ADVERTISEMENT

Unfortunately I have a gut feeling that……

I don't get the comments about people being "scared." It's a basketball game. No one experiences fear.

I think if you're looking at this objectively, there's a real chance Kentucky loses. SEC road games are difficult. Texas A&M is a pretty good team that so far hasn't lived up to expectations.

Being desperate doesn't make them a top 10 team. But they are going to be extra fired up and dialed in. They're going to give max effort.

It's also Kentucky comes to town day. We're really good again. They're absolutely going to be fired up to face a top 10 Kentucky team.

I think in the end, Kentucky finds a way. This team has too many dudes. Cal teams from the last 3 years would have melted after the 1st half Florida had. These guys hung tough and found a way late. I think we can do that again today.

But, those of you acting like it's ridiculous that we COULD lose are...quite frankly ridiculous.

I feel the opposite: I am extremely confident in the cats today. They laid a clunker against Missouri in my opinion and still won and all the top teams losing is a perfect way for Cal to get their attention. DJ is gonna have a huge game and we get a 8-10 point lead early and try to hang on the rest of the game.

Reactions: MidseasonTweak
Cats need to get up and down and dictate the pace. We want a high scoring game. A&M will ugly it up and try to turn this into a slow rock fight. Definitely need our offense to show up today.
This game will be a lot like playing against UT - physical, slapping, fouling knowing the refs can't call them all. Just all the way around trying to slow our game to a UVA crawl.

We need to drive the lane more in this game and draw fouls because A&M will be hacking and swatting until the cows come home. And I think kick out opportunities will be plentiful as desperate teams that play hack 'em defense like A&M will want to collapse on the lane driver every time - rarely staying home on their player.

Reactions: CB3UK
This game will be a lot like playing against UT - physical, slapping, fouling knowing the refs can't call them all. Just all the way around trying to slow our game to a UVA crawl.

We need to drive the lane more in this game and draw fouls because A&M will be hacking and swatting until the cows come home. And I think kick out opportunities will be plentiful as desperate teams that play hack 'em defense like A&M will want to collapse on the lane driver every time - rarely staying home on their player.
I like it!

I disagree but am cool with agreeing to disagree. I just really take exception with the “teams much better” statement. A&M is #34 on KenPom, Florida #45. I know that’s not an exact science, but it’s the numbers.
Those numbers are nice and high, but we all know they are partly based on just playing good teams but not winning them. I think there is too much weight put on SOS for teams that don't win against those tough schedules. Just saying they played a tough schedule doesn't suddenly make them one of the top 50 teams in the country. Have to win those games.

Last edited:
No way we can lose to a last place A&M team
Technically speaking, they are third from last in the entire SEC.

Yet somehow they are a threat because KenPom says they are #34 with a 9-6 record.

And the bettors have the Over at 154.5, so if this is a close game, they are essentially saying A&M will somehow score 75+ pts. Do they believe A&M is going to try and run with us, and will be successful? Most believe A&M will try to muck up the game and slow things down.

Scoring 79 points against the likes of Houston Christian and Prairie View doesn't mean these guys can score. Our defense isn't fantastic, but I think it'll be good enough to keep A&M in the 60s.

Reactions: Cats192
I don't get the comments about people being "scared." It's a basketball game. No one experiences fear.

I think if you're looking at this objectively, there's a real chance Kentucky loses. SEC road games are difficult. Texas A&M is a pretty good team that so far hasn't lived up to expectations.

Being desperate doesn't make them a top 10 team. But they are going to be extra fired up and dialed in. They're going to give max effort.

It's also Kentucky comes to town day. We're really good again. They're absolutely going to be fired up to face a top 10 Kentucky team.

I think in the end, Kentucky finds a way. This team has too many dudes. Cal teams from the last 3 years would have melted after the 1st half Florida had. These guys hung tough and found a way late. I think we can do that again today.

But, those of you acting like it's ridiculous that we COULD lose are...quite frankly ridiculous.
Ding ding . It’s college basketball . We all know how tough road games are especially when a big name comes to town .

I don’t think anyone is saying it’s impossible for us to win but more of it wouldn’t be shocking if we didn’t win.

Reactions: dl51344 and Cats192
Personally, I’m not even suggesting it’s not a real injury. I’m sure it’s a very real injury as Adou is no Shaedon Sharpe and that dude will play when he can.

It’s just that every single year we lose a guy to an injury (real or otherwise) for a much, much longer time than we initially expect. At this point when we have a guy go out you just have to expect him to miss a month at least no matter what it is.

He was wearing the back brace in the games leading up to his last. Then he hit the floor hard against UL I think. That probably did it for a while.

Tam got beat by 9-5 Lsu at home by 15. Shot 26% and 12% from 3. Got out rebounded.

I know anything can happen, but they no juggernaut. What am I missing?

Tam got beat by 9-5 Lsu at home by 15. Shot 26% and 12% from 3. Got out rebounded.

I know anything can happen, but they no juggernaut. What am I missing?
Teams play up for UK, and Cal loves a good rock fight.

The way to fix that is to play high tempo. Will we? We shall see.

Reactions: Big Blue in 502
Calipari deserves every bit of crap he gets here. that doesn't change the fact that this is a good team playing an exciting brand of basketball.
Doc

Most of the time I agree with you , but this time sorry brother I just don’t . Yea Cal deserves some heat sometimes, but there are those who come on here to do nothing but hate on Cal and even some of
The players. You know who I am talking about too.

Reactions: BBUK
We are shooting 28% from 3 in the sec. We haven't had trouble scoring at 88.5 points a game. Idk why people think we are gonna keep shooting that poorly and how a and m is gonna hold UK down.

Reactions: CatOfDaVille
Personally, I’m not even suggesting it’s not a real injury. I’m sure it’s a very real injury as Adou is no Shaedon Sharpe and that dude will play when he can.

It’s just that every single year we lose a guy to an injury (real or otherwise) for a much, much longer time than we initially expect. At this point when we have a guy go out you just have to expect him to miss a month at least no matter what it is.

Yes, just like every other college team in the country. These weird conspiracy theories about injuries at UK are so dumb. Every team faces the exact same thing UK does

Aggies are kinda desperate....could be a fight today
That's why I'm leary. A/M have their backs to the wall. They were a popular choice to win the league pre-season, so they obviously have talent. I suspect, per usual, they manage to cobble their best game of the season against us today. I'd feel much better if I knew we had our most physical player available.

Had a good feeling about today until I saw TAM is a 3.5 favorite. Kinda screams trap game. Public perception on both teams should scream to take UK +3.5, which probably means Vegas knows something we don’t. Now I think TAM wins by 5+

Calipari deserves every bit of crap he gets here. that doesn't change the fact that this is a good team playing an exciting brand of basketball.
He absolutely does not.

But it’s the same few haters posting the same thing over and over.

…….the CATS might throw out a clunker today on the road.

Here’s hoping it’s just gas!

GO BIG BLUE! Beat the damn AGGIES!!!

Not that it matters what I think but you sure went down in my estimation.... No need to EVER go there... If it happens, it happens. No need to EVER dwell in the place many on this site seems to WANT to go or be at. Just not healthy.

No one can call this type behavior reality as it has not happened yet. It is just a defeatist attitude and that spreads to important life decisions. Plus, it is plain stupidity....

Reactions: CatOfDaVille
Had a good feeling about today until I saw TAM is a 3.5 favorite. Kinda screams trap game. Public perception on both teams should scream to take UK +3.5, which probably means Vegas knows something we don’t. Now I think TAM wins by 5+

The betting must be down. All that produces is angry betting in droves...

Who is much better than A&M (especially as a road game)? Mizzou at Rupp? Not close. Florida? I don’t think so. Illinois State? Lol. That’s a crazy statement. This is the toughest test we’ve had since he went out. Not sure what schedule you’re looking at.
Agree.

I love this matchup, as it kinda feels like we're playing with house money? I don't think a loss kills us in terms of rankings etc, but a win puts us in the 1-seed conversation. The risk/reward seems to be in our favor today, so let's just go out and win the damn thing!

Not that it matters what I think but you sure went down in my estimation.... No need to EVER go there... If it happens, it happens. No need to EVER dwell in the place many on this site seems to WANT to go or be at. Just not healthy.

No one can call this type behavior reality as it has not happened yet. It is just a defeatist attitude and that spreads to important life decisions. Plus, it is plain stupidity....
You see what Cal has done to me?!?!?

I used to be an unfailing optimist!
I’ll try to contain my sadness. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: BBUK
I don't think they can score enough to beat us.

If UK loses today its gonna take a major choke job on offense.

UKs scored less than 80 one time and that was 73 without Wagner abd Bradshaw and ugonna playing.

A and m is scoring in the 50s n sec play. UK is averaging 88.5, even shooting 28% from 3.

this is a game, while not specific to the opponent, will show if this team is serious about making their mark.

They are a better team, even on the road , against A&M. Its been a week where a win will prove they should be considered top 3 in college basketball.

In the past 5 years or so, Cals team would have folded at this opportunity - or more to the point, never developed enough consistency to get here. So beating A&M today is a hurdle they need to overcome to prove they are truly a title contender.

this is a game, while not specific to the opponent, will show if this team is serious about making their mark.

They are a better team, even on the road , against A&M. Its been a week where a win will prove they should be considered top 3 in college basketball.

In the past 5 years or so, Cals team would have folded at this opportunity - or more to the point, never developed enough consistency to get here. So beating A&M today is a hurdle they need to overcome to prove they are truly a title contender.
Totally agree, although a certain Cal oralist will arrive shortly to say it never happened!
😂

With all the losses in the top 5 this week we are sitting in really good position if we just take care of business today. But it's seems like I've seen the 2 steps forward & 1 step back Calipari tango for several seasons now. I could see us being at a physically disadvantage if it comes down to a rock fight. But if we shoot well, their physicality won't matter much as we might just have too much firepower for them. Go Cats!

Since most of the bettors agree with the op his concerns are justified, imo. The Aggies are more talented than their record indicated and they play aggressive defense, are desparate for a win and will have a wild crowd behind them.

A win here by UK will show the team has a lot of grit and we will all know the oddsmakers and the general public have been underestimating our team. We'll know more about our team's potential after today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT