ADVERTISEMENT

UK Recruiting is BACK

Does anyone have a legit informed opinion on the Wagner situation? Is the NIL deal with that Nike-affiliated company signed? I've heard he came out and said nothing has been signed yet. Is that likely to just be so it can be up in the air until he announces? If it is signed, is there any way he could go to UL given the Adidas thing? Most are acting like it's a done deal now, and I want to believe that, but it would be nice if he would make it official soon. Any word on the date he announces?

Following up on my last post, I was listening to the Field of 68 podcast and they were discussing Wagner. I was surprised that they were not as high on him as others I've heard. They were concerned about his shooting. One of them said he's seen him play 4 times and he was 2-29 from 3. Yikes. They also said he wasn't a big setup guy for others either, but the one time I saw him in a game, he got quite a few assists. Those guys seem pretty unbiased and sound like they know what they are talking about though.

We’ve yet to see him change defenses. And yet to see him stop making huge mistakes towards the end of games: Forgetting a player exists, forgetting to call a time out, taking the air out of the ball, never calling up plays to defend against in-bound plays m.
Taking the air out of the ball absolutely drives me nuts. It’s gotten us beat countless times. You’d think he would’ve learned by now.

People on here aren’t gonna like this, but ZFG. I was watching a documentary on the 1996 title team the other day. Pitino told our guys to keep their eyes on the basket the last 10 or so minutes of the game against UMass in the F4.

What he meant by that was for them to stay aggressive and not try to run out the clock. He said that’s the reason we won. Said he’s watched so many teams get beat by taking the air out of the ball.

That’s why we consistently used to pulverize teams with Pitino. You have to play to win instead of not to lose. That’s one thing that burns my ass with Cal. Again, people are probably gonna call me a Pitino lover. Whatever. Truth hurts sometimes I reckon.

Following up on my last post, I was listening to the Field of 68 podcast and they were discussing Wagner. I was surprised that they were not as high on him as others I've heard. They were concerned about his shooting. One of them said he's seen him play 4 times and he was 2-29 from 3. Yikes. They also said he wasn't a big setup guy for others either, but the one time I saw him in a game, he got quite a few assists. Those guys seem pretty unbiased and sound like they know what they are talking about though.
Gonna be honest, I’ve never been that impressed with Wagner. I mean, he’s very talented. I just don’t see an otherworldly talent with him. Been saying it for a while. I’ll take Dilly 10/10 times over Wagner. Don’t understand how Wagner was the consensus #1 player in this class for years. Just don’t see it.

Gonna be honest, I’ve never been that impressed with Wagner. I mean, he’s very talented. I just don’t see an otherworldly talent with him. Been saying it for a while. I’ll take Dilly 10/10 times over Wagner. Don’t understand how Wagner was the consensus #1 player in this class for years. Just don’t see it.
That said I bet you wont be upset if he commits to UK like most of the so called experts are predicting.

That said I bet you wont be upset if he commits to UK like most of the so called experts are predicting.
I won’t be upset. I would love to have him of course. I really hope he does. I’ve just never been highly impressed with him. I’m just being real about it. I’ve had this opinion well before his terrible play this summer. At first, I thought I might just be missing something.

I think Dilly is a better ball player. Hell, Shep may be as well. At least at the college level anyway.

Two centers. Two wings who can’t shoot. And a Top 25ish reclass.

Lopsided and coached by a likely hack.

Just sick.
I hope he tries to play both centers 30MPG because that will be their downfall just like the past couple years. No shooters.

I won’t be upset. I would love to have him of course. I really hope he does. I’ve just never been highly impressed with him. I’m just being real about it. I’ve had this opinion well before his terrible play this summer. At first, I thought I might just be missing something.

I think Dilly is a better ball player. Hell, Shep may be as well. At least at the college level anyway.
I do believe Dilly will end up being better but I do think he can be a high level college player with the right coaching. It’s tough trying to predict the success of some kids based on coaching and fit. I will say his AAU team looked like dog crap without him so that’s a good sign.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
How good will it be to. eat Arkansas this year. They are boasting 3 of the top ESPN 100 players. We will see how that works out for them!

Taking the air out of the ball absolutely drives me nuts. It’s gotten us beat countless times. You’d think he would’ve learned by now.

People on here aren’t gonna like this, but ZFG. I was watching a documentary on the 1996 title team the other day. Pitino told our guys to keep their eyes on the basket the last 10 or so minutes of the game against UMass in the F4.

What he meant by that was for them to stay aggressive and not try to run out the clock. He said that’s the reason we won. Said he’s watched so many teams get beat by taking the air out of the ball.

That’s why we consistently used to pulverize teams with Pitino. You have to play to win instead of not to lose. That’s one thing that burns my ass with Cal. Again, people are probably gonna call me a Pitino lover. Whatever. Truth hurts sometimes I reckon.
Pitino played to win! Cal tries to slow down the game too soon and it has cost him many times. I watched Don Donaher at Dayton do the same thing and it always backfired. I strongly agree that we need to keep doing what got you that lead and never try to slow it down!!!!

Pitino played to win! Cal tries to slow down the game too soon and it has cost him many times. I watched Don Donaher at Dayton do the same thing and it always backfired. I strongly agree that we need to keep doing what got you that lead and never try to slow it down!!!!
I don't agree with Cal slowing it down

Condolences. Sorry to hear that your smile is permantely upside down.............over entertainment.
I was just f responding to your condescending tone of you “real” fans enjoying the ride. What ride would that be? Following the same pattern over and over and over and over and…get the point? Sorry if some care about putting out a product worthy of UK’s pedigree, vs cheering on yet another 1 year mercenary who UK fans won’t really remember, or will eventually turn on when he transfers out or leads the program to another first year exit. But sure, you enjoy falling into that same trap. Most fans who are passionate will be the ones disappointed and demanding change.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT