ADVERTISEMENT

UK pushing badly for 6’10” 4 star Frank Anselem

I'm saying if he knew after his first year that his second year was going to be unproductive as well, that he probably would've transferred. None of these guys plan on staying past two years but he had nowhere else to go.
I have no idea what you're trying to say.

The problem is, Cal has his boys and those boys have a long leash and the others don’t. One mistake or missed shot and u are done and the 5 star gets the minutes no matter how bad he plays. Simple.
????? Nick Richards was a 5 star and he sat after one mistake I can name tons of 5 stars who sat after mistakes people like you amaze me

You really believe WCS would go to the draft projected as a second round pick? Oh wait that’s right he didn’t after seeing his draft projection. History says otherwise
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ey-stein-kentucky-wildcats-nba-draft/7717881/
"His injury, however, might have prevented Cauley-Stein from participating in pre-draft workouts and hurt his stock."

And btw, he was a projected first round pick before his injury. #19 according to this article. He would've been gone.

Reactions: Crums Bald Spot
Nope. They've already mentioned pro talk in this article. So after the first or second year if this guy is not good enough for the NBA then he will either transfer or play overseas. Dudes on this board get mad when you say this but the numbers don't lie. We've had 5 guys total play past their second year under Cal. Two of the guys were injured and two were from Ky. Everybody else left. I hope he sticks it out but the percentages are that he will not.
https://www.aseaofblue.com/2020/4/2...-recruiting-predictions-frank-anselem-recruit
“They think he’s a pro like the other schools recruiting him”
fetchimage

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ey-stein-kentucky-wildcats-nba-draft/7717881/
"His injury, however, might have prevented Cauley-Stein from participating in pre-draft workouts and hurt his stock."

And btw, he was a projected first round pick before his injury. #19 according to this article. He would've been gone.
PrettY sure WCS himself told Cal he wasn't ready to leave the college life and wasn't ready to leave yet. It had nothing to do with his injury.

Reactions: Cawood86
He could come in. Play some, maybe a lot early. He can develop and be just what everyone says we need. He doesn’t for a second keep Cal from adding someone better if they are there. Right now he’s is the best that is out there to fill our need. Who else should we be going after right now? Some of you would be furious if we were standing pat yet are miserable when we go after the best center available. Seems like a great move both short term and long term.

Last edited:
This is from ralphdaltonfan (a trusted poster who knows recruting) on Anselem:

That's exactly what his "mentor" said. If Haarms would've signed on with UK, Frank would've had to look at other options. Wasn't this the same clown who was saying to Sisk when he had been rejected by LSU/UGA/Bama 2 weeks ago that "He's just wanting to go somewhere to compete and happy with his role".

I fully understand and agree with fans saying they want depth/developmental players. Where we disagree is regarding this particular prospect. This guys signs on, and UK upgrades their roster with a post better, he'll ask out.

Delusion is real. Material is there to develop but when your camp is hyping you as better then Isaiah Jackson as a defensive player and several analysts have mentioned Jackson is one of/if not the best defensive prospect they've scouted (Bossi, Evans, and Brian Snow have mentioned elite defensive ability of Jackson) what does that say to speak to reality?

The words spoken to Fisher by the same guy who said things to Sisk which don't match at all within a 1 week span.....very interesting to say the least. I want nothing to do with circus personally but if he joins up, hope he sticks around to compete/develop and UK gets a far superior talent to come in ensuing weeks.

This is from ralphdaltonfan (a trusted poster who knows recruting) on Anselem:

That's exactly what his "mentor" said. If Haarms would've signed on with UK, Frank would've had to look at other options. Wasn't this the same clown who was saying to Sisk when he had been rejected by LSU/UGA/Bama 2 weeks ago that "He's just wanting to go somewhere to compete and happy with his role".

I fully understand and agree with fans saying they want depth/developmental players. Where we disagree is regarding this particular prospect. This guys signs on, and UK upgrades their roster with a post better, he'll ask out.

Delusion is real. Material is there to develop but when your camp is hyping you as better then Isaiah Jackson as a defensive player and several analysts have mentioned Jackson is one of/if not the best defensive prospect they've scouted (Bossi, Evans, and Brian Snow have mentioned elite defensive ability of Jackson) what does that say to speak to reality?

The words spoken to Fisher by the same guy who said things to Sisk which don't match at all within a 1 week span.....very interesting to say the least. I want nothing to do with circus personally but if he joins up, hope he sticks around to compete/develop and UK gets a far superior talent to come in ensuing weeks.
Not a good sign at all.If he wouldn't come if Haarms signs will he bolt if Cal going after someone for next season like we need.

His coach says he’s a 2 to 3 year player so the kid knows this. He’s not expecting one and done unless he really blows up.

“Might have prevented” and just because that article said so doesn’t mean the scouts thought he was. He was second round all day
Like I said, we've had one guy, NR, who either wasn't injured or from KY stay past their second year under Cal. Cal has as many titles as Tubby. His model is broken. And next year certainly isn't looking like a contender either unless we pull a rabbit out of a hat at the 5.

Like I said, we've had one guy, NR, who either wasn't injured or from KY stay past their second year under Cal. Cal has as many titles as Tubby. His model is broken. And next year certainly isn't looking like a contender either unless we pull a rabbit out of a hat at the 5.
Although most assumed he was headed for the NBA after this season, Cauley-Stein was clearly torn the night the Wildcats lost to Connecticut in the title game.

"I feel this emptiness in me like I still got something to prove and I still got so much stuff to work on in my game," he said then. "I went up from last year and now I want to take another step. I want to make another jump in my game. … And I love school. I love being at Kentucky. I love the fan base. I love the community. I love the people there. So it's like, why not stay until they make you leave?"
what was that?

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Although most assumed he was headed for the NBA after this season, Cauley-Stein was clearly torn the night the Wildcats lost to Connecticut in the title game.

"I feel this emptiness in me like I still got something to prove and I still got so much stuff to work on in my game," he said then. "I went up from last year and now I want to take another step. I want to make another jump in my game. … And I love school. I love being at Kentucky. I love the fan base. I love the community. I love the people there. So it's like, why not stay until they make you leave?"
what was that?
Did you see Fox, Bam and Monk after the UNC game? They were crying like crazy. But it didn't make them come back. You won't convice me otherwise just like I won't convice you.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Really? Again with tired old tripe that is completely false.

Oh I def' think Cal has long leashes and short leashes .. no one likes to hear it called playing favorites but damn he's been SERIOUSLY tough on certain players and others get very little heat. The ole" he knows who can take it" excuse is right around the corner . Actually I dont care too much he does it , it just cracks me up the folks who think its a terrible criticism and cant possibly be true

Reactions: kyjeff1
Did you see Fox, Bam and Monk after the UNC game? They were crying like crazy. But it didn't make them come back. You won't convice me otherwise just like I won't convice you.
Your cal hate boner is clouding you from seeing facts it’s ok we can have different viewpoints we’re both UK fans

Reactions: seccats04
Oh I def' think Cal has long leashes and short leashes .. no one likes to hear it called playing favorites but damn he's been SERIOUSLY tough on certain players and others get very little heat. The ole" he knows who can take it" excuse is right around the corner . Actually I dont care too much he does it , it just cracks me up the folks who think its a terrible criticism and cant possibly be true
Willis and Gabriel. Baker and Hagans. These are the more recent ones I can think of.

Accuses cal of only looking at star ranking and then does the same thing.

I am kind of in the middle. I am all about landing this dude. He looks to be an excellent player who can help with experience and depth for 2-3 years (if he doesn’t transfer or declare) but at the same time he doesn’t fill our much needed hole at the 5 for next season.

If we already had Haarms or another legit center and then were adding this guy I’d be on cloud 9.

Last edited:
I'm fine as frogs hair with Cal .. I'm also not got my head so far up his ass to state we didnt get the big we desperately needed . Good grief you cry babies cant take the truth so often . We will be good , just worried the obvious hole that evidently we cant discuss cost us a shot at the FF and or # 9 .
Didn't get? I'll wait to judge when August gets here.

I am kind of in the middle. I am all about landing this dude. He looks to be an excellent player who can help with experience and depth for 2-3 years (if he doesn’t transfer or declare) but at the same time he doesn’t fill out much needed hole at the 5 for next season.

If we already had Haarms or another legit center and then we’re adding this guy I’d be on cloud 9.
I believe cal is adding this guy for depth and a backup role, he’s probably trying to get a impact player behind the scenes maybe he’s waiting on the one time transfer rule

Your cal hate boner is clouding you from seeing facts it’s ok we can have different viewpoints we’re both UK fans
I don't hate Cal. I wanted either he or Billy D in 2009. I think he's a great coach who could do a lot more if he could just tweak the way he builds his rosters but his current system will not win another title IMO. Hope I'm wrong. Just too much inexperience and reliance on freshmen that choke when the pressure mounts. Even Zion and crew choked last year when the going got tough.

Perception is reality and the world sees Cal as the OAD coach and so do players. Developmental players will not stick around most likely and even the mediocre 5 stars like EJ, Dragon and Gabriel leave before we get much out of them.

Cal pretty much ran off Baker last year saying he couldn't play him against Auburn because of a mistake but Hagans played like doo doo the whole game and had been terrible since the UNC game. And we wonder why Baker was trolling us this year? Baker would've given us more than Juzang did this year. We have to figure out a way to keep guys like Baker to develop and give us a little continuity.

Yeah, I mean Anthony Davis should have been yanked out as soon as he made a mistake right?
Every coach does it and every coach I ever played for did it.

Reactions: ManitouDan
Yeah, I mean Anthony Davis should have been yanked out as soon as he made a mistake right?
Every coach does it and every coach I ever played for did it.

Yep I did it when I coached , the stud pitcher gets kid gloves . its those that think it doesnt exist or Cal doesnt do it that irritate me.

Yep I did it when I coached , the stud pitcher gets kid gloves . its those that think it doesnt exist or Cal doesnt do it that irritate me.
Yep, everybody knows it that played above elementary ball. I will say, if a kid produces, Cal doesn't care if he was ranked 158th or 1st. He's definitely not afraid to coach superstars. Doesn't cae if the kid is from KY or Zimbabwe.

Cal has as many titles as Tubby. His model is broken.
This is definitely strong statistical evidence that Cal and Tubby are similar in their likelihood of acquiring a national title in a given year at Kentucky.

Extrapolating that much from 10 select data points and ignoring the considerable countervailing evidence (every other winning measure you can compare) is definitely not an embarassing display of logical and mathematical ineptitude in light of the 6 round single elimination model that we use to determine champions in this sport.

Reactions: Cawood86
He definitely does it - I just don't think it has to do with ranking. It seems to do with who he thinks can take it, which is one of my biggest disagreements with him.

Reactions: ManitouDan
This is definitely strong statistical evidence that Cal and Tubby are similar in their likelihood of acquiring a national title in a given year at Kentucky.

Extrapolating that much from 10 select data points and ignoring all the other evidence is definitely not an embarassing display of mathematical ineptitude in light of the 6 round single elimination model that we use to determine champions in this sport.

I always love youre biting sarcasm. Keep up the good work !

Reactions: Cawood86 and Jkwo

Extrapolating that much from 10 select data points and ignoring all the other evidence is definitely not an embarassing display of mathematical ineptitude in light of the 6 round single elimination model that we use to determine champions in this sport.
I'm starting to think math is Kryptonite to the Cal haters.

Some of these posters; SMH. They bitch if we get 5*'s that leave after 1 year, and they bitch if we get a 4* that can be developed over time 'cause he's only a 4 *.

Miserable is right.

Doesn't sound like he's willing to be developed over time, however.

His AAU coach already stated UK would have been out of the race had we gotten Haarms, due to lack of PT next year.

Problem is, this kid does not appear to be a difference maker in year 1, according to virtually all who have seen him play extensively.

I'm all for bringing him on board if he's a 3/4 year guy, but if he thinks he's KAT and when it turns out he's not, and he's just going to bolt/transfer after 1 year, I'd pass.

One of our major issues since 2015 is that the number of sure-fire studs coming in for year 1 have dropped, while the next tier recruit we have signed has still bolted early.

Continuity or studs. Need one or the other. A lack of both leads to more years without Final Fours/titles.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT