ADVERTISEMENT

Tucker says next few days are going to be ''very, very eventful"

So Cal has totally abandon development of players not ready for the NBA. Almost every kid that comes in not intent on leaving as soon as they arrive, is pushed to the back burner and made to feel like a 2nd class citizen in Cal’s program.

So this is what we get for that lack of effort toward building for the future.

Then when he tries to recruit transfer players, they ALL know that with the Freshmen One-and-Done’s, they too will be placed on the back burner. Resulting in them choosing to go where they are appreciated.

SAD

It's pretty bad when your bench is Reed shepherd and thiero.

Not that they can't do well but you need more players.

I guess all the posters complaining about ugonna and thiero not playing more last season will be happy this coming season with their playing time at least.
That's the problem.They didn't get a chance to prepare last season so basically we will have 7 freshmen learning on the job.

It's hard to believe what Cal has done to this program. He created a monster. Then couldn't continue to feed it. And so in turn the monster ate him. That may sound like a silly analogy, but it's basically what happened.
Sums it up good man, the sad part cal could have stopped this if he wasn’t stubborn and always trying to prove people wrong

Any move would be lateral or a step back. So if he does go elsewhere, it will almost certainly be to a place that will get him MORE shots and more playing time, than 20-25mpg he likely to get at UK.
Probably, it sucks. Reeves was a guy Kentucky had to get back and him probably not being here is bad

Reactions: Fox2monk
Any move would be lateral or a step back. So if he does go elsewhere, it will almost certainly be to a place that will get him MORE shots and more playing time, than 20-25mpg he likely to get at UK.
I don't think minutes has anything to do with it.Lther schools are throwing the NIL out there and UK won't.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
I remember having doubts about OAD at the start of his tenure. Obviously those get drowned out by people with blinders on because it worked so well at first. And as long as it was crazy successful, well, why worry?

But when you are focused on just moving kids on, there’s no sense of, or focus on, a foundation. Slowly but surely it’s eroded and now there’s literally no foundation at all. Just non-stop uncertainty.

The next step in the downward slide is no foundation+average recruiting. It’s coming because when everything is predicated on elite recruits, it’s the natural progression. Especially when this whole model was implemented before anybody ever heard of NIL.

The sooner you come to grips with the fact that this roster is just where Cal wants it to be, the happier you will be.

Seven man rotation with 5 freshman getting as many minutes as they can handle, regardless of performance or mistakes, and 3 serviceable ( but not good enough to start ahead of the freshmen) backups in case (when) one of the young dudes get injured, and they will get injured playing all those minutes.

Perfect roster for Cal.

He will add 3 practice players in the upcoming days so they can scrimmage 5 on 5.

If it weren't for that, he would just carry 7 on the roster.

Cal is happy. No players, no pressure to play them ahead of his chosen ones.

It’s an interesting phenomenon to see this board go into meltdown over things we don’t know. I’m old enough to remember when people would freak out over things that happened. Now we freak out over the unknown.

I hope that no one seriously thinks that UK will go with a 7 man roster next season. There will be at least 10. It’s going to be OK. Please step back from the ledge. Deep breaths.

I remember having doubts about OAD at the start of his tenure. Obviously those get drowned out by people with blinders on because it worked so well at first. And as long as it was crazy successful, well, why worry?

But when you are focused on just moving kids on, there’s no sense of, or focus on, a foundation. Slowly but surely it’s eroded and now there’s literally no foundation at all. Just non-stop uncertainty.

The next step in the downward slide is no foundation+average recruiting. It’s coming because when everything is predicated on elite recruits, it’s the natural progression. Especially when this whole model was implemented before anybody ever heard of NIL.
I raised this red flag in 2013 when it became obvious that once the roster was depleted of upper class players that Cal inherited when he came here, that we would be held totally captive to all new recruits and no solid roster every year.

It was obvious at that point, if Cal missed on the top recruits, or they turned out to be over rated, we had nothing to fill that void.

Of course, I got shouted down.......and here we are.

No program. No players. No coach. No championships. Mid-level SEC team at best.

Cal did that.

It’s an interesting phenomenon to see this board go into meltdown over things we don’t know. I’m old enough to remember when people would freak out over things that happened. Now we freak out over the unknown.

I hope that no one seriously thinks that UK will go with a 7 man roster next season. There will be at least 10. It’s going to be OK. Please step back from the ledge. Deep breaths.
Why would we believe in a coach to do that when he has been short handed with every team pretty much since 2018. He will not fill out the roster because he is stubborn

You continue to be in denial.Of course we won't have an actual 7 man roster as we will add scrubs for practice.Do you not see that teams like Duke and Kansas are getting good players back and we can't even keep a guy like Reeves.Do you honestly think this is the way to win championships?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT