ADVERTISEMENT

Up 6 with 3:46 to go

But...it was a freshman mistake.

That's my point.

The OP is acting like we lost because Cal played guys making mistakes too many minutes. But Reed in crunch time made freshman mistakes. He had a turnover late. The whole "clock running down" doesn't excuse it. Know the time on the clock.

I'm not here to criticize Reed. I thought he was very good for us tonight. But he made mistakes like the rest of the guys.
1-18.

Reactions: KFuqua
Shep goes out and we lost.

Who besides me saw it coming?

Thanks Cal.
That was the whole game Mock Draft Cal had to get his boy in
Dilly set almost whole 2nd half
Gives up 2 threes and shoots a wild airball
I didn't watch the game. Just guessing did Calipari have his team start trying to run the clock out when we had the 6 point lead with 3:46 left & it cost us the game like he's done so many other times?

Outscored 20-1 to start at end of the game is why we lost. Absolutely brutal

Same sh*t, different year.

UK fans continue to allow the hype of 5-star recruits on mock lottery boards overshadow the truth, which is Calipari is washed when it comes to coaching. He can land the players, but he cannot coach them effectively anymore.

Unless these next 5-star kids are Wall/Davis types, he will never win another title. At this point, we just have to hope he can find a way to luck into a Final 4 given how awful he is in-game and with 4:00 to play.

I really can’t wait for our bigs to step on the floor and compete, but I just hope it doesn’t slow us down because that is the best way for this team to be at their best!
Shouldn’t slow down the guard play, but I get the concern. Certainly will help not getting bullied in the paint.

That one dude averaged 1 point a game. He went off. I don't think anyone saw that coming. shit happens I guess

We lost because Dillingham came off the bench cold and left his man wide TF open three times which cost us nine points. You can't just leave a guy open like that when he is stroking it from 3. Harris had a career high. Might want to guard him.

The team also got tired. They played hard as hell all game but they don't have their legs under them yet.

Free throw shooting sure as shit didn't help things either. Air balling threes isn't that great either. Edwards doing exactly F all and still playing a whole game wasn't exactly wonderful either.

Reactions: ala_kat2
Literally no one. Because it didn't happen.
hysterical-laughter.gif

I'M a cal hater, hated him the day they hired him and look to stomp on him any chance i get. But Cal did not cost us this game. KU is #1 and very good. Cal cant hit the 3's that were missed down the stretch. He couldn't hit the FTs that were missed. He had them ready to play and play hard. It not Cals fault that KU had a freak 7 footer and we didnt have a healthy big man. THIS one was not CAL.

Up 6 with 3:45 left, you should win that game. That's coaching. Call a timeout, run some sets, slow the kids minds down, whatever. Kansas ran away on an 11-0 run. Again, coaching. Call it whatever you want though.

Reactions: true blue1
If you seriously can't detect the difference in speed of play from the first half vs. 2nd half last night, then that's seriously the only response you deserve. Me laughing my ass off at you.
Show me the analytics from the game (number of possessions, time of possession, etc.) so we can compare halves. Your gut feeling about the pace is irrelevant.

Show me the analytics from the game (number of possessions, time of possession, etc.) so we can compare halves. Your gut feeling about the pace is irrelevant.
I know from watching the game that the pace was slower. If you strongly disagree, then you should feel free to do some leg work to prove me wrong. Otherwise, you're just hiding from the truth. Anybody with half a brain would see that we played much slower and deliberate in the 2nd half last night, and it hurt us.

I'm sure the number of possessions in the 2nd half was less than the number in the first half.

That being said, people keep talking about dictating pace here's the thing it's a lot harder to speed things up than slow them down. The other team has the ball just as much as we do. If they want to hold that ball for 30 seconds unless we are creating turnovers on defense, there's little that can be done about that. We did create some in the first half particularly with Reed in the game. That didn't happen in the second half and thus it made it harder to dictate pace.

On the season our average time on offense is just 15.2 seconds. That IS FAST. That's top 50 in pace. Our defense time of possession? 18.1 seconds.

There's very little that can be done if a team wants to take the air out of the ball. But it's the other team doing it, not us.

I know from watching the game that the pace was slower. If you strongly disagree, then you should feel free to do some leg work to prove me wrong. Otherwise, you're just hiding from the truth. Anybody with half a brain would see that we played much slower and deliberate in the 2nd half last night, and it hurt us.
All I'm asking you to do is prove your point. Probably an analytics site on the Internet that will tell the true story. You whining about how anybody who disagrees with you has "half a brain" is a very weak rhetorical device.

All I'm asking you to do is prove your point. Probably an analytics site on the Internet that will tell the true story. You whining about how anybody who disagrees with you has "half a brain" is a very weak rhetorical device.
Analytics prove that Shep and Dilly were far more efficient and productive than Edwards and DJ. So why did they play half the minutes?

You're hiding behind the obvious. We played slower in the 2nd half. And now you want me to do research to prove it, or else you're magically right? SMDH. You keep sticking your head in the sand.

I think Reeves got tired. I'm overall pleased with the performance considering all the circumstances. We have some very good athletes that happen to be good "basketball" players also. I don't think we get beat when healthy. Two of their players had career games and one of those was because he was by far the biggest player on the court. Having all three seven footers out hurt us bad. He would of had a harder time dominating going against similar sized players.

There is the obvious analytic of scoring 48 in the first half and just 36 in the second half. He's an idiot.
That may or may not have anything to do with pace. Probably doesn't. But keep trying to prove a point based on your "feeling," or more properly, your dislike of our coach.

That may or may not have anything to do with pace. Probably doesn't. But keep trying to prove a point based on your "feeling," or more properly, your dislike of our coach.
Just out of curiosity, what was your last username before your recent change? I think I have it nailed down, but just wondering if you have the balls to tell us. My guess is no.

Just out of curiosity, what was your last username before your recent change? I think I have it nailed down, but just wondering if you have the balls to tell us. My guess is no.
I've had the same username on this board (and the previous iterations of the board) since the early 2000s. I'm on here every day. Just don't post much. Keep trying to deflect, bud.

I've had the same username on this board (and the previous iterations of the board) since the early 2000s. I'm on here every day. Just don't post much. Keep trying to deflect, bud.
It'd be great if you could keep it that way. I wonder what made you decide to start posting since this account was started in 2002. Maybe your other string of accounts were also found to be pot-stirring frauds?

It'd be great if you could keep it that way. I wonder what made you decide to start posting since this account was started in 2002. Maybe your other string of accounts were also found to be pot-stirring frauds?
You detective work is just as shoddy as your understanding of basketball.

You detective work is just as shoddy as your understanding of basketball.
I'm not the one who can't effectively argue the other side of the point. I understand basketball well enough to know that we played at a slower pace in the 2nd half. And you think we didn't. It's as simple as that. You're wrong, and I'm right. You resurrected an old account to stir the pot. It doesn't require much detective work.

I'm not the one who can't effectively argue the other side of the point. I understand basketball well enough to know that we played at a slower pace in the 2nd half. And you think we didn't. It's as simple as that. You're wrong, and I'm right. You resurrected an old account to stir the pot. It doesn't require much detective work.
That is an absolute lie. I've had this account since 2002. All you have to do is click on my profile to see that. It's one other click to see that my posts that are still archived on this board go back to 2015. Keep your day job, which is hope is not in detective work, in basketball, or in developing logical, fact-based arguments. You are awful at all three.

No no, you go ahead and prove YOUR point. All you've done here is move the goalposts. Demanding more evidence and dismissing any proffered. Get lost.

That is an absolute lie. I've had this account since 2002. All you have to do is click on my profile to see that. It's one other click to see that my posts that are still archived on this board go back to 2015. Keep your day job, which is hope is not in detective work, in basketball, or in developing logical, fact-based arguments. You are awful at all three.
I'm not arguing that you've had this account since 2002. I just find it funny that it miraculously came back to life. You have 145 posts in more than 20 years, and most of them are TODAY. LMFAO at you.

I'm not arguing that you've had this account since 2002. I just find it funny that it miraculously came back to life. You have 145 posts in more than 20 years, and most of them are TODAY. LMFAO at you.
Maybe you're spending a little too much time on this board making groundless assertions and then whining and calling names when you get challenged.

Maybe you're spending a little too much time on this board making groundless assertions and then whining and calling names when you get challenged.
Unlike you, I don't have multiple accounts that have laid dormant for 20 years. My single account covers my span on this board. You've been weighed, you've been measured, and you are most certainly a fraud. I'm done with you. Be gone.

No no, you go ahead and prove YOUR point. All you've done here is move the goalposts. Demanding more evidence and dismissing any proffered. Get lost.
Please remind me again of what "evidence" you proffered other than Kentucky scored 36 points in the 2nd half and 48 in the 1st. That is the beginning nugget of an hypothesis, nothing more. It is far from proof of anything. And thanks for the suggestion, but I think I'll stay and keep putting you in your place.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT