ADVERTISEMENT

Unfortunately I have a gut feeling that……

…….the CATS might throw out a clunker today on the road.

Here’s hoping it’s just gas!

GO BIG BLUE! Beat the damn AGGIES!!!

This is good Karma considering you called Calipari every name in the book right up until we won at Florida. Please rant all game long and give up after the first TV timeout again. Bring us luck!

Don't have a good feeling about this one either. A&M has too much on the line to let this one get away. On the flip side IF we get out with a win the rest of the SEC better buckle up, this outfit is for real

We will know TAMU's chances if we are in a higher scoring game. If the Cats get 75+ TAMU has no chance. If it's a low scoring game TAMU has the Cats right where they want them. Just can't let Taylor go for 30 which he is highly capable of doing.

Reactions: dl51344
This is good Karma considering you called Calipari every name in the book right up until we won at Florida. Please rant all game long and give up after the first TV timeout again. Bring us luck!
Calipari deserves a large portion of crap he gets here. that doesn't change the fact that this is a good team playing an exciting brand of basketball.

Last edited:

Could very well lose...and quite frankly, won't be that big of a deal. The top 5/10 has been repeatedly crapping down their legs against unranked teams on the road.

Combine that with the fact that the Cats have one of the youngest teams in the country, wouldn't be that surprising.

Oh, I fully believe that Cal, the terrible in-game coach is still lurking in there, waiting to come out in a rock fight.I just think that Welch has made a huge impact towards fixing many of his flaws. THANK GOODNESS FOR WELCH!

Yeah, those clunkers are going to happen multiple times. I think the better teams can steal a win or two in some (not all) of those situations.

Reactions: Cats192
No it's not.Back problems are like this.
Personally, I’m not even suggesting it’s not a real injury. I’m sure it’s a very real injury as Adou is no Shaedon Sharpe and that dude will play when he can.

It’s just that every single year we lose a guy to an injury (real or otherwise) for a much, much longer time than we initially expect. At this point when we have a guy go out you just have to expect him to miss a month at least no matter what it is.

Adou really would be perfect for these road rock fight games.

Really need Edwards to give us something on both ends of the floor today.

Reactions: dl51344 and STL_Cat
This sucks!
It does, back injuries are nagging and are annoying as hell. He hasn’t practiced this week and with calipari we know that means he is out. I hope this game could be a exception and cal let him go if he were ready, but he ain’t playing today

Personally, I’m not even suggesting it’s not a real injury. I’m sure it’s a very real injury as Adou is no Shaedon Sharpe and that dude will play when he can.

It’s just that every single year we lose a guy to an injury (real or otherwise) for a much, much longer time than we initially expect. At this point when we have a guy go out you just have to expect him to miss a month at least no matter what it is.
That’s exactly what I’m saying too. Just bad luck. I want him back!!!!

Reactions: STL_Cat
That’s bad news for us. I feel like we really needed his physicality and defense and energy today.
Agree. This team needs Thiero to be at its best. Sorry if this comes off as “hating” on Edwards, because I think he’s fine as a freshman backing up at PF. In fact, I would love to see him back at UK for another year or two. I believe he could easily develop into a good SF (e.g., the current Kansas model for developing SFs). But currently I feel like when Edwards plays SF or even ahead of Thiero at any position, then he’s holding this team back a little and maybe costing the team a 4-5 point differential per game.

Reactions: RunninRichie
We haven't had him for the last couple of games and we won, against teams much better than A&M...
Who is much better than A&M (especially as a road game)? Mizzou at Rupp? Not close. Florida? I don’t think so. Illinois State? Lol. That’s a crazy statement. This is the toughest test we’ve had since he went out. Not sure what schedule you’re looking at.

It does, back injuries are nagging and are annoying as hell. He hasn’t practiced this week and with calipari we know that means he is out. I hope this game could be a exception and cal let him go if he were ready, but he ain’t playing today
I wonder if his back is hurt worse than what they’re saying? We know he’s really hurting to not be playing.
I’m thinking with the advancements in medicine his back spasms would be better by now. We do seem to have a shitty medical staff that has real issues treating player injuries.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
Cats by 11: Why everybody scared?
No idea. I've heard all sorts of reasons that we will lose:

A&M is "desperate" - desperate teams don't just become top 10 teams overnight - most times it results in a sloppier game with more turnovers, more fouls, and bad shot selections.

Others in the top 5 also lost - this plays zero into why A&M could beat UK.

Adou isn't playing - he hasn't played for about a month and we've won without him, against much better teams.

A&M's place will be loud and crazy - and playing at UF was like playing at a funeral??

We go cold from three - this would be quite the feat given we have 3 players that can light it up (Reeves, Shep, Dillingham), can shoot from there at a decent clip (Tre), or are starting to improve (DJ). This is possible, but still unlikely given how many weapons we have. The day all of them go cold will be a strange day indeed. I think we had our one anomaly with UNCW and don't expect another today.

Cal will screw this one up because he loves "rock fights" - probably the most legit possibility, but still not that probable as he's shown us that he is good with running Welch's offensive scheme, so far...

This ain’t the type of game for Justin Edwards, I’m afraid. Here’s to him proving me wrong.
I have a very small amout of hope after the last game. He was really trying to assert himself on the offensive end down the stretch and looked like he had some confidence for a change.

With his size/length, you'd like to see him put an emphasis on defense and rebounding and let the offense come to him. I'm sure Cal is preaching that to him.

A lot of his mistakes seem like mental things/confidence issues. I think if he gets in the right head space, he can be a decent bit better than what we've seen. I'm not expecting him to wake up and average 20 points or play his way into the lottery. But he can be more productive and consistent.

Reactions: G-PIP
Who is much better than A&M (especially as a road game)? Mizzou at Rupp? Not close. Florida? I don’t think so. Illinois State? Lol. That’s a crazy statement. This is the toughest test we’ve had since he went out. Not sure what schedule you’re looking at.
Florida at home would be a tougher game than today. This is of course my opinion.

Reactions: Emarc

And it didn’t used to happen routinely. Fact.

Cats need to get up and down and dictate the pace. We want a high scoring game. A&M will ugly it up and try to turn this into a slow rock fight. Definitely need our offense to show up today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT