ADVERTISEMENT

UK Up To #9 In Pomeroy

Good numbers! Having the best rebounder and assist man in country is good to have lol, just imagine if we could shoot the three better. Baylor top 5 in adjusted O and D, stout!

Here's an intriguing fact: Only three teams, Gonzaga, Houston and Baylor, have both a better O and D number than Kentucky.

Given that Defense generally means more in the NCAA tournament overall, maybe not in one game but through the whole grind, would you rather be #1 in offense and 59 in defense, or #10 in offense and #20 in defense? How about #3 in offense and #32 in defense or #10 in offense and #20 in defense?

Those are the Purdue (1-59) and Kansas (3-32) profiles versus Kentucky.

Of course, all those numbers will change. I fully expect Kentucky, like all Calipari teams, to improve on the D end, if not on both ends.

Oddly enough it’s the offensive efficiency that I’m more worried about. Our half court offense doesn’t seem great to me. Playing an uptempo game and Oscar’s offensive rebounding mask the half court woes imo. But overall those rankings make sense. They’ll continue to go up if we become less dependent on runs and play more consistently throughout the games.

Reactions: Montana81
Here's the thing: You can talk about stats this early into the season, but very few of those highly ranked teams pass the eye test. This team does. By the time March rolls around, I would be terrified to play this UK team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT