ADVERTISEMENT

Ugonna will play against UNC

Still need a backup center. Remember when we lost two starting PGs last year and some people lost their shit that we didn't have a 5-star PG just waiting on 3rd string?

It also wouldn't be the worst idea to give Bradshaw some rest when we can and play Ugonna. He is still coming off of the foot surgery.

This is amazing news and it really makes up for the NCAA (and UK admissions) screwing up the Big Z eligibility. Back in November, I never thought we'd have TWO bigs available before the new year.

Board went from complaining about guys out with injuries to complaining about the possible return of one lol
It doesn’t matter what Cal does or doesn’t do to the CHC.

They are definitely the boys that cry wolf.

We could go 38-2 this season and they will still hate.

They will find one bad play in an otherwise perfect game and go “look at what Cal did there!!”

If we get up 20 it’s Welch. If they cut to 19 it’s Cal’s fault.

They make for good comedy though.

He hasn’t played meaningful minutes in a game in damn near a year and you think his first game action should be an opponent like UNC?
Seems like he wasn’t practicing well before the injury- at least that was what one of the KSR folks were saying. Doubt he can do much more than play a couple minutes to give Bradshaw or Mitchell a break.

You don't make any sense. By your logic, Bradshaw shouldn't have played. Sorry. Stupid take.
Bradshaw was playing as of 4-5 months ago. His first two games were against UNCW and Penn. He probably could have seen action against Miami but didn’t. Your response to me makes no sense. Some of you guys seem to think UGO is all of a sudden a poor man’s AD. He was not good last year, he hasn’t played in a year but yeah sure let’s throw him in against UNC. Stick to whatever you’re knowledgeable about, basketball it’s not.

Possibly allows Brashaw and Tre to be a bit more aggressive. More fouls to give. I think I'm in the minority when I say Ugo aquitted himself rather well early last season. Problem was that we didn't see him after mid December. It's gotta be a positive he's returning.

Completely agree. People downplayed his limited performance last year.

Possibly allows Brashaw and Tre to be a bit more aggressive. More fouls to give. I think I'm in the minority when I say Ugo aquitted himself rather well early last season. Problem was that we didn't see him after mid December. It's gotta be a positive he's returning.
It all fits will take a few games but Ugo is a true rim protector and everyone else will be more aggressive on D. It will work

Bradshaw was playing as of 4-5 months ago. His first two games were against UNCW and Penn. He probably could have seen action against Miami but didn’t. Your response to me makes no sense. Some of you guys seem to think UGO is all of a sudden a poor man’s AD. He was not good last year, he hasn’t played in a year but yeah sure let’s throw him in against UNC. Stick to whatever you’re knowledgeable about, basketball it’s not.
He's a 7ft,240lb big that can lean on NC's big,and, AND only has to give us a few mins. You hyperbole much?

Honestly not sure we need him if Bradshaw keeps playing like this.
Maybe not but it’s always good to have some depth for foul trouble. The main issue is Cal not forcing all 3 big men out at once. We need to run smaller when we can now. Unless we are getting thrashed on the boards or need more rim protection to switch it up. Ugonna should play very little.

He's a 7ft,240lb er big that can lean on NC's big,and, AND only has to give us a few mins. You hyperbole much?
His last meaningful action was Jan .7 at Alabama. 11 minutes in a 26 point loss. 4 pts/4 boards/1 block. Perhaps you have forgotten how incredibly slow his footwork is. Any decent Big scored on him with ease last year. I hope he has improved immensely from last year but it’s not likely. Honestly be very surprised to see him on the floor against UNC. Louisville much better game to get him broken into the rotation, even for just a few minutes, which I still don’t think he will be a big part of unless he has improved quite a bit.

Reactions: jsturner50
His last meaningful action was Jan .7 at Alabama. 11 minutes in a 26 point loss. 4 pts/4 boards/1 block. Perhaps you have forgotten how incredibly slow his footwork is. Any decent Big scored on him with ease last year. I hope he has improved immensely from last year but it’s not likely. Honestly be very surprised to see him on the floor against UNC. Louisville much better game to get him broken into the rotation, even for just a few minutes, which I still don’t think he will be a big part of unless he has improved quite a bit.
Sounds bout right. And?

Reactions: chattanoogawildcat
UNC is NOT the right game to bring Ugonna back. Chemistry will likely be an issue and against a team like UNC, we could easily lose.
Guys, nobody is suggesting 25 minutes . Just some garbage time to rest the others. And let Bogot know he is leaning on him. Could have been a difference maker against Kansas...if hust for 6-8 minutes.

Guys, nobody is suggesting 25 minutes . Just some garbage time to rest the others. And let Bogot know he is leaning on him. Could have been a difference maker against Kansas...if hust for 6-8 minutes.
Garbage time, lol!! Garbage time is reserved for the last few minutes when the game is already decided. You are suggesting 3-4 minutes per half. What could possibly happen in 3-4 minutes? See today’s game for an example. 3-4 minutes can result in a 10 - 15 point swing quickly. Such a swing can be the difference in a W vs a L.

UGO is not athletic and hasn’t played in a game in a year. You want a post to laugh at, reread your own.
He's a body for a breather and foul relief, and he is a more natural shot blocker than Bradshaw (but it's early for Bradshaw). Just having three of these guys on the bench for spot minutes to protect Bradshaw from fouls and exhaustion will be reason enough to have them back.

6 months ago Cal sucked because this kid was in the portal. Now that he might play, Cal sucks because he might play. Everyone needs to make up their minds.
Sorry, but you will never find me saying anything positive about UGO. I don’t think he’s that good at all. I was fine with him transferring and he probably should have.

I'll be honest, I'm not sure how he fits in with this team. He can certainly add some rim protection, but I'm worried he'll clog up the lane on offense. With Bradshaw playing like he did today, he probably won't see more than 10 mins/game.
I wouldn’t worry

Reactions: grevey35
SMH. I’m just assuming now this game is a loss. Which is crazy considering just 8 days ago I would have said we would win by 15+.

If there was going to be another center thrown in the rotation it needed to be Big Z since he’s mobile and can play outside the paint.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT