UK in the midst of a gauntlet

HerrosHeroes

All-American
Aug 16, 2018
at then #14 Ole Miss
v now #25 South Carolina
v then #16 Miss St
at now #3 Tennessee

Folks I promise you know one in the country can top those 4 games consecutively.

Oh and UK played at then #12 UF and won earlier in the season and has now #1 Georgia in Ky in a few weeks.

Easily a top 2 or 3 schedule nationally.

Thats 6 top 25 teams and 5 in the top 16.

Next yr we play Georgia and Alabama!

Lets just play the entire top 12 next yr!

Not crying about it just stating facts.
The hardest thing in sports is to come out of the SEC undefeated post SECCG.

• Haha
Reactions: Orange_N_White
I hear ya, brother. I think the staff will rise to the occasion, and bring in, and develop an OL and QB that will provide continuity to our developing tradition.

Reactions: HerrosHeroes
Surely you are mistaken. The media voted Louisvilles schedule as tougher than ours preseason. Are you saying the media is incorrect and has some sort of agenda instead of reporting facts??? That can’t be true!! This is America not some communist country.

This is a hidden problem in the way the SEC is scheduling.

1. The dumb UL game has to be our last game of year and it is non conference game.
2. Then the SEC has a magical rule that you have to play 3 of the 4 non conference games to start the year.

So what is happening is we have to play our scrub games in September and then UL in November....while all the SEC teams that end season with SEC game get to place one of those non conference scrub games in October/November which is a quasi bye week. So Bama, Auburn, Tenn, Mizz, Vandy, Ark, LSU, etc...get to pug a patsy in middle of schedule to break it up. This is basdically the final straw for me....end the UL game as we go to 9 game SEC slate and make the schedule less like it has been last two years.

I disagree. USC is not a power, they are only ranked b/c they beat us (sans Levis) and a terribly overrated A&M program. USC should be a .500 team, but we gifted them a win with our terrible play call to start the game.

This year's schedule was set up perfectly for a magical year.

Next year's schedule is brutal b/c we have all of our patsies to begin the year (even Vandy) and then the last two months are brutal. Plus, all of the swing games that have favored us (Mizzou, USC, Miss state) are at tough parts on the schedule (e.g. we play them the week after playing Georgia or Alabama). Plus, we trade Ole Miss for Bama so next year's schedule is MUCH tougher.

I disagree. USC is not a power, they are only ranked b/c they beat us (sans Levis) and a terribly overrated A&M program. USC should be a .500 team, but we gifted them a win with our terrible play call to start the game.

This year's schedule was set up perfectly for a magical year.

Next year's schedule is brutal b/c we have all of our patsies to begin the year (even Vandy) and then the last two months are brutal. Plus, all of the swing games that have favored us (Mizzou, USC, Miss state) are at tough parts on the schedule (e.g. we play them the week after playing Georgia or Alabama). Plus, we trade Ole Miss for Bama so next year's schedule is MUCH tougher.
You are definitely entitled to your opinion and I respect you for that.
However, even with 2 Ls with 2 top 3 teams remaining on UKs schedule that magical season you wrote of is still in play.
Fini 10-2 with wins over #1 Georgia, #3 UT, then #12 UF and then #16 Miss St and even if UK doesnt make the SECCG we have the resume to steal the #4 seed in the National Semis, if things break our way even a little bit,
You would be talking about 4 wins over once top 16 teams in America including #1 and #3. No one else would be able to say that!

Last edited:
at then #14 Ole Miss
v now #25 South Carolina
v then #16 Miss St
at now #3 Tennessee

Folks I promise you know one in the country can top those 4 games consecutively.

Oh and UK played at then #12 UF and won earlier in the season and has now #1 Georgia in Ky in a few weeks.

Tennessee's Schedule Kentucky Schedule
at #17 Pitt - W at #12 UF - W
vs #20 UF - W vs #14 OM - L
at #18 LSU - W vs #25 SC - L
vs #3 Bama - W at #16 MSSt - W
vs #19 UK at #3 TN
at #1 UGA vs #1 UGA
at #25 SC

Kentucky's schedule is not easy, but no one in the SEC has an easy schedule. Tennessee has had a much more difficult schedule to this point and still has a better record.

vs #19 UK at #3 TN
at #1 UGA vs #1 UGA
at #25 SC

Kentucky's schedule is not easy, but no one in the SEC has an easy schedule. Tennessee has had a much more difficult schedule to this point and still has a better record.
Kentucky’s schedule is harder than Tennessee’s because Kentucky has to play Tennessee and Tennessee only has to play Kentucky.

vs #19 UK at #3 TN
at #1 UGA vs #1 UGA
at #25 SC

vs #19 UK at #3 TN
at #1 UGA vs #1 UGA
at #25 SC

Much is a stretch. How bout slightly tougher?

No big deal but Pitt isn’t equal to SC. Louisville beat Pitt and they are the worst team in college football.
Neither is a good team. Both have found themselves in the top 25 this year. I'm not sure who would win if they played each other in the "Who Gives a Sh1t Bowl". They would probably have the same record if they played Kentucky with Levis. I think Kentucky is a good football team. It sucks y'all dropped that game. It would have been nice for y'all to be ranked higher when we beat you on Saturday.

Should have beat Mississippi and South Carolina. As a result of those losses it makes our schedule look even tougher because it makes those teams look better. The only acceptable losses on our schedule are Tennessee and Georgia this year. We should be shooting for the Sugar Bowl but we already blew it. We had a perfect opportunity for a 10 win regular season and Sugar Bowl game.

Reactions: NavyCat88
at then #14 Ole Miss
v now #25 South Carolina
v then #16 Miss St
at now #3 Tennessee

How can UL's sos be stronger than that? I saw on a thread earlier this week that their a few spots higher than us? Was that incorrect?

Should have beat Mississippi and South Carolina. As a result of those losses it makes our schedule look even tougher because it makes those teams look better. The only acceptable losses on our schedule are Tennessee and Georgia this year. We should be shooting for the Sugar Bowl but we already blew it. We had a perfect opportunity for a 10 win regular season and Sugar Bowl game.
Agreed! As stated previously in similar thread, we have our two losses because the coaching staff got too cute by half and employed gadget plays and failed to establish the foundational run game when we have the best RB in the SEC revving his motor and ready to keep us on schedule on 1st down, extend drives, pick-up-block blitzes, chew clock, own TOP and shorten the game for opponents' offenses.

Finally, we employed C-Rod appropriately against pass-happy MSU, and we dominate. Second verse, same as the first with UTENN.

Give the rock to CRod...let him pound out some ground yards...catch the ball out of the back field....force UT to adjust to the run threat.....make our play action an actual threat....and give our young WRs some ability for extra separation so we can go down field through the air on the arm of Levis.

OTBW.....OL does a heck of a lot better with greater emphasis on the run and run blocking.
Finally, we shrink the game with a C-Rod-centric strategy.....limiting orange-suck's offensive possessions.

Not complicated sportsfans.,,.Let's utilize our strengths Wildcats!

GBB!

vs #19 UK at #3 TN
at #1 UGA vs #1 UGA
at #25 SC

There are no such thing as an easy schedule , If you are in a P5. There are so many good football teams now with the portal and its only going to get worse with NIL. The days of one or 2 teams being juggernauts is over.

You are definitely entitled to your opinion and I respect you for that.
However, even with 2 Ls with 2 top 3 teams remaining on UKs schedule that magical season you wrote of is still in play.
Fini 10-2 with wins over #1 Georgia, #3 UT, then #12 UF and then #16 Miss St and even if UK doesnt make the SECCG we have the resume to steal the #4 seed in the National Semis, if things break our way even a little bit,
You would be talking about 4 wins over once top 16 teams in America including #1 and #3. No one else would be able to say that!

OK, I agree that dream season is still alive if we beat UT and UGA, but you're talking about extremely low odds of that happening. If we had taken advantage of the earlier schedule and were sitting here at 7-0, then all we would need is a split and 11-1 would be there for the taking (along with a potential playoff spot). At worse, we would be a shoe-in for the sugar bowl at 11-1 (and possibly at 10-2).

We're not getting into the playoff at 10-2. Sorry, that's not happening. College football would have a mutiny if we got in with 2 losses. 2-loss Georgia or Alabama is not getting in, no way UK gets that kind of the benefit of the doubt.

OK, I agree that dream season is still alive if we beat UT and UGA, but you're talking about extremely low odds of that happening. If we had taken advantage of the earlier schedule and were sitting here at 7-0, then all we would need is a split and 11-1 would be there for the taking (along with a potential playoff spot). At worse, we would be a shoe-in for the sugar bowl at 11-1 (and possibly at 10-2).

We're not getting into the playoff at 10-2. Sorry, that's not happening. College football would have a mutiny if we got in with 2 losses. 2-loss Georgia or Alabama is not getting in, no way UK gets that kind of the benefit of the doubt.
You are probably correct but how many teams at 10-2 have defeated 2 of the top 3 teams in America? UK would possibly be in an unprecedented situation should that occur. There is still alot of football to be hashed out. Lets take care of our business and see what happens!
Go Cats!

Reactions: backinky2018
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT