ADVERTISEMENT

UK vs Indiana Tues.

Batting a sizzling .214 but still in a very good position to win a game against the 2nd place team in the Big Ten.

Batting a sizzling .214 but still in a very good position to win a game against the 2nd place team in the Big Ten.

At this level just getting base runners on and putting on pressure is huge. Pressure turns up when you hit. UK has largely kept Indiana off the bases, especially with free passes.

He bunted through two of them. Not a good idea to make him do it again.

Edit: if he fouls one or both off and just doesn't get them done because they go foul then I can see trying again, but not just bunting through two.

Edit 2: Its also silly given that he had hit a double down the line his last time up. That was against a righty. This was against a righty. The first two at bats against lefties. He had a good matchup for him.

Micromanagement

Reactions: Comebakatz3
Good win for the Cats. Cats benefited from some Indiana errors and played more aggressive tonight. I have been justifiably critical of our pitching staff this year ... but it was a better showing tonight. 15 strikeouts. Perhaps there has been a little late season improvement by our pitching staff.

Micromanagement

I mean, I get that they want to move Reed into scoring position and get another insurance run. However, I'd take my chances with Cam hitting rather than giving him up and relying on ARod and then a 2 out hit. Cam isn't likely to hit into a double play and is more likely to get you a double than a DP.

I posted very early in this thread that IU was 3-6 in Quad 1 games, and Michigan is 2-5 in such games. We play in a very difficult league, that being said, we should have more wins than what we do.
If we had played all year like we did against IU, we would have won more games. No errors, only one really egregious base running faux pas, at least one great play in the outfield, turning double plays when they are possible. We still didn't hit which is a problem for the weekend.

Wow!!! UK scores 2 on a wild pitch that the catcher couldn't find. It was very easy to see. Not sure how he couldn't find it. 2-0 UK
Watching it live, he seemed to me to be arguing something with the umpire. Like maybe he thought it was a foul tip? I know his coach let him have it when the inning was over.

Sorry CB3...this kid has shown nothing all year. Giving the game away. This isn't a good replacement either.
Braxton has improved as the season has gone along. Just over a 2 ERA in 7 SEC appearances and coming off 2 shutout innings against Arkansas. Just trying to give some credit where it's due. Still walks too many batters. But I see a good future for him as he gets stronger and develops a better command.

Reactions: Comebakatz3
Watching it live, he seemed to me to be arguing something with the umpire. Like maybe he thought it was a foul tip? I know his coach let him have it when the inning was over.

Well, the ball actually hit off of the batter's foot and that is why the catcher didn't get it. I think the hitter was offering at it, but I believe if it hits him it would still make it a dead ball strike instead of a live ball strike. So, I think that is what upset the catcher. Of course, he should have played the ball and avoided more damage and then asked for a review. We got a major break there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT