ADVERTISEMENT

UNC-Wilmington is the type of team we see in March.

UKAlum84

Freshman
Aug 4, 2022
Watching the game, I felt like this was a ncaa opening round game.

It hurts to lose this type of game.

My thought is to be careful with shot selection, develop an offense that does not rush the game flow.

It was obvious the type of shots our guys were taking, it reminded me of a year when our team would just force shots, and in essence make a turnover.

Thats how I see it, if you cant rebound a missed shot, might as well call it a turnover because its going to the opponent.

• Haha
Reactions: Mike-D and NociHTTP
There isn't enough clock for some of our guys to get good shots because they can't shoot. If guys can shoot it doesn't take more than 15 seconds to get a good shot.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Yeah the NIT is gonna be exciting this year
Maybe then he'd let his dogs run.

Puppy Pet GIF

I disagree, the gameplan of the teams we play in NCAA will simuliar but the teams themselves will be MUCH,MUCH better. UNCW coach obviously watched tape on us and asked himself What will work agianst these guys. He devised a gameplan and his team executed it to perfection. We on the other hand made no real adjustments to what obviously wasnt working for us. I got the feeling the players and our coach just figured we will keep doing what we are doing and eventually our talent will eck it out,like we did against a bad St Joes team. If we dont start playing some defense we will not make the Sweet 16.

Reactions: UKAlum84
Watching the game, I felt like this was a ncaa opening round game.

It hurts to lose this type of game.

My thought is to be careful with shot selection, develop an offense that does not rush the game flow.

It was obvious the type of shots our guys were taking, it reminded me of a year when our team would just force shots, and in essence make a turnover.

Thats how I see it, if you cant rebound a missed shot, might as well call it a turnover because its going to the opponent.

Dude, they didn't even make the tournament. They lost their last game by 30 to another mid-major. That would have been the conference tournament championship game.

I disagree, the gameplan of the teams we play in NCAA will simuliar but the teams themselves will be MUCH,MUCH better. UNCW coach obviously watched tape on us and asked himself What will work agianst these guys. He devised a gameplan and his team executed it to perfection. We on the other hand made no real adjustments to what obviously wasnt working for us. I got the feeling the players and our coach just figured we will keep doing what we are doing and eventually our talent will eck it out,like we did against a bad St Joes team. If we dont start playing some defense we will not make the Sweet 16.
Miami definitely gave everyone else the blueprint of how not to play UK.
If we get stops, we win the game even if though the offensive flow was off.
Also out rebounded by a smaller team.
I remember Dykes saying the Meeks team was the best in the SEC the night Jodie went for 50.
Teams adjusted and we didn't even make the tourney.
The rest of the season won't be as easy as the Miami game.
This team has to improve on things it doesn't do well as in rebounding, defense and some semblance of being able to score inside.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT