ADVERTISEMENT

Tubby's last 2 years better than Cal's last 2

Yes and Cal’s first 6 years absolutely annihilates Tubby’s
Pitino's 6 year run is better than Cal's. 5 Elite 8s, 3 FFs and 2 title games back to back, 1 title, no missed tourney's.

Cal 1st 6 years: 190-38 W/L% 83
Pitino's last 6 years: 183-30 W/L% 86

Didn't count Pitino's 1st 2 years because of probation. After probation, Pitino never had more than 7 losses in a season. Never ranked lower than 6th in all final polls of the season.

I say all of this has no big fan of Pitino.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
We’re stuck with Cal. Pretty pointless comparing him to Tubby. We know Cal’s best days are behind him and that contract is a joke.

Reactions: Lionel_Hutz
I agree that after Thursday Cal is officially on the clock. I think he should get this next year to determine everything after that. But it was just funny the OP’s original context of comparing the two. Cal has had more success than Tubby just based off of true title contenders and Final Four appearances. If only we could take Cal’s recruiting and combine it with Tubby’s coaching I guess.

I agree that after Thursday Cal is officially on the clock. I think he should get this next year to determine everything after that. But it was just funny the OP’s original context of comparing the two. Cal has had more success than Tubby just based off of true title contenders and Final Four appearances. If only we could take Cal’s recruiting and combine it with Tubby’s coaching I guess.
He's had 13 years. Missed two NCAAT's. LOst in the 1st round this year as a 2 seed. The trend is going in the wrong direction.
I've seen enough. I don;t need another year to see how it goes. I already know how it goes.
How about this gem from the spin master "No bad practices for this team this year". How about from the coach though?
Nah....I'm done

He's had 13 years. Missed two NCAAT's. LOst in the 1st round this year as a 2 seed. The trend is going in the wrong direction.
I've seen enough. I don;t need another year to see how it goes. I already know how it goes.
How about this gem from the spin master "No bad practices for this team this year". How about from the coach though?
Nah....I'm done

Then what are you going to do about it? Talk is cheap on a stupid message board. Are you gonna get him out of here?

Then what are you going to do about it? Talk is cheap on a stupid message board. Are you gonna get him out of here?
He better thank the good Lord above I ain't in charge. What else am I supposed to on a "message board" sing....use sign language? Sorry your hero worship isn't working out for you.

And? The point is, we pressured Tubby into leaving for poor results, year after year. I already showed where Tubby was better over the last 7 years than Cal. Just how long are you happy with Cal destroying our program?
It’s funny how you put the goal post to try and prove your point. Let’s just compare 610 years seeing how Tubby was only here 10 years. Let’s not forget Tubby was handed the keys to the castle while Cal had to literally start from the ground up albeit very quickly. The end of the Tubby era along with the BCG era left this program in shambles. Let’s not forget also that 2020 and 2021 are both a wash due to COVID. Kentucky wasn’t the only blue blood affected by this. You should really compare 2014-2019 and 2022. If you take those years it still beats Tubby’s last 7 years. Cal still has a runner up, 1 FF and 2 EE finishes. All Tubby has is 2 EEs and that’s it.

Tubby: 263–83 (.760) Overall - 120–40 (.750)
1998 NC
1999 FF
2003 EE
2005 EE
5 SEC season and tournament championships.

Calipari: 2010-2020 330-77 (.810) Overall - 151-41 (.786) SEC

2010 EE
2011 FF
2012 NC (Only championship team to win 38 games; Cals 2nd 38 win season; NCAA best)
2014 RUNNER UP
2015 FF (Cals 3rd 38 win season; NCAA best)
2017 EE
2019 EE
2020 ?

6 SEC season and tournament titles.

Last edited:
It’s weird to think about in these terms, because I was just saying in another thread how I was a major Tubby supporter and held out all the way until the end of his last season until I realized it was over for him and he was done here.

It’s weird to think about in these terms, because I was just saying in another thread how I was a major Tubby supporter and held out all the way until the end of his last season until I realized it was over for him and he was done here.
I wonder how much of it is personality?Tubby came off as a guy who loved the job and respected fans.Cal comes off as an arrogant prick and makes fun of the fanbase.It was fine when he was winning but it's sure not so good now.

I wonder how much of it is personality?Tubby came off as a guy who loved the job and respected fans.Cal comes off as an arrogant prick and makes fun of the fanbase.It was fine when he was winning but it's sure not so good now.
Could be. I loved Tubby and just really wanted him to succeed. Plus in spite of what some people say, he did have some really damn good teams here. 2003-2005 was a fun run that sadly resulted in no final fours. Probably would have ended differently for him if they had. But that’s how the cookie crumbles. Almosts aren’t enough.

It’s funny how you put the goal post to try and prove your point. Let’s just compare 610 years seeing how Tubby was only here 10 years. Let’s not forget Tubby was handed the keys to the castle while Cal had to literally start from the ground up albeit very quickly. The end of the Tubby era along with the BCG era left this program in shambles.

1998 NC
1999 FF
2003 EE
2005 EE

2010 EE
2011 FF
2012 NC (Only championship team to win 38 games; Cals 2nd 38 win season; NCAA best)
2014 RUNNER UP
2017 EE
2019 EE
2020 ?

We all know Cal used to be great. That has never been the issue hence no need to include his good years. They actually obfuscate his subsequent collapse. Just how many years of destroying our program are you willing to accept. Again, just out of curiosity and an understanding of perspective, how old are you. I'm 58, I've been thru Hall, Sutton, Pitino, Smith, BCG and Cal.

I know what I'm seeing. It is inevitable with nearly every coach. They either change with the times or the game passes them by. The normal trajectory for successful coaches is a quick build, a time at the top and then a steady decline. The entire point of where I set the goal posts was to highlight the decline for Cal fans like you.

Reactions: Cawood86
He better thank the good Lord above I ain't in charge. What else am I supposed to on a "message board" sing....use sign language? Sorry your hero worship isn't working out for you.

I want him gone too. I am seriously just asking how are people gonna make it happen?

People need to stop going to the games.

It’s funny how you put the goal post to try and prove your point. Let’s just compare 610 years seeing how Tubby was only here 10 years. Let’s not forget Tubby was handed the keys to the castle while Cal had to literally start from the ground up albeit very quickly. The end of the Tubby era along with the BCG era left this program in shambles.

1998 NC
1999 FF
2003 EE
2005 EE

2010 EE
2011 FF
2014 RUNNER UP
2017 EE
2019 EE
2020 ?

Patterson, Harrellson, Miller, Liggins, and Stevenson all helped Cal get UK back on track. None of which he recruited. IN fact, Cal doesn't get his first FF without LIggins, Harrellson, and Miller and maybe not his title without Miller.

I agree on that. No shows will have an effect. DOn't show up for stuff. Mifnight Madness. Blue/White games. All of it.

He needs to go because the longer he stays the worst his legacy is. He doesn't have the fire anymore and we are all apathetic. If he had just left for the nba after 2015 or ucla in 2019 he would be up there with pitinos era. Now we have people comparing him to tubby and with all due respect to tubby, that's a big indictment on cal the past 7 years way more than a compliment to tubby tenure, which was solid, other than just 1 final four.

I want him gone too. I am seriously just asking how are people gonna make it happen?

People need to stop going to the games.
People already have...they took out 4,500 seats and can't sell them all - the waiting list for season tickets is now a fable and likely to get considereably worse.

Yep. Whoda think it. Both missed the tourney one year and lost their first the next year. Bizarre.
The difference is one bilked Barney for 60 million while the other was duped by Barney doing a contract on a napkin

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Cawood86
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT