ADVERTISEMENT

U.S. OPEN: Pinehurst No. 2

Bryson drove the ball awful today. But made amazing recovery shots. Rory has got to be sick. Two shot lead and let it slip away.

Ran my mouth?

I said Bryson was lucky and you went into hysterics.

What a little bitch
Not really. I think if it doesn’t hit the guy Bryson probably gets a drop from behind grandstands. May have actually cost him. I’m a little surprised he didn’t get one anyway.

Reactions: Cold Stout Beer
Not really. I think if it doesn’t hit the guy Bryson probably gets a drop from behind grandstands. May have actually cost him. I’m a little surprised he didn’t get one anyway.

Dude's a hot mess. He think's Bryson is gay just because he's not dumb enough to get married until he wants to. Sounds like jealousy to me.

Dude's a hot mess. He think's Bryson is gay just because he's not dumb enough to get married until he wants to. Sounds like jealousy to me.
I don’t care for Bryson or Rory. But that wasn’t a break he got there. He could have hit that root and ball could have gone anywhere. He got it done. Rory has no one to blame but himself.

Reactions: bigbluedon
Rory replaced the meltdown at Augusta with a bigger choke job today. Those were not gimme putts but you could just look at his face and tell he was going to melt to the pressure. Guy has a ton of self doubt. Crazy seeing great players like him Spieth and others develop scar tissue to the point where they melt at majors now. Love him or hate him, Bryson is entertaining as hell.

Rory replaced the meltdown at Augusta with a bigger choke job today. Those were not gimme putts but you could just look at his face and tell he was going to melt to the pressure. Guy has a ton of self doubt. Crazy seeing great players like him Spieth and others develop scar tissue to the point where they melt at majors now. Love him or hate him, Bryson is entertaining as hell.

He's must see TV. I'm not even a fan of his but am a fan of having some fun while watching golf. He provides great drama.

Reactions: Bluefield88
Literally my only two outrights I picked this week. Cantlay would’ve been nice, but I thank Rory for the $1100. He doesn’t need it but I sure do.

Rory replaced the meltdown at Augusta with a bigger choke job today. Those were not gimme putts but you could just look at his face and tell he was going to melt to the pressure. Guy has a ton of self doubt. Crazy seeing great players like him Spieth and others develop scar tissue to the point where they melt at majors now. Love him or hate him, Bryson is entertaining as hell

Reminds me of Faldo. The British press labeled him Foldo Faldo but the guy did go on to win 6 majors. Doubtful Rory will equal that mark.

Last edited:
Johnson Wagner just went out there in the dark and tried that bunker shot and hit it to two feet. Bryson was there with him and Wagner asked him if he could hold the cup. Bryson happily obliged. 🤣

Bryson has done a 180 in popularity.

I'll admit, I like watching him now and how he interacts with the crowd.

Reactions: bbonds
I understood Rory waiting on a couple of Bryson's shots before playing his but not that last one on 18. Why are you worried where Bryson is driving on 18 when you have to get up and down for par to even have a chance? That just seemed like a decision you make when playing not to lose.

Thought it was a great Sunday for golf. Watched all day Sat and Sun. IDC if Bryson is goofy, he's a hell of a golfer and fun to watch.

Rory seems like a good guy but I have always pulled against Euro's in general and to see an American beat him in the US Open was pretty awesome. Its funny how these Euro's all come to the US for the fame and money but act like total bitches at the RC and yet want me to fanboy for them? Not happening.

I hope we all agree Brandel Chamblee sucks all the d's. Anthony Kim gets it. Now Paige does, too.

Paige Spiranac torches Brandel Chamblee over ‘hatred’ of Bryson DeChambeau at US Open​

Paige Spiranac wasn’t happy with NBC golf analyst Brandel Chamblee’s comments about Bryson DeChambeau after the LIV Golf star won his second U.S. Open on Sunday.

“Brandel saying ‘good fortune’ is why Bryson won the US Open is wild,” the golf influencer wrote in a post on X. “Doesn’t even try to hide his hatred for him. Smh.”

DeChambeau, the 2020 U.S. Open champion at Winged Foot Golf Club in New York, sat down with Chamblee for an interview after the major concluded at Pinehurst No. 2 in North Carolina, and the two seemed cordial and in good spirits.

https://nypost.com/2024/06/17/sports/paige-spiranac-torches-brandel-chamblee-for-us-open-coverage/

That one on 16 was as gimme as it gets for those guys. Two feet straight in firm. It even looked like he was aiming left from the naked eye on tv, strange.

The one on 18 no right handed putter in the history of golf enjoys. US open on the line or not.

Rory had a Doug Sanders moment. Like Doug, he may never live it down. Neither Nicklaus nor Woods would ever miss that putt in crunch time. There’s great, and there’s truly great. Nicklaus and Woods were truly great

I feel for Rory. Maybe he’ll surprise me and win more majors, but the pressure is probably too much

I thought he was pretty complimentary of him to be honest.

He said the right things as far as what shots Bryson hit and IDK if that's complimentary because those were great shots regardless of who took them. I think it's having to put it as a "touch of fate" or "good fortune" when Bryson has been playing this different form of golf that often times lands him in trouble and he's maybe the best on the planet of either powering through thick rough to hit some ridiculous shot or like yesterday, winning a major after missing almost every fairway during the final round.

Anthony Kim has been way more direct at him and I'm here for it. Brandel just has that punchability and not sure he can ever change that with me.

Rory will win a couple more.

Man, IDK about this now. I was sure Spieth would be back by now but seems like this could be something for Rory that really messes his head up further. like it did for Spieth choking on Sun at the Masters. Rory looked like his soul left his body watching Bryson from the scorer's table.

Thought Brandel was fine. Paul McGinley who never won anything of importance (outside the Ryder Cup) is annoying as it gets.

Reactions: Chasecat1
Rory is 35, Phil won a few after that age. Still plenty of time to grab a couple. JMO

Rory will be back, and he WILL win another major. He is just too talented. His driving is something that just amazes me. He is as accurate with the driver as anyone ever. His approach game is what causes him issues. I know the missed putts essentially done him in, but that is not normal.

Rory had a Doug Sanders moment. Like Doug, he may never live it down. Neither Nicklaus nor Woods would ever miss that putt in crunch time. There’s great, and there’s truly great. Nicklaus and Woods were truly great

I feel for Rory. Maybe he’ll surprise me and win more majors, but the pressure is probably too much
I thought about Doug Sanders as well.

I got a bad feeling when they kept saying Rory was looking back to see what Bryson was doing.

Thought Brandel was fine. Paul McGinley who never won anything of importance (outside the Ryder Cup) is annoying as it gets.

I didn't think Brandel was fine, he said some stuff that should be reserved for off camera. I don't like LIV either, and Bryson pushes the envelope with some of the equipment changes, but he does love the game.

I didn't think Brandel was fine, he said some stuff that should be reserved for off camera. I don't like LIV either, and Bryson pushes the envelope with some of the equipment changes, but he does love the game.
What I would like to see is Brandel say the things he says negative or down right disrespectful about players, while they are standing next to him doing the interview. He has no room to talk about someone else's golf game to begin with. If not for broadcasting, his ass would be non existent. Shitty PRO golfer, even shittier announcer.

he had ONE PGA tour win, 1 Korn Ferry. His best US Open finish was a tied for 44th. Missed the cut in ALL PGA championships he played in (4), T18th in the Masters, and best finish in The Open was T62nd. he has NO room to talk shit about tour pros.

What I would like to see is Brandel say the things he says negative or down right disrespectful about players, while they are standing next to him doing the interview. He has no room to talk about someone else's golf game to begin with. If not for broadcasting, his ass would be non existent. Shitty PRO golfer, even shittier announcer.

he had ONE PGA tour win, 1 Korn Ferry. His best US Open finish was a tied for 44th. Missed the cut in ALL PGA championships he played in (4), T18th in the Masters, and best finish in The Open was T62nd. he has NO room to talk shit about tour pros.

You're a dumbass. If "winning" was the main criteria for announcers/commentators/journalists/etc.....then most would be out of a job.

Chamblee played in over 350 tour events and was a 3 time AA at Texas. He had 64 events where he was top 25. He knows the game ...period. You think Bones has more golf insight than he does?

I guess Tirico, Gannon, and others need to look for a new gig.

You're a dumbass. If "winning" was the main criteria for announcers/commentators/journalists/etc.....then most would be out of a job.

Chamblee played in over 350 tour events and was a 3 time AA at Texas. He had 64 events where he was top 25. He knows the game ...period. You think Bones has more golf insight than he does?

I guess Tirico, Gannon, and others need to look for a new gig.
EAD. He talks shit about the players like he is / was better than they are. Hell several players have played a ton of events, and I never said winning was the main criteria. But coming from such a harsh critic, I would take him more serious if he had the cred to back it up. FN Charles Barkley never won a championship, but when he criticizes a player, he has EARNED the right to do so. I also didn't see Tirico or Gannon harshly criticize Bryson (which is what I had issue with, not whether or not Chamblee was a good tour pro) like Chamblee did. As usual you have to be different than anyone else. And as usually, you are dead ass wrong. Now run along and go hug Chamblee's Pro V's.
But I will tell you this, YOU need a new gig, message board debates based on actual facts is about like Brandel Chamblee's PGA career. Just a regular ole Joe who thinks mediocrity somehow makes you smarter than everyone in the room. When in all actuality, you both suck at what you are TRYING to do. Just like you at message boarding, he sucks at golf commentary and uses shock value to get attention. Also, both of you would not be as critical if someone you was bad mouthing, was standing beside you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT