ADVERTISEMENT

UK Fans

ALWAYS strive for MORE!!!!

NEVER be satisfied!!!

We are the GOLD STANDARD!!

This place is HARD!!

Don't come here and think it's going to be EASY!!!

Earned not given!!!!

Succeed and Proceed!!!

A lot of people on here have crap lives and are miserable and this is all they have. Sad but true.
Im Out GIF by Debby Ryan

Some of our fans are just sad! So negative. Never happy. Mad we didn’t cover the spread. Mad Sheppard didn’t start. Sad way to live that way.
Many of the loudest complainers are Kentucky haters lying about their motives — Louisville, Memphis, Indiana fans — just to stir up crap. Frauds and trolls.

Then the weak willed and those lacking in character fall for their nonsense and pile on.

Neither group is worthy of any respect. Both are sad sacks.

Negativity on this board has hit an all time high. I go to other UK sites and there is nowhere near the negativity on this board. Wonder why that is?
The hatred for Cal. And don't get me wrong, I've taken my shots at the man, including tonight. But I also give him praise when he does well (aka the OOB play tonight to beat the press). Some posters here though can't be objective.

The hatred for Cal. And don't get me wrong, I've taken my shots at the man, including tonight. But I also give him praise when he does well (aka the OOB play tonight to beat the press). Some posters here though can't be objective.
I think you are very right about the hatred for Cal blinding many posters here. And, I've taken my shots at him as well and tonight also while at the game. But, then I hear the players, after the game, giving lots of credit to the coaches and I think they should know better than the negative Nellies on this board.

I think you are very right about the hatred for Cal blinding many posters here. And, I've taken my shots at him as well and tonight also while at the game. But, then I hear the players, after the game, giving lots of credit to the coaches and I think they should know better than the negative Nellies on this board.
Don't get me wrong. Dude is still in my doghouse....and will be until he can make a deep tourney run. But I'm not so blind that I can't give Cal credit when he earns it.

Reactions: BC_Wader and ORCAT
Don't get me wrong. Dude is still in my doghouse....and will be until he can make a deep tourney run. But I'm not so blind that I can't give Cal credit when he earns it.
Agree with you 100%. I just get tired of the constant complainers who get upset if the wind is blowing 2 mph faster than they like, if you know what I mean.

It's message boards in general. There is no such thing as positivity unless there is absolutely nothing to complain about. An average poster will make 5 to 1 posts when mad than happy. Then you add in the old never happy people that are the main demo of message boards. You will never see a post like, "Reed only took 1 shot and still had a really positive affect on the game", it will always be "Reed only took 1 shot, Cal will never play him. Fire Cal"

How dumb are the guys in here? Posters who've been posting on this board for years, thousands of posts, thousands of ''likes''. Are secretly trolls who are trolling UK basketball fans? Is this real?

Reactions: Lukeslaw
Negativity on this board has hit an all time high. I go to other UK sites and there is nowhere near the negativity on this board. Wonder why that is?

There is something to be said for a paywall site. I but the bullet on one and I must say it makes a huge difference. There is a ton of info that doesn't make it to this board and a helluva lot less arguing.

That said, I must be a glutton for punishment because I always wind up back here. I've found the ignore button to be good here for the most part though.

Some of our fans are just sad! So negative. Never happy. Mad we didn’t cover the spread. Mad Sheppard didn’t start. Sad way to live that way.
I agree; Although... some fans may have money on our boys or honestly believe that Sheppard, with more time, appears to be gaining dependability as a better more reliable guard than others.
Its very much about how one chooses to look at it.
PERSPECTIVE

Reactions: dl51344
There is something to be said for a paywall site. I but the bullet on one and I must say it makes a huge difference. There is a ton of info that doesn't make it to this board and a helluva lot less arguing.

That said, I must be a glutton for punishment because I always wind up back here. I've found the ignore button to be good here for the most part though.
That' s funny. I get so tired of the arguing and especially the immature back and forth some posters do at one another that I compare to middle school behavior. But, like you, I keep coming back to this page daily to check on things. I do close out some threads quickly when they get way off topic and just start bashing each other or bashing the coach and players. That stuff gets real old. I think I currently only have on poster on ignore but maybe I should follow your advice and increase that number, lol.

Reactions: HagginHall1999
It's message boards in general. There is no such thing as positivity unless there is absolutely nothing to complain about. An average poster will make 5 to 1 posts when mad than happy. Then you add in the old never happy people that are the main demo of message boards. You will never see a post like, "Reed only took 1 shot and still had a really positive affect on the game", it will always be "Reed only took 1 shot, Cal will never play him. Fire Cal"
Pretty much this. I’ve been on various boards for sports, music, video games, wrestling, etc and they are all inherently negative. It’s much easier when you accept that’s what boards are, and gloss through it and find the convos you enjoy. Threads like this stir the pot.

Reactions: Lukeslaw
How dumb are the guys in here? Posters who've been posting on this board for years, thousands of posts, thousands of ''likes''. Are secretly trolls who are trolling UK basketball fans? Is this real?
Yes. The people actively participating in this thread are truly that dumb. Don't underestimate the amount of dumb some of these dudes can have. You've gotta have your daily "the fans are miserable. Their lives are void of anything but bitching about UK" thread. That's pretty dumb. And it lacks self-awareness.

And while I think about it, there is no positive side or negative side. They both spam the board with bitching. One bitches about Cal/UK basketball and the other bitches about fans. Fans lol.

Pretty much this. I’ve been on various boards for sports, music, video games, wrestling, etc and they are all inherently negative. It’s much easier when you accept that’s what boards are, and gloss through it and find the convos you enjoy. Threads like this stir the pot.
And they're all the same. Like they're made by the same guy, using a different name 🤔

I've done the paid sites before too, some are good. Often times they turn into an echo chamber though.

"This soup is good."
"I agree with you the soup is indeed good!"
"i agree with your agreement."

I've done the paid sites before too, some are good. Often times they turn into an echo chamber though.

"This soup is good."
"I agree with you the soup is indeed good!"
"i agree with your agreement."
Paid sites are echo chambers. There was a time that if you were negative on the HOB about Cal you were banned.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT