ADVERTISEMENT

UK offers Trevor Keels and Keels adds UK to final list

I like Hickman but don’t know if he will be quick enough to get past other SEC guards. A shot maker at the two would help also

Tremendous physical strength for a shooting guard. Has length as well. Highly competitive with an impressive basketball IQ. Plays a power game but can score from all three levels. Solid ball handler. Good passer. Has strength to be a better rebounder. Solid defender.-Jerry Meyer
Whitney, Boston, Clark, SKJ, Diallo, Knox and Maxey all had high praise by scouts coming onto UK. Maxey did okay, but none of those guys lived up to the hype and all of them were rated much higher than this kid.

Last edited:
Awfully late in the game for Cal to offer just to be a hat on the table . Just can't see Cal offering this kid unless their is a really good shot at landing him .

I think it’s because he is now scrambling as it means we are losing someone in the backcourt that he previously didn’t think we’d lose after 1 season...

Reactions: deep3
I think it’s because he is now scrambling as it means we are losing someone in the backcourt that he previously didn’t think we’d lose after 1 season...
Or wants to add more shooting. Keels is 2nd shooting guard UK offered in 21 since October

A transfer or unexpected departure is certainly possible, but I think we likely would be involved with Keels regardless. The roster this season and current projection for next season has a glaring hole at SG. Everyone on the roster now is either a combo guard or wing, and we don’t have a true PG or SG on the team. We need all the guards we can get

Whitney, Boston, Clark, SKJ, Diallo, Knox and Maxey all had high praise by scouts coming onto UK. Mackey did okay, but none of those guys lived uo to the hype and all of them were rated much higher than this kid.
Knox and Maxey were fine. Stop expecting everyone to be John Wall or Fox level and you will be fine. Also it is impossible to correctly evaluate all the hundreds of players that come into college from high school every year. So for the most part the people who do evaluate them do an amazing job.

Reactions: G-PIP
Knox and Maxey were fine. Stop expecting everyone to be John Wall or Fox level and you will be fine. Also it is impossible to correctly evaluate all the hundreds of players that come into college from high school every year. So for the most part the people who do evaluate them do an amazing job.
Who said I was expecting freaking Maxey to be John Wall? I have stated repeatedly that we are done getting John Wall level players, all we're getting are second tier 5* kids that have potential and they come here with an AAU mentality. No bb iq and very low skill, but we make them our priority players. It would be fine if they stayed, but they don't. It makes no sense to do what Cal is doing.

Who said I was expecting freaking Maxey to be John Wall? I have stated repeatedly that we are done getting John Wall level players, all we're getting are second tier 5* kids that have potential and they come here with an AAU mentality. No bb iq and very low skill, but we make them our priority players. It would be fine if they stayed, but they don't. It makes no sense to do what Cal is doing.
If you aren’t expecting more from them why list them in players that didn’t live up to the Hype? Those 2 played very well and were very good players. They only way they wouldn’t have lived up to the hype is if you were expecting production such as the players I named.

If you aren’t expecting more from them why list them in players that didn’t live up to the Hype? Those 2 played very well and were very good players. They only way they wouldn’t have lived up to the hype is if you were expecting production such as the players I named.
Who. Are you saying lived up to the hype? Maxey slipped in the draft, did he not? Knox came in highly rated, he was supposed to be our best player, it was a struggle all season and we lost to K-State, who didn't have their best player.
SGA and Herro played bettter than expected, Knox and Maxey did not. Maxey blew up against Michigan State, but other than that, he really didn't live up to the hype.

Who. Are you saying lived up to the hype? Maxey slipped in the draft, did he not? Knox came in highly rated, he was supposed to be our best player, it was a struggle all season and we lost to K-State, who didn't have their best player.
SGA and Herro played bettter than expected, Knox and Maxey did not. Maxey blew up against Michigan State, but other than that, he really didn't live up to the hype.
Maxey lived up to the hype.

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
See there you go expecting people to perfectly project these high school players. If you go into the season saying this guy is projected to be a top 10 player and when he isn’t perfect in what your mind thought he would be he didn’t “ live up to they hype”. When in reality you are looking at projections and saying that should be exactly what you see.

See there you go expecting people to perfectly project these high school players. If you go into the season saying this guy is projected to be a top 10 player and when he isn’t perfect in what your mind thought he would be he didn’t “ live up to they hype”. When in reality you are looking at projections and saying that should be exactly what you see.
And that proves my point. If it is impossible to accurately project what these players will do at the college level, then wtf Would you create a system that depends on them to be great?

I don't need the help, but I feel the need to thank you for helping me prove my point. Great job.

Reactions: SmedMoley
Whitney, Boston, Clark, SKJ, Diallo, Knox and Maxey all had high praise by scouts coming onto UK. Maxey did okay, but none of those guys lived up to the hype and all of them were rated much higher than this kid.

And all of them were rated higher than Doron Lamb and Tyler Ulis. You can never be too sure what you are going to get.

That might also suggest it's not the best approach to live and die with each freshman class, and those projections.

And that proves my point. If it is impossible to accurately project what these players will do at the college level, then wtf Would you create a system that depends on them to be great?

I don't need the help, but I feel the need to thank you for helping me prove my point. Great job.
The results speak for themselves final fours, elite eights and a Championship. Really only 2 years that weren’t up to par. I like how you turned the conversation though. My original comment was about how Knox and Maxey didn’t fit your overrated narrative. But please continue this is your Ted talk.

The results speak for themselves final fours, elite eights and a Championship. Really only 2 years that weren’t up to par. I like how you turned the conversation though. My original comment was about how Knox and Maxey didn’t fit your overrated narrative. But please continue this is your Ted talk.
Those final fours occured when John Calipari was getting transcendent and generational talent. That's the only way this crap works. Since 2015, he has had 1 transcendent player, Fox.

Remember, we are supposed to be the gold standard, we have the highest paid coach and the best facilities, yet UK is about to be so bad that they won't even qualify for the NIT.

The system worked from 2010 through 2015, with the exception of the fact that those rosters were loaded with NBA talent and we only won one title, but I digress.

Since 2015, it's been prettuly ugly. The losses to KSU, IU and Auburn happened because freshman and sophomores make mistakes and the talent level was nowhere near good enough to get the job done. Keep in mind, UK has beaten 1 power 5 team in the NCAAT since 2015. Gold standard my ass.

Reactions: deep3
Those final fours occured when John Calipari was getting transcendent and generational talent. That's the only way this crap works. Since 2015, he has had 1 transcendent player, Fox.

Remember, we are supposed to be the gold standard, we have the highest paid coach and the best facilities, yet UK is about to be so bad that they won't even qualify for the NIT.

The system worked from 2010 through 2015, with the exception of the fact that those rosters were loaded with NBA talent and we only won one title, but I digress.

Since 2015, it's been prettuly ugly. The losses to KSU, IU and Auburn happened because freshman and sophomores make mistakes and the talent level was nowhere near good enough to get the job done. Keep in mind, UK has beaten 1 power 5 team in the NCAAT since 2015. Gold standard my ass.
Stay salty. The fact is this since 2015 narrative is Bs. It’s only used because it can include this year and last since there wasn’t an ncaa tourney

Stay salty. The fact is this since 2015 narrative is Bs. It’s only used because it can include this year and last since there wasn’t an ncaa tourney
Nobody is salty, take that shit somewhere else.

So, you are going to discount my facts because we're not even going to make the tournament this year? Can't make this shit up. That's hilarious.

It's a fact that UK has beaten one power 5 team in the tournament since 2015. We played the tournament in 2016, we played the tournament in 2017, we played the tournament in 2018 and we played the tournament in 2019. Only one of those 4 teams beat a power 5 team. But we have had the most NBA draft picks and we have the highest paid coach. That's seems okay to you? Do you realize Cal makes more than Nick Saban? Does that seem right to you? Is this UK basketball, or are we Indiana now?

You can't defend this crap man, you just can't and the more you try, the more you look like a Cal first fan. Sorry, but this isn't UK basketball. It wasn't acceptable when Tubby couldn't get to a final four and it wasn't okay when BCG went to the NIT. Cal already has one NIT to his name, he's about to not only miss the NCAAT, but we're not even going to qualify for the NIT and we have 3 guys going to the NBA this year off this team. You simply can't defend it, just stop trying.

Reactions: RunninRichie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT