ADVERTISEMENT

UK vs Vanderbilt Game Thread

When it’s Wallace and CJ, CJ is the one making most of the entry passes, etc., which is prob a good thing. Wallace’s best days as PG are down the road, he’s def more of a 2 right now.
Toppin makes those passes as well. Much easier on Wallace as a lead guard.

UK wins easily despite another random dude playing like Steph. Kentucky must be running one of those "Star for a Day" programs.
Sort of like Make A Wish. Joe Blow - "My wish is to hit a bunch of 3's against Kentucky when I haven't hit many all year." Your wish is granted.

Season - 7 of 22 for 31.8%
Kentucky - 4 of 5 for 80%

They have 27 points at the half .. leading scorer for Vandy has 7 —how badly can he be getting abused ? I’m not watching , just curious
He gave up blow by layups to his man 3 of first4 trips down the floor. Cal switched him to the other guard and he blew by him and scored soon after. Kid can't guard quick guards, will be a problem against KU

Reactions: ManitouDan
No they don't. Most coaches will keep running their offense and try to blow you out.

Cal is one of the few old school coaches who still grind their offense to a halt in the last 4 minutes with a lead.
Not true, go watch more games. Why would you hurry your offense and take stupid quick shots to give your opponents more offensive opportunities?? Idiotic.

Not true, go watch more games. Why would you hurry your offense and take stupid quick shots to give your opponents more offensive opportunities?? Idiotic.
I watch multiple games and different teams from different conferences play almost every night, from coast to coast, so I see plenty of coaches approaches to finishing off games. Your best coaches keep attacking, period, unless you are under 2 minutes, and have a very comfortable lead where you know they can't catch you before time runs out.

Who said anything about "hurrying your offense and taking stupid quick shots"?
Running the offense that got you a lead has nothing to do with what you just posted. Most coaches will try to build a big enough lead to actually get their bench players some real game experience.

There is a reason we never have anyone who can come in off the bench and look like they have ever played in a real game. It's because they haven't.

Playing to not lose at the end of the game is a chicken crap move by a coach in my book. But that's just me.

Reactions: KyCatFan
ADVERTISEMENT