ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler Herro and the NBA

majgun

Sophomore
May 19, 2011
He isn't ready (but will go and get drafted) because he is too easy to control. He is not explosive enough versus great athletes and the NBA is full of great athletes. He is no Devin Booker. Hope he comes back and develops his game better.

He's gone this is Kentucky. Ready or not.

Then u guys will hate Duke or UNC getting all the love on ESPN and them winning Championships

College matters to them can't hate them for covering the teams that want to play in college UT players wanted to come back. They smacked Herro around again today.

Herro is the best NBA prospect on this team and will be an outstanding NBA player. He'll be playing with better players, more space on the floor, can shoot the ball, and knows how to play. He's the only guy off this roster I'd want if I were an NBA team and Magic and Pelinka were there last night to watch him--not PJ or Keldon who are harder to project to NBA game with the lack of ball skills.

One thing I am in minority is down the stretch of a game late--I'm playing through Herro and not Washington on this team. Give me a 95% FT shooter when opponent is in double bonus and let him decide my fate. Instead no FT attempts, no shot attempts, and taking a L with an 8 pt lead 3 minutes left. Cal thinks PJ Washington is the best player in the country, I think he's not even the best player on this year's UK team.

He may be set on leaving, but he isn't ready for the pros.

Wait until he climbs the Draft board when he works out. After the top 5 of this Draft, it's a mucked up group. Herro will be taken on his ability to shoot the ball-which he's going to light up in workouts and they'll find he knows how to play-which he's proven at UK and with the spacing of NBA game, he'll be the 1st Cat drafted in 1st Round. Keldon Johnson and then PJ would be guess of order they'll go after they all workout.

It's not hard to understand people. These guys leave to go to the NBA early because they get one on one coaching, tons of weight/nutrition instruction, and No school. He Gone

Reactions: HedgeCat9
Doesn’t matter. Add him to the list of about 10 players we’ve had here who left for the pros when we all know they had no business going. He’s already got one foot out the door.

Reactions: Big Cat fan
He may be set on leaving, but he isn't ready for the pros.

No where near it. He'll set on the bench and I think will most likely play pro in another country in 3 years.

But Cal and his players love draft day and one N done crap

Wait until he climbs the Draft board when he works out. After the top 5 of this Draft, it's a mucked up group. Herro will be taken on his ability to shoot the ball-which he's going to light up in workouts and they'll find he knows how to play-which he's proven at UK and with the spacing of NBA game, he'll be the 1st Cat drafted in 1st Round. Keldon Johnson and then PJ would be guess of order they'll go after they all workout.
The last three minutes of the game he did not touch the ball. I guess his team mates did not have confidence in his shooting. The kid should come back but he won't. He has been a great freshman player and I understand he wants the millions. But I guess he will develop more in the NBA system than under Calipari. So he is gone

I don't think he's as good of a shooter as many seem to think that he is. His average athletic ability will be easily duplicated and overmatched by most NBA players.

So, Tyler, if you end up leaving, I hope you seriously improve and develop your game, because you'll need it. Maybe he can play minor league ball for a period of time?

The last three minutes of the game he did not touch the ball. I guess his team mates did not have confidence in his shooting. The kid should come back but he won't. He has been a great freshman player and I understand he wants the millions. But I guess he will develop more in the NBA system than under Calipari. So he is gone

You really believe that? UT players were all over him every possession. They made it really tough for him and they should get the credit. He was still involved in the offense, running around screens trying to get open. Its not like he just stood in the corner and nobody would through it to him. We still got good looks and drives to the basket. The officiating DIRECTLY effected our team today. And as an official myself, I never ever say that but they did. That was probably the worst half of ball Ive seen called in a long time. Could he have gotten more touches? Probably but when its crunch time, Cal goes his post scorer, as does most coaches because its a high percentage shot. Missed 3s can kill a team very quickly and usually don't lead to many 2nd chance opportunities. So, I cant blame Cal for going to PJ, he has shown that he can deliver.

Reactions: bluebayou01
Herro is the best NBA prospect on this team and will be an outstanding NBA player. He'll be playing with better players, more space on the floor, can shoot the ball, and knows how to play. He's the only guy off this roster I'd want if I were an NBA team and Magic and Pelinka were there last night to watch him--not PJ or Keldon who are harder to project to NBA game with the lack of ball skills.

One thing I am in minority is down the stretch of a game late--I'm playing through Herro and not Washington on this team. Give me a 95% FT shooter when opponent is in double bonus and let him decide my fate. Instead no FT attempts, no shot attempts, and taking a L with an 8 pt lead 3 minutes left. Cal thinks PJ Washington is the best player in the country, I think he's not even the best player on this year's UK team.
Amen.....the truth brother, preach it

Reactions: bluebayou01
He isn't ready (but will go and get drafted) because he is too easy to control. He is not explosive enough versus great athletes and the NBA is full of great athletes. He is no Devin Booker. Hope he comes back and develops his game better.
Do you really know anything about the game of basketball, he is so far ahead of Booker at this point.

Do you really know anything about the game of basketball, he is so far ahead of Booker at this point.
Yes, I do, and no he is not. I love Tyler and his game, but he is not pro ready. I know he is gone but his athleticism isn't ready for the NBA.

Yes, I do, and no he is not. I love Tyler and his game, but he is not pro ready. I know he is gone but his athleticism isn't ready for the NBA.

He is definitely beyond Devin at this point in their careers. Booker is not ultra athletic. Im not sure why you keep bringing that up. Devin was not blowing by people and soaring for msssive dunks. He was pretty bad defensively and was definitely a weak spot on that end of the court. Please explain to me how Booker was better?

Reactions: haganjeff
He is definitely beyond Devin at this point in their careers. Please explain to me how Booker was better?

Hmm, let's see here, Booker was

-Better Shooter
-More Athletic
-Better Passer
-Better Driving the lane
-And on and on......

Hmm, let's see here, Booker was

-Better Shooter
-More Athletic
-Better Passer
-Better Driving the lane
-And on and on......

Booker got on a CRAZY massive hot streak midway through the season and cooled off significantly towards the end of the year. He shot less than 4% points higher than Tyler at three, which is not that much. They are both around 40%.

They're a push athletically. Tyler is way more athletic then he gets credit for. He can score, drive, play defense and he is getting better and better. Definitely a better defender than Devin was at this point in their careers.

Devin was not a good passer. I dont think Tyler is that great either but this wasnt a strength for Booker either.

Devin was not blowing by people driving in the lane. He used space well that was created by the interior guys but he wasnt just taking people off the dribble with his quickness and athleticism. He just wasnt man, sorry.

Tyler averages twice as many rebounds and twice as many steals as Booker. He shoots 94% from the stripe, compared to 82% for Booker. Tyler also averages 15 PPG compared to Devin's 10 PPG.

Im not knocking Booker cause I love Devin but to say he was alot better than Tyler in all these things you listed is just now true. Not true at all. Tyler is legit.

Last edited:
Booker got on a massive hot streak midway through the season and cooled off significantly towards the end of the year. He shot less than 4% points higher than Tyler at three, which is not that much at all. They are both around 40%.

They're a push athletically. Tyler is way more athletic then he gets credit for. He can score, drive, play defense and he is getting better and better. Definitely a better defender than Devin was at this point in their careers.

Devin was not a good passer. I dont think Tyler is that great either but this wasnt a strength for Booker either.

Tyler can improve in each of these areas and he probably will. My point is that I just don't think he's ready for the pros right now. The good thing for him is that this is just my opinion, which amounts to nothing in his world. He'll make the choice that he believes in.

But theyre complete idiots over there. They actually have Hagans in the 1st round. They have no credibility.

yeah i wondered about that too. hagans should really come back. has the opportunity to be lock after another year.

is there is a better site for tracking who's staying and who's going?

Some of you all have been watching a different Tyler Herro than I have this season. That kid is more ready for the NBA than most guys who have left early over the last 10 years. I hope he comes back for selfish reasons, but he will get drafted and have a shot early on to play in the league.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT