ADVERTISEMENT

U.S. Halts J & J COVID Shots

Has it ever occurred to you that Fauci is not a policitician and he has the most critical job in the federal govt right now. So tell me, how would you conduct your job as the leading infectious disease expert in the US govt? Disagree with him if you want, but stop pretending to be something you aren’t (intelligent about pandemics)
Fixed what you had in parentheses
Moneymuff, Fauci has contradicted himself from the very beginning with all of this and has also not practiced what he has been preaching.

Boston84 who are you calling people unintelligent? You can't even find a respectable job that pays the bills. I could own your MOM!

You are both sheep.

What is our goal currently with regards to COVID 19 and what are we basing a return to normal activity on?
I want to return to normalcy soon. I am hopeful once we get everyone vaccinated who wants it, we can stop the masks, limits on capacity, etc. Most places, are frankly operating as normal even if not “legal” to do so.

Again, it is not Fauci’s job to implement policy or mandate his recommendations. His job is to make recommendations to the administration from a scientific perspective. He is not an expert on the economy, on mental health, etc. It is the responsibility of the president and the governors to assess all of the factors and determine when we can go back to normal. If we get into the middle of the summer and things aren’t trending toward reduced restrictions, I will turn on Biden and the Governors, but not Fauci.

I want to return to normalcy soon. I am hopeful once we get everyone vaccinated who wants it, we can stop the masks, limits on capacity, etc. Most places, are frankly operating as normal even if not “legal” to do so.

Again, it is not Fauci’s job to implement policy or mandate his recommendations. His job is to make recommendations to the administration from a scientific perspective. He is not an expert on the economy, on mental health, etc. It is the responsibility of the president and the governors to assess all of the factors and determine when we can go back to normal. If we get into the middle of the summer and things aren’t trending toward reduced restrictions, I will turn on Biden and the Governors, but not Fauci.
Actually, yes, Fauci has been making recommendations on public policy, which is the problem. His job is to give data but trump enabled him early on and the media latched on to it and empowered him.

Moneymuff, Fauci has contradicted himself from the very beginning with all of this and has also not practiced what he has been preaching.

Boston84 who are you calling people unintelligent? You can't even find a respectable job that pays the bills. I could own your MOM!

You are both sheep.
Lol, you can call me names, it just shows your character. I’m trying to have an honest discussion, but you don’t have any facts so you want to resort to being a child.

Do I think Fauci is always right, absolutely not. Does he make mistakes, I’m sure he does. You gotta think, he has a staff and doesn’t operate in a vacuum. His information is going to evolve over time. I think your hatred for him is largely a projection of how you’d be in his position because you probably have an unimportant job and feel undervalued.

The thing about Federal civil servants (and why I’m quick to defend Fauci) is that we don’t do it for the money, but rather a sense of purpose. If Fauci was the savage you claim he is, he could be making millions a year with his expertise and connections. Instead he’s spent 40 years at NIH never making more than probably $200k a year. I believe it’s okay to question his decisions, but not his motive. He’s contributed way more to this country than just his involvement on COVID the last year.

Actually, yes, Fauci has been making recommendations on public policy, which is the problem. His job is to give data but trump enabled him early on and the media latched on to it and empowered him.
He should be making recommendations on public policy, but last I checked he hasn’t written a bill, signed an executive order, or issued mandates. Making policy recommendations is part of being on an agency staff.

You are both sheep.
lol look at this clown, can't even get his facts correct.

You probably get cucked and pegged by your wife on the reg.

That's one of the main roles of his position as the Director of The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. It's an advisory position. The whole purpose of the position is to do APPLIED research to help prevent, treat, and diagnose diseases like COVID. What do you think applied means?

Reactions: MoneyMuntz

That’s great but Ohio was open to everyone end of March, Biden said anyone in America April 19th, so then when do you think a good date should be?

Reactions: Girthang
Prolonging the pandemic is what happens when people don’t socially distance, don’t wear a mask, don’t get vaccinated, etc. I’m not passing judgment bc I’m just as guilty, but people like Fauci are actually trying to end the pandemic by stopping the spread so that we can actually return safely to our normal lives. It’s his job to raise caution and pass on the science. It’s our politicians job to weigh all variables for policy, and it’s our job to listen, or not listen, and the latter will continue to extend our time under the pandemic.

Why are you asking me?

I’m just trying to decipher your word salad you initially posted to try and figure out what in the hell the goal of this is. Most people that post on this board are completely over the restrictions. You seem more in the middle so I’m trying to understand your viewpoint of what we’re waiting for and if it’s actually based on a goal here. The hospitals aren’t overwhelmed, the ICUs are fine, death is down. What are we waiting on to end this thing? You literally said if we don’t listen to politicians it will prolong our time under the pandemic. Until what? What variable will prolong it and what metric will end it?

Fauci helped create the lab in Wuhan. He has been all in on this virus from it's beginning. He helped create it. His agenda is far bigger than helping you get back to normalcy.

I’m just trying to decipher your word salad you initially posted to try and figure out what in the hell the goal of this is. Most people that post on this board are completely over the restrictions. You seem more in the middle so I’m trying to understand your viewpoint of what we’re waiting for and if it’s actually based on a goal here. The hospitals aren’t overwhelmed, the ICUs are fine, death is down. What are we waiting on to end this thing? You literally said if we don’t listen to politicians it will prolong our time under the pandemic. Until what? What variable will prolong it and what metric will end it?
I’m just as over the restrictions as everyone else. I basically operate as the pandemic doesn’t exist, except where I am required to. I think I said somewhere above that I think when people are fully vaccinated they should be able to do what they want. I also said that when everyone who wants to be vaccinated, is vaccinated in July, I will turn on the administration as well if we aren’t lifting restrictions, because there’s really nothing left to do. The fact is that there are still a lot of infected individuals and that unvaxxed people can still catch the disease and die. I am okay with a rolling return to normal rather than just flipping the switch. Restrictions are being lifted all over this country. My home state of Ohio is basically normal, or the bars and restaurants operate as though they are. Virginia where I live now is also getting closer. The point that I’ve been consistently trying to make is that I don’t think Fauci has malicious intent and these conspiracy theories are ridiculous.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
Prolonging the pandemic is what happens when people don’t socially distance, don’t wear a mask, don’t get vaccinated, etc. I’m not passing judgment bc I’m just as guilty, but people like Fauci are actually trying to end the pandemic by stopping the spread so that we can actually return safely to our normal lives. It’s his job to raise caution and pass on the science. It’s our politicians job to weigh all variables for policy, and it’s our job to listen, or not listen, and the latter will continue to extend our time under the pandemic.
The plan was never to return back to normal, how things were back in 2018

That's one of the main roles of his position as the Director of The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. It's an advisory position. The whole purpose of the position is to do APPLIED research to help prevent, treat, and diagnose diseases like COVID. What do you think applied means?
He’s making recomendstion on policy that impacts the economy. That’s not his job.

What a terrible mistake to pause. Increasing trust in the mrna vaccines has stopped and trust in the jnj vaccine has plummeted. Awful.

Lol at the person to ignorant enough to comprehend what that person typed. I know you won't read it again because you didn't bother the first time.

I had the J&J shot one week ago. I am not sure if it is coincident or what, but I have had muscle aches for the last several months, been tested 3 or 4 times for the vid, and all negative. My wife works in the ER and had covid in November, and I never isolated, slept in the same bed, and everything. About Tuesday of this week, feeling great and the muscle aches are almost gone. Like I said, not sure if it is related or not. BTW, I had zero side effects after the shot.

If it did that for you, that's freakin awesome! Congrats!

What a terrible mistake to pause. Increasing trust in the mrna vaccines has stopped and trust in the jnj vaccine has plummeted. Awful.

None of what they do makes any sense. Only one woman died of the 7 that had blood clots and they pause that one. It's all been pretty capricious from day one.

Oh boy. We got a live one here.

Good God...

That's pretty weak of you. At least you got back to posting links to the media.

Have you read a vaccine insert? Have you read the official ruling as to whether this is approved or is an experimental approved for emergency use only? Do you work in the industry or have contacts in the industry?

I love how people quote one gov organization that doesn't have the same data and then say another one that does is a lie. Cherry pickin. Then the ignore the orgs that admit their protocol was flawed and quote the media that haven't updated their data to reflect the admitted flaws in the protocol.

Yes. You have a living breathing person here and not a clueless mark. I know what cycle rates mean to a PCR test. I speak to people in the industry on the regular. I'm putting out information. You can choose to be offended or you can read it for content and check it with the sources of that info.

Go get an insert for one of the mRNA shots. Post it here to show us what it says. You won't because your FOS.

Show us where the VAERS is a farce and doesnt exist. Show us they don't have any criteria for accepting events or rejecting them. Show us they haven't had 10k per month since shots started being given in the US in mid December.

We won't hold our breath.

Gonna ask for those who think about such things logically-

Do you want to see the white paper, the original peer review for the PCR test protocol? I'll post a link if you want to see it. Same for interview of the retired Pfizer VP. Lmk

Ah... there's the TDSplaining...

Either Fauci is a complete idiot or he's doing this for a reason other than science. No two ways about it.

Read his OWN research papers on the Spanish flu.

Listen to doctors that have actually continued to do APLLIED science by treating patients and researching effects of medicines.

Listen to people that have worked in the industry at the highest levels that have no skin in the game now except their hard-earned reputation.

The level of gullibility and ostriching after the "two weeks to stop the spread" turned into THIS is mortifying. Maybe the people really do need to be told not to use the hair dryer while taking a shower...

• Love
Reactions: kyeric and sefus12

Have you read a vaccine insert? Have you read the official ruling as to whether this is approved or is an experimental approved for emergency use only? Do you work in the industry or have contacts in the industry?

I love how people quote one gov organization that doesn't have the same data and then say another one that does is a lie. Cherry pickin. Then the ignore the orgs that admit their protocol was flawed and quote the media that haven't updated their data to reflect the admitted flaws in the protocol.

Yes. You have a living breathing person here and not a clueless mark. I know what cycle rates mean to a PCR test. I speak to people in the industry on the regular. I'm putting out information. You can choose to be offended or you can read it for content and check it with the sources of that info.

Go get an insert for one of the mRNA shots. Post it here to show us what it says. You won't because your FOS.

Show us where the VAERS is a farce and doesnt exist. Show us they don't have any criteria for accepting events or rejecting them. Show us they haven't had 10k per month since shots started being given in the US in mid December.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:[eyeroll]

I appreciate all that you are saying to inform.

As a parent of a daughter who is permanently, mentally, damaged with autoimmune encephalitis from a vaccine reaction, my family is living proof of the nightmare of vaccine injury.

We have two separate family friends in Western KY that have experienced horrible reactions to the covid vaccines. One was a blot clot to a lady in her mid 60s and another lady in her late 30s had to be put on a respirator for over a month and is still not out of the woods.

Once my family began to dive into the studies and literature of vaccines and vaccine safety, our minds were blown.

Most people would not believe what goes on and they won't because they don't want to know what goes on behind the curtain.

Reactions: CastleRubric
getting an admission of a link between side effects and a vaccine isn’t always cut and dried nor easy

so the #s we have to work with are - hard to take at face value sometimes

last falls flu shots in south korea were a good example of that — 80-some ppl dead in about 3-4 weeks after vaccination began but the cases were immediately claimed to have no link to the vaccines —

i’m all for good counter measures when we surround the decision making in good science

i’m not at all onboard with being a test subject though - and certainly opposed to forced participation

we’ll see where it all leads i guess
wish you and your families nothing but the best -

The plan was never to return back to normal, how things were back in 2018
Who’s plan? And “was”...is this over?

Of course we will never fully return to the way things were before the pandemic, but I’m not sure that’s a bad thing. Companies are much more amenable to working from home. Things like grocery and meal delivery are much more widespread. People will generally be more cautious about shaking hands or covering their mouths when they cough. A downside I guess is that many companies have shut down and are in now in the past and being replaced with something else.

Unfortunately (or fortunately?) this is the first global pandemic of this magnitude since 1912. It’s going to leave it’s Mark just as the 911 did in 2001.

Ah... there's the TDSplaining...
I have a mostly favorable opinion of Trump, but allowing Pence to allow Fauci to be the front man on the virus was a catastrophic mistake, and one that probably cost him the election. Fauci subtly undercut him at every opportunity and it was a public relations disaster for Trump.

Reactions: kyeric
I appreciate all that you are saying to inform.

As a parent of a daughter who is permanently, mentally, damaged with autoimmune encephalitis from a vaccine reaction, my family is living proof of the nightmare of vaccine injury.

We have two separate family friends in Western KY that have experienced horrible reactions to the covid vaccines. One was a blot clot to a lady in her mid 60s and another lady in her late 30s had to be put on a respirator for over a month and is still not out of the woods.

Once my family began to dive into the studies and literature of vaccines and vaccine safety, our minds were blown.

Most people would not believe what goes on and they won't because they don't want to know what goes on behind the curtain.
I’m very sorry for your situation but vaccines have changed the world in an amazing and wonderful way. Saving millions of lives.

What is our goal currently with regards to COVID 19 and what are we basing a return to normal activity on?
We are back to normal activity. A year ago when Fauci started speaking double talk and back tracking like he didn't have a clue our governor opened up the state. We have not looked back. During the pandemic the state had a Billion dollar surplus and cut taxes.

It’s a perfect summary of the Republican Party to be honest.

the same guy said you shouldn’t leave your house even if you’ve been vaccinated. It’s paradoxical.

yes, people should get vaccinated, but don’t tell people they can’t return to normal once they get it and don’t “pause it” but also tell people it’s safe.

ps: I survived the jnj vaccine 5 weeks ago tomorrow

Reactions: kyeric
the same guy said you shouldn’t leave your house even if you’ve been vaccinated. It’s paradoxical.

yes, people should get vaccinated, but don’t tell people they can’t return to normal once they get it and don’t “pause it” but also tell people it’s safe.

ps: I survived the jnj vaccine 5 weeks ago tomorrow
Way too many in this thread have claimed that Fauci doesn’t want people to be vaccinated or that he is power hungry wanting to exude control by keeping everyone restricted.
1. He clearly advocates in this clip to get vaccinated, which is counter to the conspiracy theorists in this thread who claim they stopped J&J to slow the vaccination rate.
2. He literally says In this clip that once the virus spread is low enough you won’t need public restrictions. Get vaccine=return to normal. Not sure how much clearer that could be.
3. They just opened up vaccines to all US adults. Again, at this point it’s not about supply, it’s about demand. If we continue these restrictions much longer into the summer, it’s the fault of the public, not Fauci.

“ the same guy said you shouldn’t leave your house even if you’ve been vaccinated. It’s paradoxical”...please furnish evidence of this. I haven’t seen that. My assumption is it’s a comment taken way out of context or you’re misstating what he actually said.

Reactions: wildcatsboston1984
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT