ADVERTISEMENT

TW Is Not Your Savior

It was definitely a terrible take. I didnt know WVLK did a postgame. Is it just immediately after the game? Its political radio right now sounds like.
Yes. The WVLK starts immediately after the game when WLAP is doing the post game wrap up. The VLK call in show ends around the time the KSR show is just starting so it's convenient to listen to both. The WVLK show had more content. Max Godby is the guest and had some really good observations and caller interactions where as the KSR show is just callers repeating verbatim what Matt just said. I mean seriously, even if you agree with Matt can you not form a thought on your own?

Reactions: CB3UK
Go with the power running game AGAIN this season....

I have no confidence in TW playing top SEC teams.

Run the ball and play good Defense. Don't let TW pass too much or we will get beat often....

That is my analysis going forward this season.
I've got no confidence in seatbelts, airbags, the FBI, Jim Cantori or rides at Disney World. But I still expect them to do their job. So should you.

Go with the power running game AGAIN this season....

I have no confidence in TW playing top SEC teams.

Run the ball and play good Defense. Don't let TW pass too much or we will get beat often....

That is my analysis going forward this season.

Your analysis is not good.

He was that one long pass play that got called back for throwing for over 300 yards .
It was the first game against a quality team.

He had some bad throws but also threw some really nice ones.
Stoops admitted they need to let him throw more to get his confidence going earlier in game.

He is also working with several new guys which the more game time together the better.

Sure, on paper, Wilson had a good game. But it’s pretty obvious he’s just not that good.
On paper... that is ridiculous.. he had a good game on the field.
Was one penalty away from throwing for over 300 yards and no Int against a good team on the first game of season with several new receivers.

Not too bad of a start.. some of you guys need to stick with basketball.

Yes. The WVLK starts immediately after the game when WLAP is doing the post game wrap up. The VLK call in show ends around the time the KSR show is just starting so it's convenient to listen to both. The WVLK show had more content. Max Godby is the guest and had some really good observations and caller interactions where as the KSR show is just callers repeating verbatim what Matt just said. I mean seriously, even if you agree with Matt can you not form a thought on your own?
I had no idea they did that. Ill listen to that from now on after the game ends. How the hell did I not get the memo?

Gonna probably get blasted for this but Gran is the problem imo. Best collection of TE's in school history and I think they have 1-2 rec's. Just not not ever gonna use them like he should I guess.
spot on

Defense really cleaned it up in the 2nd half. I really have no complaints beyond the showing in the first couple of drives. Outstanding playmakers across the entire front seven, some promising young talent in the back end (I love Echols).
When Wilson is allowed to sling it around and let the WR's go make plays, they do well. RB position has some studs in it, o-line looked very good (and amazing in pass protection).

I'm content.
Defense still needs some work I think it would’ve been interesting had the starting QB not got hurt. I will take the W and get ready for next week.

Jesus....some guy has called into the postgame saying Terry gets the heat he does because he's a black QB. Stop. Just stop. Thats so stupid. When he makes mistakes the seem to be pretty egregious. And that's exacerbated by the fact that when he nails a pass our drops and runs, its often incredible, which makes you scratch your head at why there's such a disparity between the 2. Has nothing to do with race.....shut that crap down.
Should’ve said your a dumbass next caller

On paper... that is ridiculous.. he had a good game on the field.
Was one penalty away from throwing for over 300 yards and no Int against a good team on the first game of season with several new receivers.

Not too bad of a start.. some of you guys need to stick with basketball.
They can’t judge basketball either maybe pick another sport... lol

Reactions: PowerofPelphrey
How many other balls did we draw DPI on because the defender couldn’t defend. WR seemed better.

To the poster about receivers making good catches. They are supposed too. Very rarely are guys just wide open. Every good QB has WRs who win a high percentage of 1v1 balls.

He had another long play which was very nice brought back for hands to the face penelty. The ball bowden caught but was a tie outside was a great thrown ball too. Those to plays don’t get called back or another inch he throws for 300plus

Wilson is fine - my biggest issue on him is his reads on hand offs-seldom reads it right reluctant to keep it.
He is a fast runner but not quick has no wiggle at all.

I just think Gran doesn't stay with what's working - Wilson can hit the tight end in the seam

Wilson is ok its just that Stoops and Co have governer on him

Max was on it.

The thing that was puzzling to me today was how ineffective Terry was with his legs.

Hell, the Toledo QB looked quicker and faster than Terry. Perplexing to me.

I think
The thing that was puzzling to me today was how ineffective Terry was with his legs.

Hell, the Toledo QB looked quicker and faster than Terry. Perplexing to me.
the reason for that the defense was crowding the line for him to throw and when WR didn’t get open he took off with plenty of men in the box

Reactions: BigTyrone
Saw nice plays from Echols, Square, Wagner, Daily, Smoke and Ali. Lots of weapons in the offense and hopefully, Gran will get everyone involved.

It could be so much worse - can you imagine what Tennessee fans are going through right now???:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Wilson is fine - my biggest issue on him is his reads on hand offs-seldom reads it right reluctant to keep it.

I just think Gran doesn't stay with what's working - Wilson can hit the tight end in the seam

Sometimes when he takes off, it's like watching a really fast blind guy out there.

Reactions: wildcatwelder

How do we know some of those are just called run plays. They run those draws or delays to set up the TE over the middle play we ran for a nice gain with the same type of look.. Not every play is a RPO. Against Toledo I’m sure we weren’t going to call Wilson’s number much in run game unless we needed it. And I’m sure he was told to protect himself as much as possible.

Look back at CMU game last season to the Florida game. Did he just miraculously make more run reads or did we need to call more read type plays to suceed. We didn’t need Wilson to keep it twenty times today.

I hated to see him in on last series. Been a good backup series up 21 three minutes left.

It was obvious Toledo wasn't going to let us run it down their throat. Much to the surprise of the LOD, TW improved from last year, and made some nice throws. I was very pleased with Echols. We improved as the game went on. I don't know how much more you could want out of home opener.(QUOTE)
Echols made two textbook pass breakups.
Came in from the side with an arm across the body without interfering with the receiver.

I think these guys love Wilson and he's led us to 11 wins in 14 games. How many qb's in our history have done that? I would like to see the running burst he showed early last year. Seems to have been missing since he got dinged last year.

Lots of QBs could have gone 11-3 with that defense and run game.

Stop touting the record like it's some sort of indicator of his QB abilities. It's not. At all.

Reactions: UKWinsAgainYep
How do we know some of those are just called run plays. They run those draws or delays to set up the TE over the middle play we ran for a nice gain with the same type of look.. Not every play is a RPO. Against Toledo I’m sure we weren’t going to call Wilson’s number much in run game unless we needed it. And I’m sure he was told to protect himself as much as possible.

Look back at CMU game last season to the Florida game. Did he just miraculously make more run reads or did we need to call more read type plays to suceed. We didn’t need Wilson to keep it twenty times today.

I hated to see him in on last series. Been a good backup series up 21 three minutes left.
Not talking about the ridiculous called QB draw plays- Im talking about when he puts it in backs belly and has to read the defensive end - this is a read option not a RPO
Wilson is fast but has no sense of where to cut
I'm pro Wilson I think he throws a good ball - I hope they let him do more

Reactions: thepip
Not talking about the ridiculous called QB draw plays- Im talking about when he puts it in backs belly and has to read the defensive end - this is a read option not a RPO
Wilson is fast but has no sense of where to cut
I'm pro Wilson I think he throws a good ball - I hope they let him do more
Not every one of those are read plays. It was said last year that a high percentage was called direct run plays to the back. . When we call that play we are looking at how defense sets up to play to go towards a read play. We disguise that in the option to help with keeping numbers of an making on defender accountable to qb. Thus puts numbers in our favor. We even ran the same look in the limited snaps Hoak received last season. Stoops mentioned as to Toledo dome this also and said we run same stuff in his radio pregame show.

The option look just holds defenders that extra second and keeps them from truly stacking box

That same look also was the quick hitter to the TE on the read play for the RPO. It’s all ran out of that same look. But we do call a lot of direct runs with the read set to help keeps numbers on our favor

Reactions: Ky grandpa
U don't know shit about CFB. Might get a stand in the corner for a while but I stand by what I said.

You're telling me Terry wasnt being outplayed by Toldeos QB until he got his head taken off?

Of course he was.

Truth hurts, but it is what it is. Sorry if I upset you, but someone needs to tell you that he's mediocre at best, and I accept that responsibility.

Reactions: UKWinsAgainYep
You're telling me Terry wasnt being outplayed by Toldeos QB until he got his head taken off?

Of course he was.

Truth hurts, but it is what it is. Sorry if I upset you, but someone needs to tell you that he's mediocre at best, and I accept that responsibility.

“I accept that responsibility” really? Get over yourself.

Their starting quarterback finished with a QBR of 82.1 before getting knocked TF out. You can find faults with Terry Wilson—he’s not perfect or anything close to great at the moment, but try and bring better facts to the table. It’s the least you can do.

Some of you are pathetic

I dont care, you can get your taint in a knot about me saying that

Either sport..its constant negative...never ever highlight anything you could see that could happen to be a positive...its always the end of the world

“I accept that responsibility” really? Get over yourself.

Their starting quarterback finished with a QBR of 82.1 before getting knocked TF out. You can find faults with Terry Wilson—he’s not perfect or anything close to great at the moment, but try and bring better facts to the table. It’s the least you can do.

Their starting QB had 120 through the air and 90 on the ground before leaving... in a quarter and a half, and we were losing.

Hows that for facts?

"BuT hIs Qb RaTInG..."

His QB rating was 20 points higher than TW's, yet dudes in here acting like his stat line is earth shattering.

Theres another fact for you.

Their starting QB had 120 through the air and 90 on the ground before leaving... in a quarter and a half, and we were losing.

Hows that for facts?

"BuT hIs Qb RaTInG..."

His QB rating was 20 points higher than TW's, yet dudes in here acting like his stat line is earth shattering.

Theres another fact for you.

You’re choosing to focus on literally less than half of the game to make up your mind about Terry Wilson, despite the fact the other 65% works against your point, and claim the Toledo QB is absolutely better. Do you realize how flawed that logic is?

“Yeah the Toledo quarterback played okay for the first quarter and a half so his overall contribution/level of play should be considered greater than Terry Wilson’s total body of work because TW struggled for 15 minutes.” This is essentially your point.

That’s the logic you’re bringing here. Are you proud?

“I aCePt ThE rEsPoNsIbIlIty To MaKe My StUpId AsS PoInT tO yOu”

Last edited:
op may suck but three of his "big" completions were great catches by the WRs
I think he will improve, but even STOOPS was not overly impressed TODAY
You think other QB's don't have great catches made by WR's that's part of the game. That is their job. OMG it isn't fair, the receivers made some great catches. You need to watch games not involving Uk and you will see great catches made by receivers, but 1 thing has to happen for them to make a great catch, the QB has to make it a catchable ball. Bro i hate to bust you but that is a pretty stupid statement, But what can you expect. I have heard on here, well Stoops wouldn't be as good if he didn't have Marrow. Like Nick Saban doesn't have great recruiters. The other day someone said well he can thank such and such a player or he wouldn't have won as many games SMMFH Oh yeah, we won the game by 2 TD's

Reactions: 502cats
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT