ADVERTISEMENT

UL’s Payne announcing staff hires

Just can't imagine living every day assuming the worst case scenario. What a waste.

There’s a lot of that around here. It’s almost like some of these people wake up and piss in their own cereal just to have something to be mad about.

If my entertainment options made me that miserable to the point I automatically assumed worst case scenario in every situation, I’d find a new entertainment option.

Reactions: Dubya C Dubya
This is why KP was always going to be a solid hire right off the bat. Them getting Wagner isn't a given, but if it happened, it would remind me of us immediately getting Wall and becoming a school that is once again talked about in a positive manner. Sure, he'd just be there for a year, but Louisville has been the island of misfit toys for years. Them "taking" a one and done guy away from UK and getting the top player in the class when our coaching staff keeps missing on these sure fire players would send a message. Perception is key right now.
And they have more probation coming

• Haha
Reactions: EKYCard643
I came to the border today to get away from all the crap I am dealing with from the storm. I took a direct hit and have several thousand dollars in damage to deal with. So I took a break and came to Rafters to catch up.
To say I am not having a good few days is an understatement. So forgive me for being a prick, racists, non political correct guy right now.
But from reading all these posts about who Kenny Payne is going to hire and has one more assistant to hire and it might be Wagner. This hit me differently than others. Why?
Because I am tired of all the talking heads on the news constantly talking about this being racists and that being racists. If what they say is correct and they walk the walk after talking the talk, then Kenny has no choice but to hire a white assistant. That means no Wagner.
End of story. We get DJ.

• Haha
Reactions: westerncat
I don't know...
Travis seems to have a good track record with this sort of thing, so I'm kind of starting to think it's inevitable now.
Losing a #1 kid who was thought for the longest time to be a "lock" to your most heated rival would be a massive gut punch.
We never get the kids who are locks.

And they have more probation coming
Probably just a one year ban and they weren't making the tourney next season anyway. I thought they'd get a two year ban but the NCAA seems to wanna just forget the FBI stuff even happened and move forward. Speaking of perception, if Louisville does get a ban, while I'd laugh, the perception would now be that the NCAA is the bad guy; that Louisville's had two coaches and several seasons since they got in trouble. They deserve punishment, but it should've been handed down a year afterward, not fall of 2022.

Reactions: Lamar Card
Probably just a one year ban and they weren't making the tourney next season anyway. I thought they'd get a two year ban but the NCAA seems to wanna just forget the FBI stuff even happened and move forward. Speaking of perception, if Louisville does get a ban, while I'd laugh, the perception would now be that the NCAA is the bad guy; that Louisville's had two coaches and several seasons since they got in trouble. They deserve punishment, but it should've been handed down a year afterward, not fall of 2022.
They broke rules while on probation. That’s much worse.

Manning is a good hire. I doubt he stays long though. Can't believe he wouldn't want another shot as a H/C somewhere. He's had some moderate success. Might even step up to assistant for some NBA squad.

To think that DJ is more swayed by his grandfather instead of his Dad who is eternally thankful for what Cal did for him is reaching quite a bit. Cal and Payne are best friends so I am pretty sure he will keep his hands off Wagner. That would be like asking your best friend's crush to the prom
This is big business, they will sleep with your wife and ask forgiveness later, if at all.

What has worked out for Cal lately?
I take it you’re a glass half empty guy? You wake up every day wondering what’s going to go wrong. What a sorry way to live.

To answer your question, just sit tight for 30 days, and you’ll see what Cal has done.

• Haha
Reactions: cornbreadnmilk
If it is Milt,does it matter?
It may in the short term and probably would help with DJ going there but with probation looming for UL and the probability of him being a 1 year player,to me it doesnt matter.
Yes,I'd like to get DJ but I'm not gonna cry over it if he doesnt come to UK.Louisville is going to take a few seasons to get fixed,Kenny Payne is a good hire for them but probation is coming.
Good post!! The Cards got KP and he put together a nice staff so far. NSmith, D.Manning and they can even throw in Danny’s Miracles or Milt, Tilt, Wilt or whoever else they want even if that means that DJ goes to UL!! I don’t want anybody that rather be somewhere else. All Cal can do is try to offer DJ and Cal has recruited him and took his whole staff to see him play so he done gave Milt a job once at Memphis but that don’t mean he should Do it here at UK and just to get a player for 7 months max. Also just like Cal took Oscar from Huggins is what KP should do if he wants DJ and Cal would do the same thing to anyone so can’t be mad at nobody involved in this one. They just doing their jobs. Now Cal and the way he has handled a lot of other shit I get it 💯 why fans have the right to be frustrated.

this board overrates Payne and now are overrating everything they’re doing. Manning wasn’t a great head coach he’s overrated. Don’t confuse him the the football Mannings. I’ve always thought his name recognition doesn’t match his abilities at all.

It’s a staff of a head coach who really didn’t do a lot of recruiting for UK officially, has never been a head coach, and Danny Manning.

Oh my, so scary.

Reactions: cats#1again
To think that DJ is more swayed by his grandfather instead of his Dad who is eternally thankful for what Cal did for him is reaching quite a bit. Cal and Payne are best friends so I am pretty sure he will keep his hands off Wagner. That would be like asking your best friend's crush to the prom
I respectfully disagree with this. I think Payne will recruit DJ but I still think we will get him if Milt isn’t hired by Louisville. I couldn’t imagine a coach not recruiting a top ranked player over a friendship with another coach. Nolan smith recently attended one of his games, so that’s a sign that they will attempt to recruit him. If they don’t hire Milt, I think we will see him play for our program.

this board overrates Payne and now are overrating everything they’re doing. Manning wasn’t a great head coach he’s overrated. Don’t confuse him the the football Mannings. I’ve always thought his name recognition doesn’t match his abilities at all.

It’s a staff of a head coach who really didn’t do a lot of recruiting for UK officially, has never been a head coach, and Danny Manning.

Oh my, so scary.
Look at us since KP left. He has value.

I didn’t say he didn’t. But this board overrated him badly. And I never thought he looked good taking over for Calipari during games either.
I dunno, coming back from behind on the road and winning....looked pretty good to me.

I'm sure he'll do well but define well

better than Mack? Yes

have UL at the top of the ACC? He'd have to be one helluva coach to pull that off.

and if he can't compete at the top of the ACC, then I don't see that translating in the tourney.

just my .02

Reactions: westerncat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT