four-star commitments to date in the 2022 class (Jeremiah Caldwell, Wade brothers). He's also friends with the Wades.

"I've been knowing them since like middle school and we've always been competing against each other since high school. They played in a division lower than ours but now they're in our division so I look forward to playing against them. It might be on ESPN. They've been real good players and friends so it will be fun to play against them," Pollard said.

"Keaten played running back and linebacker and I played with him in middle school. He was really hard to tackle," Pollard continued with a laugh. "We're going to play them this year so I guess we're going to see what it's like to play him now. I think he's going to play linebacker at Kentucky. He's very fast and physical. Destin, I don't know if he's going to play quarterback but he can really do anything. I think he can play tight end."

Michigan is another school that is aggressively targeting Pollard and he has a strong relationship with the Wolverines as well.

"I like them a lot," he said of Jim Harbaugh's program. "Coach Mo Linguist, I've got a real strong relationship with him, probably on the same level as what me and Coach Clink have from Kentucky. Ever since he got the job at Michigan he's been on me super hard. We've just got a real strong relationship and he has a proven track record of developing guys and moving them on to the next level.. He knows the next level, coming in from the Cowboys."

Pollard told Cats Illustrated that he has already planned official visits to Michigan (June 11-13), Oklahoma (June 18-20), and Auburn (June 25-27).

"And then (July) 4-6 I'm either going to Kentucky or Washington. I don't really care which one I visit that weekend because I know I'm going to take officials to both of them, I just haven't worked those dates out yet," he said.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News