ADVERTISEMENT

Ouch. Arizona loses on its home floor to Washington State

The most aggravating thing about the bad losses: there are 3 clear #1 seeds. It would have been so easy for us to take the last 1 seed.

Don’t lose at home to UNCW.
Don’t give up an open 3 to let Florida tie
Don’t give up a 15 point lead @ LSU

A 5 loss Kentucky team is a 1 or 2 seed.

The most aggravating thing about the bad losses: there are 3 clear #1 seeds. It would have been so easy for us to take the last 1 seed.

Hey, Cow's still trying to figure out how to give his favorites minutes and hide them at the same time.

This! This is the most frustrating thing about the whole season right here! 🤦‍♂️

They should’ve won those games but sadly that still wouldn’t have made them a 1 or probably even 2 seed. If those three things change we’d still only have 3 Q1 wins(UF is 30 now so them losing to us would’ve presumably dropped them ever so slightly into Q2) and still be sub 15 or so in KenPom that heavily weights to the NET.

The lack of Q1 games on the schedule and not taking full advantage of those that we did play is what is killing us and will continue to limit the ceiling of our seed.

For reference Duke has 5 losses, a much better Q1 record, and is a consensus 3 seed at the moment.

Far everyone. Hire junior high coaches from the ranks of athletic gripe boards.

Is Tommy Lloyd still the flavor of the month around here after this?
WSU is a top 20 team.

AZ is #4 in Kenpom and top 15 in Offense and Defense

Nobody here thinks you have to win every game. Dropping one game to a top 20 team is different than 4 years of below average performance and a yearly UNCW, Evansville, etc mid major loss at home.

Yes — Tommy Loyd is one of the hottest up and coming names nationally. If you want to go w a young hire that has shown an ability to recruit at the highest level domestically and internationally, that runs a modern offense based on spacing and ball movement….then he’s a top 3 realistic candidate and should be on everyone’s list

I keep seeing the "LOL you guys want Tommy Lloyd" and "LOL maybe they shire fire Lloyd."

1. This is Kentucky. Our expectations should be higher than Arizona's.

2. Fans don't want Cal fired because he lost to LSU. They want him fired because the last 4 years have been an abject failure. I can tolerate the LSU loss if we had any modicum of success the last 4 years.

3. Lloyd has been better than Calipari in his 3 years at Arizona.

They won’t drop in the polls even though that Oregon st loss was brutal as well but wsu is legit. And now on game day is proclaiming UConn the bluest of the blue bloods……a place where we used to call home.

So, you’re saying Tommy won’t be the coach at UK next season? ;)
A lot of people have said very confidently Scott Drew is the next HC at UK. I've heard it so many times and with so much confidence, I think it's a done deal.

Drew has been my 1st choice. Lloyd is my 2nd. Lloyd has been at Arizona 3 seasons. They have been a 1 seed and a 2 seed. They're on pace to be a 1 or 2 seed again this year. Now, sure, you'd like to see more tourney success before hiring Lloyd. But I also think most coaches are going to do better at a blue blood program than a non-blue blood. I think a guy that consistently takes Arizona to a 1 or 2 seed can do big things at Kentucky.

Cal's Flavor of the decade - Ass Munch Crunch Slow Churned

2512-Kids_Making_Ice_Cream.jpg

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
A lot of people have said very confidently Scott Drew is the next HC at UK. I've heard it so many times and with so much confidence, I think it's a done deal.

Drew has been my 1st choice. Lloyd is my 2nd. Lloyd has been at Arizona 3 seasons. They have been a 1 seed and a 2 seed. They're on pace to be a 1 or 2 seed again this year. Now, sure, you'd like to see more tourney success before hiring Lloyd. But I also think most coaches are going to do better at a blue blood program than a non-blue blood. I think a guy that consistently takes Arizona to a 1 or 2 seed can do big things at Kentucky.
Yeah, I agree with all of that.

However, Cal will be coaching at UK next year anyway. And the next two years, IMHO, before a buyout can even be attempted.

A lot will change between now and that time.

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT