ADVERTISEMENT

Ugo Onyenso Workout

realistically what do we need from ony next year if hes playing 25 plus mins

Yeah these videos don't do much for me anymore, they ain't gonna make videos of these guys sucking..lol.

Glad he's working hard. He has a high ceiling, but will be limited in our offense.

Did Lance Ware know he could do this (work on shooting and post moves) in the off season?

He's slow. And that's not going to fly against other size. Maybe against a Wheeler where he can just play keep away. But you're not getting major minutes with a gather and shooting form that slow.
With a Guard or SF that's a very important point. But not so much with a frontcourt player, is it? If you don't have multiple guys on the floor at the same time (maybe even 4) that you'd rather be taking a perimeter shot, then you probably have a terribly constructed roster. I would guess Onyenso should only be taking 3-pt. shots when wide open and with plenty of space (kind of like Wheeler began doing near the end of his playing at UK). In that case accuracy is going to be the important factor, rather than ability to get the shot off quickly.

Last edited:
Reactions: dl51344
With a Guard or SF that's a very important point. But not so much with a frontcourt player, is it? If you don't have multiple guys on the floor at the same time (maybe even 4) that you'd rather be taking a perimeter shot, then you probably have a terribly constructed roster. I would guess Onyenso should only be taking 3-pt. shots when wide open and with plenty of space (kind of like Wheeler began doing near the end of his playing at UK). In that case accuracy is going to be the important factor, rather than ability to get the shot off quickly.
IMO he needs to demonstrate in his workout videos that he's getting FASTER. Oscar was a monster underneath the basket but was turnover prone because he was slow and brought the ball down low enough to have it stripped. Maybe this is a staffing issue? Why aren't they addressing this?

IMO he needs to demonstrate in his workout videos that he's getting FASTER. Oscar was a monster underneath the basket but was turnover prone because he was slow and brought the ball down low enough to have it stripped. Maybe this is a staffing issue? Why aren't they addressing this?
I see. I misunderstood. I thought you were saying it was really important for Onyenso to have a quicker perimeter shot (which, of course, is better), and I thought maybe that particular thing wasn't high on the priority list for him.

Reactions: NociHTTP
He's slow. And that's not going to fly against other size. Maybe against a Wheeler where he can just play keep away. But you're not getting major minutes with a gather and shooting form that slow.
Given the roster, it doesn't matter his shooting form. That guy is getting major minutes next season.

Given the roster, it doesn't matter his shooting form. That guy is getting major minutes next season.
My point was that on most teams he's not getting many minutes with his current status. And on this roster unless those guys around him are shooting lights out, they are going to sag off them and he's going to get exposed and eat some leather.

I see. I misunderstood. I thought you were saying it was really important for Onyenso to have a quicker perimeter shot (which, of course, is better), and I thought maybe that particular thing wasn't high on the priority list for him.
Lol I do not want Ugonna on the perimeter. He needs to be ripping the net off the rim.

Reactions: Fox2monk and G-PIP
I mean 7 footers aren't usually known for being speedsters.
Of course not but guys like AD, Nerlens, and WCS we very Fluid, even Richards moved gracefully. He just didn’t have hands his first 2 years. Ugo looks too mechanical and robotic when he moves. Granted those other guys were top 10 talents/lotto picks.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Shot looks good. Frame is filling out. Wife shoulders. Lots of muscle definition. Like to see him working on posts moves. Drop steps. Shooting the ball over both shoulders.

Reactions: W1LDCAT22
Shot looks good. Frame is filling out. Wife shoulders. Lots of muscle definition. Like to see him working on posts moves. Drop steps. Shooting the ball over both shoulders.
If only you were on the staff. You seem to know alot about it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT