ADVERTISEMENT

Trilly update on Lanier visit

How many strawmen are we gonna build here. So far i've heard these:

Think a player should be a bench player=You think he isn't good enough for UK
We should add a scorer from the portal=You want a 5 star guard
I think Pope missed on this guy=You're just used to Cal's model
Voicing concerns about the current coach=You're nitpicking.
Fretting.

the fact that he left UT without a commitment, as others have mentioned, means at least UK held up his decision with whatever their offer was.

also, not sure why Pope would stay at home waiting on a decision if he felt he could impact the recruitment of another player
If all things were equal, it must have been the cookies.

Reactions: Fox2monk and G-PIP

Joel Havel Trent GIF - Joel Havel Trent I Don'T Like You GIFs

Is Poplar still an option? They had a head to head matchup this past season in an early season matchup. Miami won by 40 over North Florida 95-55. Lanier only had 12 points, but on the other side Poplar only played 15 minutes and had just 2 points.

I really think they are better players. They played against the best teams in the country in Power 6 conferences. I am not saying I would have been disappointed to get Lanier but I think competition matters.
Poplar has the most potential out of all them. I will take whoever wants to come between Robinson or poplar. Hell let’s dream, they both come to Kentucky

I really think they are better players. They played against the best teams in the country in Power 6 conferences. I am not saying I would have been disappointed to get Lanier but I think competition matters.
Think it’s fair to bring that up. I think there are a lot of positives for Lanier as a potential player for any school. But we’re focusing on these guys’ offensive ability obviously. It’s fair to mention that UNF’s SOS on KenPom for opposing defenses ranked 340th of 362 teams.

Just saw this in Bleacher Report. It's a couple days old so it might to be relevant.
I have seen a lot on Jackson in the few days.

I’ve only seen 2 mocks have Robinson getting drafters every other one has him going undrafted

Think it’s fair to bring that up. I think there are a lot of positives for Lanier as a potential player for any school. But we’re focusing on these guys’ offensive ability obviously. It’s fair to mention that UNF’s SOS on KenPom for opposing defenses ranked 340th of 362 teams.
So I’m assuming Fairleigh Dickinsons is about the same as North Florida??

It will take a little work, but we can get this thread up to 2,000 posts if we try (the thread about a Vol that we weren’t getting, ever.)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT