ADVERTISEMENT

Twitter says its down to 2 schools for Diallo.....

Hate to be a wet blanket but Newman goes to Miss St. to play point. Brown goes to UCLA re: Addidas. Ingram to Duke/maybe UNC.
Diallo is a superstar and I hope we get him. Mulder will fill nicely at the two/three with Mathews, who I think you all underestimate .
If this alone happens, UK will have a very good team next year.
JMO, but I'm hoping this plays out.

Originally posted by Fancatstik:

It looks like Diallo may be ready. He just tweeted "it's been a long 3 years. Just wanted to thank all the coaches who recruited me"
Man, I hope the CATS land this young man. Cautiously optimistic....but know that anything can happen.

Originally posted by UKGloryRoad:
Hope it means nothing but he just followed Perry Ellis on Twitter.
dead.r191677.gif

Originally posted by UKGloryRoad:
Hope it means nothing but he just followed Perry Ellis on Twitter.
Damn, maybe Self's found another guy that enjoys second round losses to mid-majors and a coach that develops you to become a scrub in the pros.

If so, his loss.

Originally posted by SilentsAreGolden:
He's following a LOT of current and ex-KU players. Only current UK player I saw was Ulis. Not good.
KU Scout board says that the two just started following each other on Instagram. I don't have an account to verify any of this of course.

Diallo's latest tweet below. Maybe he's finally made a decision.

It's been a long 3 years. Just wanted to thanks all the coaches who recruited me and stopped by my school appreciated

The only two current KU players he follows are Ellis and a walk-on. Hardly "several." He seems to follow a good deal of former UK players though. Not that this stuff means absolutely anything at all.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by JasonSpear:

Originally posted by Mike-D:

Originally posted by JasonSpear:
Matt Jones posted that the way he understands it, Diallo called UK and asked them to come see him a second time for a sit down. I'd take that as good news.
I must have missed this on twitter. So is UK going back to visit with Diallo again, or was yesterday the visit you're referring to?
he didn't post it on Twitter. Posted it on the paddock. I still say he picks Kansas. They've never seemed to lose momentum with him like the other schools have at some point. UK getting him would feel like a steal to me. Hell, UK getting any of the remaining blue chip high school guys would seem like a steal. They'll get Mulder... who else isn't so clear.
This post was edited on 4/20 10:20 PM by JasonSpear
I don't think that's really Matt Jones

Originally posted by catlogic15:
Hate to be a wet blanket but Newman goes to Miss St. to play point. Brown goes to UCLA re: Addidas. Ingram to Duke/maybe UNC.
Diallo is a superstar and I hope we get him. Mulder will fill nicely at the two/three with Mathews, who I think you all underestimate .
No one in underestimating Matthews. He will be a good first year player but if anyone is thinking he will significantly replace Booker and Aaron - even in part - I think you're going to be disappointed next season.

And yes, I've actually seen him play in person.

I agree, Silents ...

It sure gives the impression that he's saying, "O.K., I've decided, and I'm not going to change my mind. There's no need for anybody to contact me again."

I've got my fingers crossed !

Originally posted by Son_Of_Saul:
No one in underestimating Matthews. He will be a good first year player but if anyone is thinking he will significantly replace Booker and Aaron - even in part - I think you're going to be disappointed next season.

What does this mean? "Significantly replace in part"? I think he will partially replace those guys - he looks to get significant minutes at the postions (2/3) that they vacated.

I bet we get Diallo. I'll even cite my source.. Vegas. Opened 8 to 1 to win it all in '16. Stayed at 8 to 1 after all 7 declared. Moved to 9 to 1 after Slice left, and just moved back to 8 to 1.

He's following a LOT of current and ex-KU players. Only current UK player I saw was Ulis. Not good.I must have missed that part when I was scrolling through his followers. He does follow John Wall, Anthony Davis, Brandon Knight, and Tyler Ulis. He may very well end up at Kansas, but I never saw it coming even with the hype. What is Bill Self selling that is better than UK? 2nd round exits?

"Hey Cheik. Come be a 2 seed. Come win the Big-12 again with us, and flame out in the round of 32. Our track record with big's is insane. Did you see how Cliff skyrocketed this season? Exactly."

Originally posted by Aike:

What does this mean? "Significantly replace in part"? I think he will partially replace those guys - he looks to get significant minutes at the postions (2/3) that they vacated.
It means he is not capable of replacing either of their offensive outputs from last season.

Even if we merely swapped Aaron for Charles, or Devon for Charles, we would have a wide remaining gap of scoring disparity.

I love Matthews, but I'm expecting about 18 minutes/game at 5 to 6 points off the bench in his first year, even in the scenario where Newman heads elsewhere.

He's following a LOT of current and ex-KU players. Only current UK player I saw was Ulis. Not good.I must have missed that part when I was scrolling through his followers. He does follow John Wall, Anthony Davis, Brandon Knight, and Tyler Ulis. He may very well end up at Kansas, but I never saw it coming even with the hype. What is Bill Self selling that is better than UK? 2nd round exits?

"Hey Cheik. Come be a 2 seed. Come win the Big-12 again with us, and flame out in the round of 32. Our track record with big's is insane. Did you see how Cliff skyrocketed this season? Exactly."
It was 3 current players and several former players, as well as two other KU related accounts. Look, I'm hoping he picks UK obviously. I just saw more KU stuff, but that might not mean anything.

It was 3 current players and several former players, as well as two other KU related accounts. Look, I'm hoping he picks UK obviously. I just saw more KU stuff, but that might not mean anything.
With the way the end of this class has unfolded so far, I mean the smart money would probably be on KU. I just don't see how Kansas would be the more attractive offer for the kid, and I'm looking at it with my blue tinted glasses on the floor under my shoe. If you're not going to stay at home (St. Johns), why are you picking Kansas over Kentucky?

Bill Self: "Don't listen to what Cal's telling you, Cheik! Cliff's draft stock didn't plummet, I just ran out of time to enhance it!"
This post was edited on 4/20 11:16 PM by Brando Mac

Originally posted by gracetoyou:
If he has decided & he ends up on ESPN tomorrow evening...then it's UK
A number of kid have done the ESPN thing and picked other schools over UK...

Stanley Johnson
Shabaaz Muhammed
James Blackmon Jr.
Kyrie Irving

Just to name a few.

Stanley Johnson
Shabaaz Muhammed
James Blackmon Jr.
Kyrie Irving

Just to name a few.
Do we have any idea who is announcing on ESPN's thing tomorrow so far?

Originally posted by Cats192:

Stanley Johnson
Shabaaz Muhammed
James Blackmon Jr.
Kyrie Irving

Just to name a few.
Who said anyone was announcing tomorrow on ESPN's thing?

Originally posted by Cats192:

Stanley Johnson
Shabaaz Muhammed
James Blackmon Jr.
Kyrie Irving

Just to name a few.
Who said anyone was announcing tomorrow on ESPN's thing?
Doubt they would have it if nobody was.

Ben Roberts said earlier today that there weren't any scheduled announcements planned yet.

Brandon Ingram just recently started following Alex Poythress - so does that mean he's coming to UK? I doubt it means anything.

Originally posted by Cat Ballou:
Brandon Ingram just recently started following Alex Poythress - so does that mean he's coming to UK? I doubt it means anything.
maybe alex told him that he didn't want to play the 3.

A lot of KU fans are VERY confident that Diallo is KU bound. A couple blogs/KU "experts" are saying he is headed to KU.

From everything I have seen it seems as if STJ is out of it for Diallo.

A lot of KU fans are VERY confident that Diallo is KU bound. A couple blogs/KU "experts" are saying he is headed to KU.

Their "experts" are pretty bad from what I have seen in the past.

KU fans and media are confident? That's nothing new.

What could Self possibly say to sway him and his system? His lack of OAD success or hell even 2 and done is notable. Come to ku and you might be the next? Thomas Robinson or if your really lucky a Morris Twin? Great precedents there...

***Umm, fellow African Embiid? Similar style & footwork & shot-blocking - just 2+" taller.

I know it's far from scientific, but as soon as I saw that he started following Perry Ellis the day after Cal's last visit made me pessimistic. Then I saw that while he follows some ex-UK players like Davis, Knight I think, plus Skal and Ulis, he does follow a lot of KU current and former players, plus two KU related accounts. Also, KU has been the leader at 247 for a while now. Self really seems to have the gift of gab, and if he gets Diallo, he will have a far better record of getting players from Cal than any other coach. Sucks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT