ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler Ulis gets signed...

Three way deal with a guaranteed one way 2nd contract?

Or two way with option for 1 way deal assuming he performed well enough on the two way?

Fake news. As I have been told by RR over and over, Tyler has no shot in the league and should give up to come be an assistant at UK.

Glad to see it for Tyler and hope his hard work and tenacity continue to pay off for him.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
Fake news. As I have been told by RR over and over, Tyler has no shot in the league and should give up to come be an assistant at UK.

Glad to see it for Tyler and hope his hard work and tenacity continue to pay off for him.
Not disputing you have seen that here but I never once at least on this board seen someone say that. Most of us UK fans know how good he is . Best pg to play at UK in my 25ish years or so of watching UK ( since 93)

Reactions: Chuckinden
Not disputing you have seen that here but I never once at least on this board seen someone say that. Most of us UK fans know how good he is . Best pg to play at UK in my 25ish years or so of watching UK ( since 93)
As soon as Tyler was let go from the suns a ton of posters on here we’re stating he would never make it because of his size and he should take up a career in coaching.

His size does limit him, and he does have the makings of being a good coach, but I think it’s a bit soon to throw in the towel on his NBA career. Dude has too much heart.

All of this one, two, three, or whatever the hell way stuff is annoying. They should just increase the roster size to about 20 and have the guys at the end of the bench play in basically a JV game before the Varsity game (the actual NBA game). Then they can travel and practice with the actual team and fill in when needed instead of having to get called up. Then you don't need extra coaches or facilities.

Just pay the bottom guys the league minimum. If they can afford to pay players $200 million, I'm sure they can pay about 10 guys a special league minimum amount (say $300,000 x 10 = $3 million). If they get into the Varsity game then they get an increase for each game played.

As soon as Tyler was let go from the suns a ton of posters on here we’re stating he would never make it because of his size and he should take up a career in coaching.

His size does limit him, and he does have the makings of being a good coach, but I think it’s a bit soon to throw in the towel on his NBA career. Dude has too much heart.
Not saying he won’t “make it”; but a 2-way contract is “not making it”...yet

Not saying he won’t “make it”; but a 2-way contract is “not making it”...yet
Please quote where I said that landing a 2 way contract was making it. I’ll wait.

Really getting tired of posters like you putting words in others’ mouths.

Please quote where I said that landing a 2 way contract was making it. I’ll wait.

Really getting tired of posters like you putting words in others’ mouths.

Your inferences are that his has made it, and anyone that said he wouldn't make it, is wrong... and others in this thread have said he has made it

and I am tired of posters like you that hyperbole; "as I have been told by RR over and over"...

Your inferences are that his has made it, and anyone that said he wouldn't make it, is wrong... and others in this thread have said he has made it

and I am tired of posters like you that hyperbole; "as I have been told by RR over and over"...
Lol ok. You couldn’t find a quote of me saying that. That’s all you had to say.

Tyler has shot 28% from three as an NBA player. He’s also a defensive liability at the pro level.

He was a good college player. Not a good NBA player.

I do think he could be a solid College Assistant Coach.

Tyler has shot 28% from three as an NBA player. He’s also a defensive liability at the pro level.

He was a good college player. Not a good NBA player.

I do think he could be a solid College Assistant Coach.
Keep doubting him.

Keep doubting him.
Really? I just posted that he was a good college player and potentially a good coach. How’s that “doubting”
him.

He’s like 5’8 and doesn’t possess any distinguishing NBA qualities.Nothing wrong with that.

He had a really good two year run at Kentucky. A very good college player. That’s really Something to be proud of.

I like Tyler. I liked Patrick Sparks. I liked John Pelphrey, Charles Hurt, Jeff Shepard, Eric Daniels, Gerald Fitch, and countless other really special U.K. players over the last 40+ years.

It doesn’t mean they’re going to be anything other than really good college players.

I don’t understand why some fans can’t separate college from pros. It never ceases to amaze me.

Last edited:
I hope Tyler plays as long as he can, but I agree with those who feel he would be a good coaching candidate.

Question: Wouldn’t he need to complete his degree before he could coach at the collegiate level ??

Really? I just posted that he was a good college player and potentially a good coach. How’s that “doubting”
him.

He’s like 5’8 and doesn’t possess any distinguishing NBA qualities.Nothing wrong with that.

He had a really good two year run at Kentucky. A very good college player. That’s really Something to be proud of.

I like Tyler. I liked Patrick Sparks. I liked John Pelphrey, Charles Hurt, Jeff Shepard, Eric Daniels, Gerald Fitch, and countless other really special U.K. players over the last 40+ years.

It doesn’t mean they’re going to be anything other than really good college players.

I don’t understand why some fans can’t separate college from pros. It never ceases to amaze me.
You essentially said a 20 year old kid should hang up his career and come back and be an assistant coach. You’re post was very passive aggressive by directly opposing every point I made in my first post on this thread, and now you’re pretending to be a victim.

You are are aware that not every single player in the world doesn’t hit the NBA ground running, right? I mean just because the guy wasn’t rookie of the year doesn’t mean he won’t find a spot on a roster as a role player. He doesn’t have to be Steph Curry to make it. He just has to be good enough to make a roster, which I think he is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT