ADVERTISEMENT

Uncontested 3s

Of their 16 3s, 12 were uncontested and 8 went in

Uncontested 3s will be our downfall in the NCAA
Yeah, even barely decent shooters in college are going to knock down the wide-open-all-day uncontested 3s. We seem to give up a lot of those. I do believe that the adrenaline pumping when these SEC teams play UK is a factor in how well they often shoot, but the uncontested 3s is the killer.

Reactions: chroix
We will lose the first game if they play like this, you know teams will shoot well playing UK
I wouldn't be shocked if UK lost the first NCAA Tournament game, but I think they most likely get to the Sweet 16. Anything beyond that and I would be a surprised. They just give up way too many easy baskets (especially from the 3 pt. line) and have to score at such a high clip to win games that I don't think it's realistic to think they can keep that up for 3 or more straight games against the ever-escalating competition they'll face. The further you go in the Tournament the tougher the teams (mentally and physically) you're likely to face.

Reactions: ACTSEAN
Yeah, even barely decent shooters in college are going to knock down the wide-open-all-day uncontested 3s. We seem to give up a lot of those. I do believe that the adrenaline pumping when these SEC teams play UK is a factor in how well they often shoot, but the uncontested 3s is the killer.
Anyone who has ever played basketball can hit 50% on unguarded threes.

Reactions: cmallory and G-PIP
Of their 16 3s, 12 were uncontested and 8 went in

Uncontested 3s will be our downfall in the NCAA
It’s real easy against our man to man defense., one break down dribble and one ball rotation and they can get any look they want. Just to easy to move pieces around against man to man defense

3-2 Match up zone makes that much harder to do.

But Cal will ride this bad man to man all the way to an early exit again. Good guards break us down so easy

Cal asked Tom right off the bat what our biggest weakness was

Tom said defense (which is correct)

Cal moving the goal posts again, says no physicality.

Defense killed this team. Especially guarding the 3.

Reactions: dl51344
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT