ADVERTISEMENT

UK meeting with Drew per Rothstein

I cant believe fans ran off calipari for freaking scott drew
Mean Girls Movie GIF by filmeditor

Whats the alternative here? UK is about to hire a guy who won a title with a 28-2 team. Including beating a undefeated gonzaga team. We've never hired a title winning coach. If Hurley did say no, and Donovan's timing is wrong. This is the best choice. It's either this or Sean Miller/Shaka Smart.
Donovans timing isn't wrong, barney never reached out to him. No excuse for not reaching out to Billy. He is best available

I have just read that Drew is wanting to come, but his wife is extremely introverted and they have one child enrolled at Baylor and two in high school in Waco. Apparently, UK reps flew down there last night to discuss and this plane is them returning.
Hopefully he declined

Nice try for what. What has drew done in his 20 years that Cal didnt do here. We didnt run off cal for someone better or more exciting if its drew.
He's at baylor. BAYLOR. A private religious school in Waco, Texas. They had ONE NCAAT in 50 years. Before Drew arrived in 2003 the program was almost shut down. Players murdered each other, dealed drugs, etc etc.

Hurley was never leaving the Northeast for Kentucky, nor was his wife!
I don't blame them. While I'm from Kentucky, the northeast is beautiful country. The homes up there are gorgeous. The education up there is very good. The climate is great if you like cooler summers and an actual fall and winter.

He CAN'T. Donovan would not be able to respond at the moment, his team is playing and trying to go deep in the tournament. Versus Cal, who was job hopping instead of tournament prepping. You have to respect that Donovan is doing his job.
Donovan can still respond. His team is likely going to be out next week.

Reactions: NociHTTP
YouTube some of his interviews and you’ll get a better idea of his character and mindset.

Total opposite of used cars salesman

If he brings his 3 top 25 recruits (5, 23, and 24), I’m elated. I know about VJ but the 6’9, 210 SF Asemonte (spelling?) really intrigues me! I watched highlights and his interview. That’s the type of well spoken kid I would love to have at the university
In another thread I was eluding to the fact small vs biggest school. Can his mindset transition. I've watched all his YouTube interviews. Now the dude can recruit, the dude can coach! But does lights come on even more?

You really believe that. Come on. Billy Clyde, yea, he ran himself off. A coach who has multiple final fours and a title in 15 years, brings in exciting players every year did not run himself off.
Pressure to give results ran him off. But Cal has himself to blame for that. Win your in, loose your gone. Facts

You really believe that. Come on. Billy Clyde, yea, he ran himself off. A coach who has multiple final fours and a title in 15 years, brings in exciting players every year did not run himself off.
Lol, what a casual. His last final four was 10 years ago, his last title was 12. His ''exciting players'' got us 2 first round losses, and 1 NCAAT win in 5 years. His model doesn't work in the current era of CBB. He turned tail and ran. After trying to blame the fans, and administration for his failings. He felt the heat and left. So yes, he ran himself off by not performing. This is a results based profession. He didn't perform. Simple.

I don't think its a bad hire, this time last week, I thought Cal was our coach for next season......

Why would you not meet with Hurley first and make him say no before you go to Drew. Everyone knows that Hurley is the current hottest coach and Barnhart has to know that the BBN expects the best if you can get them. Why not go in that order if you are serious at pursuing the best and also showing BBN that you pursued in the right order for best coaches? Not doing it in the order of best coaches just puts out the perception that you are going to get the guy you like best even though he is not the best coach.

Why would you not meet with Hurley first and make him say no before you go to Drew. Everyone knows that Hurley is the current hottest coach and Barnhart has to know that the BBN expects the best if you can get them. Why not go in that order if you are serious at pursuing the best and also showing BBN that you pursued in the right order for best coaches? Not doing it in the order of best coaches just puts out the perception that you are going to get the guy you like best even though he is not the best coach.
Unless you have reason to believe he's just using you to leverage UConn, but it's a legit question.

Absolutely worst case scenario if we want to get back on top.

THIS GUY ISNT GOOD ENOUGH

GET YOUR HEAD OJT OF YIUR ASS MITCH OR HIT THE DAMN ROAD
What is the magic number of NChampionships to get your approval? There are not that many out there. It's been 20 years since Donavan won. 10 years since he has coached college kids. Zero years of dealing with NIL and portal.

And unless Mitch can sway Hurley, we ain't getting him. So, who is left?

What is the magic number of NChampionships to get your approval? There are not that many out there. It's been 20 years since Donavan won. 10 years since he has coached college kids. Zero years of dealing with NIL and portal.

And unless Mitch can sway Hurley, we ain't getting him. So, who is left?

At least one a decade. Two of you want a lifetime contract.

Cal did good things, but we need a coach who does a better job of building rosters, rather than NBA draft picks. Our success in March has been bad lately as a result of this.

Guess I'll try to get myself excited about this, but it sure isn't going to be easy. :(
To me a lot of this angst strikes me as being Stockholm Syndrome. There are a hundred better coaches X-O than Cal and certainly Drew is one at the top of that list. ANYONE will be a better coaching option than Cal. Cal can recruit which has gotten us exactly NOTHING in the new era. Drew can recruit AND he can coach. We will be better off on day one.

Cal did good things, but we need a coach who does a better job of building rosters, rather than NBA draft picks. Our success in March has been bad lately as a result of this.
Exactly. We had a coach in Cal that cared only about winning recruiting class wars and NBA draft day cut aways. He was our Taylor Swift at a KC Chiefs game....oh show me smiling so everyone mentions my name as "his" coach.

BS. We are no longer held hostage to an ego maniac who cares NOTHING about UK. Just his own reputation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT