ADVERTISEMENT

UCONN

It's kind of weird the discussion on here about blueblood not blueblood

Ask Uconn fans if they give one damn about that kind of stuff while they are enjoying all of the titles they have been winning post 2000.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood2.0
It's kind of weird the discussion on here about blueblood not blueblood

Ask Uconn fans if they give one damn about that kind of stuff while they are enjoying all of the titles they have been winning post 2000.
Just annoying hearing that crap. ''ARE THEY A NEW BLUEBLOOD''??? Just grates my eyes when I read it.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I know what you are saying, but you can do it the other way as well. Prior to 1999, UK had 7 titles to UConn's 0.
Then the question is becomes is todays college basketball landscape harder than it was before the 2000’s. I don’t know the answer to that. But still having almost 6 titles since 1999 is a great accomplishment. Kentucky has one under Cal in his 16 year coaching career at UK

I mean if they win a championship then they will be tied with UNC for the third most. Also why is Kentucky still considered a blue blood if they’ve only won 1 championships since 1998?
You are missing the definition of blueblood. A lot of people use it interchangeably these days with “elite programs” or “top 5 programs” etc. but that’s not the root definition of the word.

50 more years of sustained success and they will be considered a blueblood by everyone. But currently they’ve only been relevant for 1/4 of CBB history….that isn’t what blueblood means. The longer the history of CBB goes on, the less the 1940-1990 takes up on the overall timeline of the sport and everyone alive will remember UConn as a historically great (been great their entire lives) program. Currently anyone over 35 recalls a time UConn was a nobody

That said, they are a top 5 program and they are the best program of the modern era.

Last edited:
I would say modern day blue blood, but yeah, they are an elite basketball destination program.

Nobody gives a flat f8ck about who was elite when USSR was around. UL was elite then and so was Indiana.

Elite before the internet amounts to fly shit on frog's ass.

It literally doesn't do us any good.

"Don't call Uconn elite...history...they haven't been around long enough" sounds about like "don't invest in Amazon, or google, or bitcoin...they haven't been around"

Yeah but how many UCONN players are in the NBA?? Get back to me when they rule draft night,#whywedothis

Can you think what Hurley could have done with the UK team this year with him coaching. We just did not have the good big man that Uconn has.

UNC - 3 since 2000
Duke- 3 since 2000
Kansas- 2 since 2000
UCONN- 4 since 2000
Kentucky - 1 since 2000

UCONN should be considered a blue blood
Sucks for you that nobody sees it your way no matter how hard you try to belittle UK. Dan Patrick is as good as they get and he said the other day that it doesn't matter how many titles Ucon wins, nobody tunes in to watch them lose and never will wheras people literally drop everything to watch UK, hoping they'll lose.

But by all means, ware yourself out from the West end of Louisville on a Saturday night.

I would say modern day blue blood, but yeah, they are an elite basketball destination program.

Nobody gives a flat f8ck about who was elite when USSR was around. UL was elite then and so was Indiana.

Elite before the internet amounts to fly shit on frog's ass.

It literally doesn't do us any good.

"Don't call Uconn elite...history...they haven't been around long enough" sounds about like "don't invest in Amazon, or google, or bitcoin...they haven't been around"
So it’s a requirement to be elite after the internet?! Lmfao okay.

UConn is setting up a dynasty in men's hoops. Meanwhile, Cal is comfy in his recliner with his dogs and little house on the prairie Blu-ray boxed sets.

Sucks for you that nobody sees it your way no matter how hard you try to belittle UK. Dan Patrick is as good as they get and he said the other day that it doesn't matter how many titles Ucon wins, nobody tunes in to watch them lose and never will wheras people literally drop everything to watch UK, hoping they'll lose.

But by all means, ware yourself out from the West end of Louisville on a Saturday night.
I understand that but why is it that these other blue blood programs have won more than 1 title since 2000 but Kentucky hasn’t? Kentucky is obviously a blue blood no question about it..

At this rate, about two years.

Some people used to say that about UK when CM Newton was sitting in the big chair. I don't know if Mitch had single thing to do with it, but our path wasn't exactly bad this year. It just turns out we have a **** for brains coach.
We had a very nice path this year. We just didn't capitalize on it. Thanks Cal.😡

Reactions: FirewithFire
I’d rather Kentucky not be considered a blue blood if it meant winning like UCONN has since 1999.

That makes 3 titles Cal lost do to free throws. You'd think it sink in through even THAT think of a skull by now.

Well I'm talking actual national title games.

'97 Arizona
'14 UConn

Assuming you are referring to Cal at Mempiss?

We lost those games above at the foul line... literally. Worst thing ever. We'd have 10 titles right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT