ADVERTISEMENT

Twitter says its down to 2 schools for Diallo.....

Originally posted by ORCAT:

Originally posted by caneintally:

I'm still waiting to hear from Cane on whether Diallo is a lock or not for UK. (JK, Cane)
happy.r191677.gif

if he's smart he'll choose kentucky. draft position, possible championship. that's all i'm gonna say on that. diallo is a stud and bbn will rejoice if he decides to come. i love his energy.

Originally posted by caneintally:

I'm still waiting to hear from Cane on whether Diallo is a lock or not for UK. (JK, Cane)
laugh.r191677.gif
Everybody gets one . LOL no seriously IMO MUlder is a lock but beyond that in my layman opinion Diallo , Newman and Ingram are all in the what i would classify as very good chance to Cats but obviously we won't get all 3 . If had to put money on it i would say we end the class with Mulder , Ingram and Diallo .
I'd love for you to be right on those last 3, Cane, for sure this time.
happy0025.r191677.gif
+1

I keep going back to Diallo thanking Briscoe after the Jordan Brand game. A guy with Diallos limited offensive skills needs good passing guards to thrive. UK has a huge advantage in that area over KU and SJU. It's also an advantage to have a frontcourt mate in Skal that can step out hit shots to draw the defense away from the basket.

Another factor to our advantage is that we are the only one of the three teams featuring players with whom he has any kind of pre-existing friendship.

UK actually makes the most sense for Diallo. Will be interesting to see how this one plays out.

I still hate Mullin, my first memory of UK is when he put Sky Walkers eye out. A good player doesn't mean a good coach.

Originally posted by TruBluCatFan:
What I've been wondering all along is that since Slice supposedly has this great connection with Diallo why hadn't he already committed to UK last fall or during the season.

I don't doubt that he and Slice are close but I think the influence Slice has may be overstated to an extent. Just a thought.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
I sure hope so, losing players because they want to stay at home or because they are close with someone is tough to beat.

Originally posted by BigBlueManSouthCentralKY:
Did 6-2 guard Thompkins decommit from St Johns? IF true, why, with all the excitement with Mullin?
I mean, SOMEONE has to take a step back and realize that Mullin has ZERO coaching experience outside of some youth camps. Not everyone is going to be keen on playing for a guy who will be learning as he goes.

If Cheick Diallo signs with St Johns, as Mark Cuban would say, this sport is terrible.

If we could end this class with Ingram, Diallo, and Mulder id be very happy. Pretty crowded front court but if anyone can make it work Cal can.

Being born on Long Island, would LOVE to get Diallo here. He would LOVE KENTUCKY... Everyone who has moved here DOES love Kentucky!! GO CATS.. Come on down Mr. Diallo, we will love you here.

Originally posted by Ripcord65:
Am I correct about the following:

Two years ago, Slice was saying, "Cheick, the best thing for you is for you to go to Pitt."
Last year, Slice was saying, ""Cheick, the best thing for you is for you to go to Kentucky."
Now, Slice is saying, "Cheick, the best thing for you is for you to go to St. John's."

If the foregoing is correct, how can Slice have any credibility with the kid?

As everyone knows, all Slice is really saying is "Cheick, the best thing for you is to come with me, and take your chances with a head coach who has never coached a single college game."

Maybe that'll sell to a potential Lottery Pick -- but I sure wouldn't think so.

Just MHO, of course.
Exactly

Originally posted by BengalWACO:
Being born on Long Island, would LOVE to get Diallo here. He would LOVE KENTUCKY... Everyone who has moved here DOES love Kentucky!! GO CATS.. Come on down Mr. Diallo, we will love you here.

Slice must be the exception. He was out of here pretty darn fast.

Originally posted by JasonSpear:
I'll say Kansas until the momentum starts to swing more in UK's favor. I really just can't see him going to St. Johns or anyone that's involved in his recruitment giving him sound advice about picking St. Johns. If Mullin shows he's a capable coach in 2-3 years I could see him pulling elite local guys from NYC... but not right now before he's ever coached a college game. That just wouldn't be smart.
This thread seems to indicate that some people think we are gaining traction with Diallo,if we believed some of the negative stuff about other recruits(some of which proved to be true)then we may as well allow ourselves to feel we are in the game in this case.If there is any truth to the tweets then KU is losing ground and I like us in a 2 horse race with St Johns for many of the reasons others have posted here.

I think the few remaining chips (players) could start to fall by Tue or Wed of next week(Mulder Diallo)as soon as one does the others will line up quickly.

If Cal gets Ingram and Diallo and brings in a shooter like Mulder, then we'll be the hands down favorite to win the NC next year.

The potential lineup of - Ulis, Briscoe, Ingram, Diallo, and Labiessiere would be the best starting five in college basketball. Add in Poythress, Lee, Matthews, Mulder, Willis, and Hawkins off the bench and you're talking about a VERY formidable team.

Originally posted by LineSkiCat:
I know business is business.. but it would have been nice if Slice served this recruit up to us after he left.. but I really think Diallo can have a big impact on Slice's career moving forward (Really not sure what Mullin can do with St. Johns, probably a step back for Slice in his coaching career)... so I understand why Slice is trying to put his biggest and best foot forward, and gunning for Diallo.

Still... It would have been like Slice sending a "Thank You" note and a bottle of wine to Calipari for giving him the opportunity..
3dgrin.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 4/19 7:05 PM by LineSkiCat
Possibly dragging Diallo along with him is one of the reasons they wanted him back at St Johns. The only good thing about it, is that while he was at UK, he had to be telling Diallo why he should play for Cal. I just hope he was listening.
Originally posted by LineSkiCat:
I know business is business.. but it would have been nice if Slice served this recruit up to us after he left.. but I really think Diallo can have a big impact on Slice's career moving forward (Really not sure what Mullin can do with St. Johns, probably a step back for Slice in his coaching career)... so I understand why Slice is trying to put his biggest and best foot forward, and gunning for Diallo.

Still... It would have been like Slice sending a "Thank You" note and a bottle of wine to Calipari for giving him the opportunity..
3dgrin.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 4/19 7:05 PM by LineSkiCat

Seems that the info is a little divided as to a two horse race between UK and KU or UK and St Johns,I guess you could take that as a good thing since we are in the game either way.

Matt Jones posted that the way he understands it, Diallo called UK and asked them to come see him a second time for a sit down. I'd take that as good news.

That is great news. Hopefully UK can land him.
This post was edited on 4/20 5:29 PM by westerncat

Beginning to sound better,there is a lot of playing time on the table as of right now.Diallo surely understands that.After playing with Birscoe,Matthews and Skal last week he should feel comfortable with those guys,having people to get you the ball in space is attractive

Diallo WILL NOT go to St. Johns. It's UK or KU. I think we snag him to UK.

I don't get all the sudden fretting over recruiting like we were back in the Tubby days? This IS Calipari we're talking about, and Cal is a closer. He drinks all the coffee he wants so just sit back and watch the man do what he does because nobody has ever done it better.

Glengarry-Glen-Ross-400x242.jpg

If by some way we could land Newman or Brown or Ingram, 1 of the 3 along with Diallo, we would be a top 5 team preseason.

What could Self possibly say to sway him and his system? His lack of OAD success or hell even 2 and done is notable. Come to ku and you might be the next? Thomas Robinson or if your really lucky a Morris Twin? Great precedents there...

Originally posted by Cat Ballou:
I keep going back to Diallo thanking Briscoe after the Jordan Brand game. A guy with Diallos limited offensive skills needs good passing guards to thrive. UK has a huge advantage in that area over KU and SJU. It's also an advantage to have a frontcourt mate in Skal that can step out hit shots to draw the defense away from the basket.

Another factor to our advantage is that we are the only one of the three teams featuring players with whom he has any kind of pre-existing friendship.

UK actually makes the most sense for Diallo. Will be interesting to see how this one plays out.
^^^^^ This! Best post in this thread.

Originally posted by AnarchoNeoLuddite:
What could Self possibly say to sway him and his system? His lack of OAD success or hell even 2 and done is notable. Come to ku and you might be the next? Thomas Robinson or if your really lucky a Morris Twin? Great precedents there...
That's the way I see it as well. It's baffling.

If you're a big man with aspirations of going deep in March and being an NBA star, Self isn't the dude that's going to get you there. Record speaks for itself.

Matt Jones posted that the way he understands it, Diallo called UK and asked them to come see him a second time for a sit down. I'd take that as good news.
I must have missed this on twitter. So is UK going back to visit with Diallo again, or was yesterday the visit you're referring to?

Originally posted by Mike-D:

I must have missed this on twitter. So is UK going back to visit with Diallo again, or was yesterday the visit you're referring to?
Yes, I would like to know too. That sounds like a game changer if true.

I still think that Briscoe did a great deal to help by making sure that Diallo had plenty to 'eat at the table' during the JBC, especially with the 'called out' thanks from Diallo himself.

Sounds like good stuff if the above is true!!!

Originally posted by true blue1:
If by some way we could land Newman or Brown or Ingram, 1 of the 3 along with Diallo, we would be a top 5 team preseason.
We would No.1 with all of them!!

It looks like Diallo may be ready. He just tweeted "it's been a long 3 years. Just wanted to thank all the coaches who recruited me"

Originally posted by rabidcatfan:
If Cal gets Ingram and Diallo and brings in a shooter like Mulder, then we'll be the hands down favorite to win the NC next year.

The potential lineup of - Ulis, Briscoe, Ingram, Diallo, and Labiessiere would be the best starting five in college basketball. Add in Poythress, Lee, Matthews, Mulder, Willis, and Hawkins off the bench and you're talking about a VERY formidable team.
I agree with you first sentence, but no way Poythress does not start. And, Ingram/Diallo *probably* wouldn't start over Lee. Just depends how his summer goes. Lee will be a Jr with 2+ years under his belt in Cal's system.

ADVERTISEMENT