ADVERTISEMENT

Trump interview w/ Dave Ramsey

This will end well and it won't be political and shouldn't be in a political thread and everyone will agree wholeheartedly and Trump will decrease not increase the annual deficit this time around and Dave Ramsey wants you to buy his book with your credit card

This will end well and it won't be political and shouldn't be in a political thread and everyone will agree wholeheartedly and Trump will decrease not increase the annual deficit this time around and Dave Ramsey wants you to buy his book with your credit card

"This shouldn't be political, but let me make it political with my very next sentence"

Reactions: JumperJack
This is a thread about Donald Trump and hasn't criticized conservatives, yet. Therefore it will not get locked or rolled in to political thread.

I am not a Dave Ramsey listener. But, I think his basic economic principles are sound and have helped a lot of people get out of holes and in a position to actually pursue dreams. I have a financial advisor friend who manages huge accounts. He says Ramsey offers a 101 to people who clearly do not know how to manage their financial and material affairs. That all seems like a good thing to me.

I am not a Dave Ramsey listener. But, I think his basic economic principles are sound and have helped a lot of people get out of holes and in a position to actually pursue dreams. I have a financial advisor friend who manages huge accounts. He says Ramsey offers a 101 to people who clearly do not know how to manage their financial and material affairs. That all seems like a good thing to me.
His clips on social media with callers are also good for making me feel REALLY good about my finances and my retirement down the line.

I’m a conservative and can’t stand Ramsey. 😂 He’s such a prick and like a lot of boomers, he’s very disconnected from the current reality and thinks you can blanket everything, have to do things his exact way.

Basic common things about debt shouldn’t be prophetic so he’s correct in a lot of this stuff. But then you hear this guy not understand childcare cost and once told a caller to take them to “free summer camp.” 😂 He has no idea of what life is like for normal people.

Reactions: bbncal02
We’re 36 trillion in debt and sinking fast.

Pretty sure sensible thinking regarding money shouldn’t be political at this point.

That’d be great if the US government was a single family struggling with college debt and actually earned money.

Meanwhile, we haven’t had a president who has overseen less than 30% growth in the national debt during their tenure since Lyndon B Johnson.

Donald J Trump himself increased it by 40% in 4 years.

He does have very gopd financial basics. However, some of his financial advice has waned in the past decade. I still like his principles, but with the way cars and houses have skyrocketed lately, very very few people are going to be able to just pay cash for them. The average cost of a car now is 48k! There aren't to many people that can lay down that kind of money even with say a 20k trade in. That's still nearly 30k. That's not exactly chump change. And houses? Average cost is 361k! So again, even with a sale, you are still looking at anywhere from 100-150k.

Things have just....changed. Especially in the last 5-10 years. Doesn't mean you use credit poorly or depend solely on it. But to say you can get by without it now it a bit of a fantasy, especially for most people.

It is.

Back in the 90s, I began using strategies similar to what Ramsey preaches. Paying off debt, especially credit card debt, was the major issue for me. Finally debt-free in 2016 after selling stock and paying off $8,000 in credit card debt.

I've listened to his show perhaps 3-4x over the years. Agree, disciplined approach to personal finances is recommended for all.

Reactions: bbncal02
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT