ADVERTISEMENT

UK pushing badly for 6’10” 4 star Frank Anselem

Herro and Shai were near 5 stars. This guy is rated #85, which is about 10 spots lower than Jemarl Baker was. This guy may be good in time, which we'll probably never see, but we need somebody to be good next year. This has become a major problem with our revolving door rosters.
I thought UK needed to build a roster and get kids who will stay multiple years? Which is it?

Oh you’re one of those fans my bad
Zaytoven is not now, nor has he ever been, a Kentucky fan.

Here's how you know about him and a hand-full of others.

When Kentucky beats #1 ranked Michigan State they are nowhere around. When Kentucky beats Louisville, nothing celebratory to say. When Kentucky clinches the SEC title, they are invisible.

But any piece of potentially negative news, twenty posts in the thread. Anybody fooled by people like that isn't paying attention.

Last edited:
2014 we had a great run in the tournament. But was it worth the shitshow we saw all regular season? I mean if Vanvleet hit that last second three, we lose. That team was extremely frustrating to watch until the very end of the season. 2011 didn't have a great record either and could've easily lost in the first round if not for Knight's last second shot. It seems like we have an extrememly small margin of error with these young teams. Is this the best way to build a team?
Good grief. What a miserable "fan" you must be to be around. If this, if that. Never happy but always complaining. Feel sorry for folks that have to endure being around you.

You hear, man UK needs to get more 3-4 players and build the roster. Cal adds Toppin and is looking to add a 4 star that most is at the very least a 3 year player.
Then you hear, "no thanks" , "desperation" , "meh". Just insanity.
It's why folks disregard anything posters like that say, because no matter what Cal does, they're not happy.
Just miserable "fans".
The problem is not adding a 4 star C this late in the game. It's ok if he takes a few years to be good. Problem under Cal, is those guys don't stick around and develop. And we need an impact 5 for next year. If we get a good transfer then we should be ok but that is cutting it pretty close this late in the game don't you think?

2014 we had a great run in the tournament. But was it worth the shitshow we saw all regular season? I mean if Vanvleet hit that last second three, we lose. That team was extremely frustrating to watch until the very end of the season. 2011 didn't have a great record either and could've easily lost in the first round if not for Knight's last second shot. It seems like we have an extrememly small margin of error with these young teams. Is this the best way to build a team?

2011 class played in 2012 (you know, the 38-2 title team). 2014 class played in 2015; went 38-1

#1 recruiting class in the country and you’re still bitchin’.

Boonie if you dont want to admit we have a hole in the paint thats ok . Just dont cry about other posters who are legitimately concerned its an issue . I'll take the guy -- gladly , we missed out on all others

Reactions: kywildcat41086
I'm fine as frogs hair with Cal .. I'm also not got my head so far up his ass to state we didnt get the big we desperately needed . Good grief you cry babies cant take the truth so often . We will be good , just worried the obvious hole that evidently we cant discuss cost us a shot at the FF and or # 9 .
I'm pretty everyone who understands knows UK needs a solid low post presence for next year. Is this really a debate for some?
The roster is not set yet.

Good grief. What a miserable "fan" you must be to be around. If this, if that. Never happy but always complaining. Feel sorry for folks that have to endure being around you.
I'm just saying if two shots didn't go our way those seasons would've been a disaster for our standards.

And I don't appreciate the personal insults. We just disagree on how the program is run.

Last edited:
2011 class played in 2012 (you know, the 38-2 title team). 2014 class played in 2015; went 38-1
Ok. 2010-11 the regular season sucked. Tournament run fun. 2013-14 regular season sucked. Tournament run fun. That better?

The problem is not adding a 4 star C this late in the game. It's ok if he takes a few years to be good. Problem under Cal, is those guys don't stick around and develop. And we need an impact 5 for next year. If we get a good transfer then we should be ok but that is cutting it pretty close this late in the game don't you think?
Nick Richards didn’t stay around and develop? WCS didn’t stick around and develop? Alex Poythress didn’t stick around develop? Fascinating.

Everybody is scrambling this year. If this kid can play 6-8 mins a game and score a bucket or two and grab a rebound here or there, that will just be gravy.
Right now, there's not any impact 5's out there. But there may be soon.

Stop relying so much on one and dones. They only care about the league.

Also don't recruit guys like this.

You know what? Just shut the whole thing down.
Maybe that's what some want, I guess. We've all agreed we need some multi-year guys to fill out the roster. Cal gets some, gets hammered over it. Gotta have some role players with experience.

Nick Richards didn’t stay around and develop? WCS didn’t stick around and develop? Alex Poythress didn’t stick around develop? Fascinating.
Two of those guys were injured. That is why they stuck around and "developed." Nick was not going to be drafted last year and did not want to transfer and sit out another season.

Two of those guys were injured. That is why they stuck around and "developed." Nick was not going to be drafted last year and did not want to transfer and sit out another season.
WCS could’ve left at the end of 2014 and went second round so could Poythress. I’m glad you knew Richards personally well enough to know he wanted to transfer. Fascinating.

Reactions: Cawood86
So you're saying NIck was going to transfer if not for having to sit out a year? Where is your proof of this? Please post it. Thanks.
I'm not saying he was going to transfer. I'm saying he had nowhere else to go. He was out of options.

I think Brooks and Jackson will be a fine duo, with Ware the rotation big who plays hard and battles. Getting a guy like this for insurance, spot minutes, and development over multiple years seems like a GREAT idea to me. I thought he looked good in the limited clips I saw of him. Definitely some talent there. Sign him up and like someone said he won’t scare away another stud transfer from coming either!

1. Adding a big body as insurance, a sturdy practice player, and just maybe someone with a lot of upside for next year and beyond? Check.

2. Adding someone who won't scare off a super-stud if one becomes available if/when the one-time transfer rule passes, or if Maker or the kid from Wake Forest or someone else becomes available? Check.

This would be a typically brilliant move by Calipari. I hope it happens.
COMMON SENSE!!! THANKS

WCS could’ve left at the end of 2014 and went second round so could Poythress. I’m glad you knew Richards personally well enough to know he wanted to transfer. Fascinating.
You really believe if WCS wasn't injured he would've stuck around another year? Fascinating. He would've been the only player outside of NR, Poythress (injured) and 3 star Ky kids Hawkins and Willis, to stay past their second year in school under Cal. The percentages say otherwise.

He/she is a football only fan that never has anything positive to say about the basketball program.

Reactions: Cawood86
You really believe if WCS wasn't injured he would've stuck around another year? Fascinating. He would've been the only player outside of NR, Poythress (injured) and 3 star Ky kids Hawkins and Willis, to stay past their second year in school under Cal. The percentages say otherwise.
You really believe WCS would go to the draft projected as a second round pick? Oh wait that’s right he didn’t after seeing his draft projection. History says otherwise

That doesn't even make sense dude.
I'm saying if he knew after his first year that his second year was going to be unproductive as well, that he probably would've transferred. None of these guys plan on staying past two years but he had nowhere else to go.

The problem is, Cal has his boys and those boys have a long leash and the others don’t. One mistake or missed shot and u are done and the 5 star gets the minutes no matter how bad he plays. Simple.

That's the other half of the equation. Cal must adjust his pitch with these kind of kids. Ratchet back the NBA talk.
Nope. They've already mentioned pro talk in this article. So after the first or second year if this guy is not good enough for the NBA then he will either transfer or play overseas. Dudes on this board get mad when you say this but the numbers don't lie. We've had 5 guys total play past their second year under Cal. Two of the guys were injured and two were from Ky. Everybody else left. I hope he sticks it out but the percentages are that he will not.
https://www.aseaofblue.com/2020/4/2...-recruiting-predictions-frank-anselem-recruit

Reactions: KFuqua and kyjeff1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT