ADVERTISEMENT

UK official NIL link to donate

Short-Dawg-69

Junior
Aug 9, 2019
Here is UK official link to donate.
You can select what sport and you can select a 1 time donation for what ever amount you want.

I hope everyone at least donates $25 anything will help our program.

Here is UK official link to donate.
You can select what sport and you can select a 1 time donation for what ever amount you want.

I hope everyone at least donates $25 anything will help our program.

I gave yesterday hope everyone else gets behind this!

I tried to sign up but didn’t get the confirmation email.
They had website issues and put out a statement they are working on it.
Lots of traffic was on the website the last couple days.

Lots of people donated to
Football
Baseball
Girls Basketball
MEN BASKETBALL

All us fans need to invest in the team / teams we LOVE.
Even if it’s just a 1 time donation of $25

I am skeptical of all these NIL numbers whether they are even true of if they directly go to the players. It feels like if the case was that we had 6 million or so then we would have some guys staying for sure like a Jordan Burks or something. It just has never passed the smell test with me.

Reactions: Fox2monk
That was Cal NIL he started.
Kinda one reason him and Barnhart did not get along.
Cal wanted to do his own thing.
Did that thing ever even take off? Thought cal started it for his ex cat players to donate too but I don’t recall ever hearing it generating a dime.

I am skeptical of all these NIL numbers whether they are even true of if they directly go to the players. It feels like if the case was that we had 6 million or so then we would have some guys staying for sure like a Jordan Burks or something. It just has never passed the smell test with me.

Idk why all of a sudden the normal poor and average fans have to start paying for players in addition to going to games and buying memorabilia. As I've always said I'll leave it to the Richie riches.

The average fan on this website donating to spoiled rich athletes of America fund will be even more intolerable if things dont go well on here. "I paid 100 dollars for this and UK can't even make the sweet 16 this season! I want a regund!"

Idk why all of a sudden the normal poor and average fans have to start paying for players in addition to going to games and buying memorabilia. As I've always said I'll leave it to the Richie riches.

The average fan on this website donating to spoiled rich athletes of America fund will be even more intolerable if things dont go well on here. "I paid 100 dollars for this and UK can't even make the sweet 16 this season! I want a regund!"
totally agree! It just seems like an area that would be ripe for corruption tbh

It basically is a collective.
So remember when Hunter Dickerson was recruited by CAL / UK?
Then he went to Kansas because they were going to guarantee him a certain dollar amount and UK could not guarantee.

This would be money in a collective pot of cash. That if a board approved they wanted to use a money out of this to guarantee a base $ # to get them to sign with UK.
The kid could still sign other NIL deals above this say with Paul Miller, Reeds Jewelers, Local business etc…..
This is just cash upfront to solidify a base $ amount this kid would receive.

• Wow
Reactions: Usleepy-2vs7
I just tossed in some cash to the cause, first time in years I have spent a dime on anything UK related, my own personal boycott, until Cal was gone.
I don’t agree with all this high prices for NIL but I do think the kids deserve something.

NIL is a new age…. And we UK fans should show the world this is why we are THE BEST FANS…..
show these kids we are behind them even with cash out of our own pockets.

Also it’s kinda like election voting.
If you don’t vote then don’t complain.

Donate as you can and be invested in our program climbing to the TOP ONCE AGAIN.

Just my 2 cents for what that’s worth.

Reactions: BlueSince92
I don’t agree with all this high prices for NIL but I do think the kids deserve something.

NIL is a new age…. And we UK fans should show the world this is why we are THE BEST FANS…..
show these kids we are behind them even with cash out of our own pockets.

Also it’s kinda like election voting.
If you don’t vote then don’t complain.

Donate as you can and be invested in our program climbing to the TOP ONCE AGAIN.

Just my 2 cents for what that’s worth.
I'm going to be completely honest here. I haven't watched a UK basketball game in some time and I sure wasn't going to watch other teams. I am really ignorant on NIL, when I first heard the term a week ago, I thought it was some kind of acronym for National Intent Letter or something like that. I had to Google it and did a little reading to where it's basically a paid contract between a university and players, sort of a highest bidder/player auction. I still have no idea where this money really comes from(besides fans), who is allowed to put money in this fund, who over sees this fund to keep people from skimming money and who decides how much money a player is worth?

I'm in a little shock about the NIL. Sure, I think players should get a percentage of sales from merchandise that has their names or images on them and the university should provide athletes with some walking around money, because let's be honest everything else is paid for, housing, food and any other bills any other adult would have. I'm probably way off base here about how this stuff works, but a college athlete shouldn't be able to buy a Rolls Royce and a mansion while in college. Does the university or the fund get the money back if a player gets injured or lays an egg for the season? I really don't understand a lot of it.

@IL Wildcat Thanks!!

This is the same link as in https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/threads/uk-official-nil-link-to-donate.413580/#post-12896721 though, so I don't mind if you want to combine them or delete this one. I just wanted a way for a lot of $$ to continue going to NIL for Mark. Don't mind it pinned twice either, if that helps people notice it ;)
I combined them. I had already pinned one to the top. I should have double checked to see that it was the same link. Anyway, it's fixed now. :D

• Love
Reactions: BlueSince92
HMmm. One time donation down. Is that tech issue or is one time off the table for this year?

I’m sorry but I’m not giving to players to make many thousands to play for a school that makes many millions and they want to nickel and dime the fans to support it. This should come from corporate sponsors and the money the school brings in. If this is what college sports has become then screw that. Bash away.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT