ADVERTISEMENT

UK vs WSU?

Church must be way down the chart for playing 3rd. Looks like the Lopez errors earned him some DH time.

It's just so wonky. Pitre and Hererra hitting 4/5 is wild.
I will never understand the Pitre hitting clean up decision. I guess since we have 0 proven power hitters yet??? But LY we had some guys who could barrel.

I will never understand the Pitre hitting clean up decision. I guess since we have 0 proven power hitters yet??? But LY we had some guys who could barrel.

My only guess is that they think he is a pretty clutch hitter and that he will get RBIs. Still, I don't know why you wouldn't have him a bit higher in the lineup to have him get more at bats and he could be a bit more dangerous behind the 1 hole hitter as opposed to behind a slower (albeit not slow) hitter like Burkes.

Reactions: Basil Cat
Cats leading this one after 1. Burkes got an HBP and he scores off of a Pitre double that rolled to the wall. Pitre tried to stretch that into a two out triple but they got him at third.

Smith still struggling a touch with the control. Got two quick outs and then walked a hitter, with ball four coming off a pitch clock violation, and then hit another.

Smith gets out of it on a long fly ball to left that McCarthy runs down.

Early in the year again but our defense at times is poor.

I think Daly will be better defensively at third base, but Nicholson seems to be a drop off from Gilliam and Burkes continues to have his limitations defensively. Outfield seems like it will be pretty solid though.

Herrera got to second off a McCarthy grounder up the middle, but Critt struck out and we have played 2 full with UK still leading 1-0.

UK seems to be playing with fire, but they haven't been burnt yet. Leave another Cougar stranded at third as we go to the bottom of the third with UK still up 1-0.

Two run triple for the Cougars who finally break through to take a 2-1 lead in the top of the 4th.

• Angry
Reactions: Basil Cat
UK gets a run to make it 4-3. They get it as Critt dropped a bunt back to the pitcher. Pitcher threw to third to get lead runner but no one was covering and Daly scored. Ball hit umpire to keep it close to the infield. Then Smith popped out on a bunt attempt and Lopez grounded into 5-3 double play

Nicholson strikes out and gets thrown out of the game for yelling at the umpire.

Bad loss to what on paper is supposed to be a really bad team.

Don't know that they're a bad team necessarily. Just wouldn't consider them a really good one. But there are some concerns right now. Lack of hits today. Starting pitching is a bit shaky. Defense. A lot to worry about there that needs to be fixed if it can. This game doesn't worry me as much as those trends.

Don't know that they're a bad team necessarily. Just wouldn't consider them a really good one. But there are some concerns right now. Lack of hits today. Starting pitching is a bit shaky. Defense. A lot to worry about there that needs to be fixed if it can. This game doesn't worry me as much as those trends.

I never would have thought the defense would be this bad. I know it’s early but sheesh.

I never would have thought the defense would be this bad. I know it’s early but sheesh.

I think it'll get cleaned up some. Some have been on pitchers and Burkes just is what he is at this point. Daly should be a better option at third and I think outfield is still fairly sound.

Picked to finish last in your conference is close to bad on paper as you can get. Now they may turn out fine. That’s why I said on paper. We need every victory we can get. We have some incredibly difficult conference series that will drain our record / RPI. Now if we come out of the weekend 2 and 1 you take it and run.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT