ADVERTISEMENT

UF depth chart out…no CRod as expected

Just got through watching the game thinks to BWO for posting the game. We have some really good young guys playing this year. My question and sorry if it as been asked. Was there any injuries from Sat. game that will keep someone from playing Fla. ?

Reactions: UKUGA
Just got through watching the game thinks to BWO for posting the game. We have some really good young guys playing this year. My question and sorry if it as been asked. Was there any injuries from Sat. game that will keep someone from playing Fla. ?
Does not appear that way if you scan the depth chart. Just suspensions (ie Wright and Rodriguez).

McClain was hurt, looked like knee, and I wouldn't expect him back, Jefferson also went out after 2 carries with an unknown injury, unsure on him.

Reactions: westerncat
- What a complete F%#((ing mess.

1. We saw Horsey at LT in the bowl game...he was overmatched w/o question. So why we had all this time to get a tackle spot solidified....Goodwin ain't ready, Wohlbaugh...nope, Deandre Buford in his 3rd year ain't ready...so we revert back to Horsey.
2. By moving Horsey...you also now take a solid guard and move in an unproved guard...and Jager Burton was nearly as bad as Wohlbaugh....so now 2 spots are up in the air instead of 1 spot.
3. So now to the guard spot....Jager may be fine in time...but in his 2nd year....we don't need to lean on him for starting spot right now. So WTH is John Young been doing for 3 years, if Buford is too short for tackle...why aren't we grooming him for guard? All these OLine that have been here and we're in this predicament...it's a failure on Schlarman, Wolford and now Yenser....and the strength and conditioning program to a degree.
4. The Oline will lose 4-5 games this year if this is the solutions.....it's a damn shame we finally get a QB after a decade under Stoops along with 3 damn good WR and the Oline is going to spit the bit.

I'm not even going to launch on CROd and Jordan Wright girly ass suspensions. This has Mitch's top button finger prints all over it. Why we are suspended kids for fake time sheets in an era where NIL deals can be morphed out of thin air for absolutely no real work is beyond me. Oscar Tswheibe gets $2M and he did extra shoots in Bahamas....but hardly $2M worth of time....yet that is all good but 2 seniors are being held out of one of top 3 biggest games of year after sitting out the opener.....just so damn silly considering what Tenn, Louisville, USC gobbling up kids with NIL $$$, Texas AM/Bama basically called each other cheaters for years past in the media, etc...yet Mitch is going to pull this BS on our program....pure absurdity.

1. We saw Horsey at LT in the bowl game...he was overmatched w/o question. So why we had all this time to get a tackle spot solidified....Goodwin ain't ready, Wohlbaugh...nope, Deandre Buford in his 3rd year ain't ready...so we revert back to Horsey.
2. By moving Horsey...you also now take a solid guard and move in an unproved guard...and Jager Burton was nearly as bad as Wohlbaugh....so now 2 spots are up in the air instead of 1 spot.
3. So now to the guard spot....Jager may be fine in time...but in his 2nd year....we don't need to lean on him for starting spot right now. So WTH is John Young been doing for 3 years, if Buford is too short for tackle...why aren't we grooming him for guard? All these OLine that have been here and we're in this predicament...it's a failure on Schlarman, Wolford and now Yenser....and the strength and conditioning program to a degree.
4. The Oline will lose 4-5 games this year if this is the solutions.....it's a damn shame we finally get a QB after a decade under Stoops along with 3 damn good WR and the Oline is going to spit the bit.

I'm not even going to launch on CROd and Jordan Wright girly ass suspensions. This has Mitch's top button finger prints all over it. Why we are suspended kids for fake time sheets in an era where NIL deals can be morphed out of thin air for absolutely no real work is beyond me. Oscar Tswheibe gets $2M and he did extra shoots in Bahamas....but hardly $2M worth of time....yet that is all good but 2 seniors are being held out of one of top 3 biggest games of year after sitting out the opener.....just so damn silly considering what Tenn, Louisville, USC gobbling up kids with NIL $$$, Texas AM/Bama basically called each other cheaters for years past in the media, etc...yet Mitch is going to pull this BS on our program....pure absurdity.
Feel better now?

Id say CRod is just behind Levis as our 2nd most important offensive player.
What about Jordan Wright? In your opinion where does he fall in the defensive pecking order?

Reactions: jauk11
Nope....was hoping for a huge year. Now it's going down the drain. This plan to move Horsey to LT ain't going to work. We've seen it fail already. Why are we reverting to it again?
Im with you K time its demoralizing to see C Rod and Wright suspended for Florida but….
We still may have just enough to squeak by and then we have 2 very winnable games at home then hopefully we get them both back at Ole Miss.
Fingers crossed.

I hate that we're thin but I am excited to see what Lavell Wright can do with some playing time, I think he can be a good one. Loved his block late in the game to give Will time for a long throw.
Don't disagree but going on the road in the SEC with only two healthy RBs is not conducive for success.

Horsey to LT isn't good. As another poster noted he was not good in the bowl game. PFF had Jager rated #2 overall for performance so those missed stunts must not have been his fault. Still disappointing and no way we resch our full potential with horsey out there. He'll need TE help all season which takes a dynamic playmaker out.

Really disappointing.

Stoops says Ramon Jefferson is out for several weeks.

Big blow imo because in very limited carries he showed some zone vision that smoke just doesn't have. Wright will be the focal point till crod comes back imo.

Smoke has really nice measurables. He just needs a gap scheme

Clutch under 7.5 win bet. Will lessen the pain. Hopefully Stoopsy is trying to game the 167 members of the Florida coaching staff. He’ll unleash the beasts come Saturday. Wright and C-Rod to play!

Last edited:
Don't disagree but going on the road in the SEC with only two healthy RBs is not conducive for success.
For a team that doesnt have a stud QB and big time pass catchers Id agree.
UK does not fall into that “CAT”egory.

Stoops said after watching film, Burton played a very good game. Said he made one mistake that allowed a hurry but he played well and will get better with experience.

I just understand why we have to suspend him more than one game? Bamas DC got a DUI and didn’t miss a game. Most SEC teams have players do just as bad and don’t suspend them. Why does UK have to handcuff themselves?

I hate that we're thin but I am excited to see what Lavell Wright can do with some playing time, I think he can be a good one. Loved his block late in the game to give Will time for a long throw.
I agree. I know its coach speak but next man up. These guys were recruited for their talent now let's see what they can do. This adversity early may pay off as the season goes along. Gives guys a chance to get experience and helps build the roster by doing so. I know Florida won't be an easy task but they aren't Alabama or Georgia. They aren't the old Steve Spurrier/Urban Meyer Florida either.

Stoops also said since today is a holiday he has no new updates on the suspensions. I took that to mean the depth chart doesn't reflect any new information. It's still based on last weeks suspension information. Hopefully, we still get at least one of them back for Florida.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT