ADVERTISEMENT

Trilly update on Lanier visit

Yup, and you don’t know that a bunch of 13th region All Stars aren’t the best players either. Since we don’t know why don’t we just recruit a team of all Kentucky players.

Maybe we should forget recruiting AJ Dybantsa and concentrate on EJ Walker. They both the same size and like you say, we haven’t seen them play for Kentucky yet so we don’t know who fits Popes system better. EJ is a Kentucky kid and we would save NIL money.

Oh wait, that’s completely ridiculous. We do have a general idea who the better players are and we also know having better players is more conducive to winning. I’ve never seen someone fight so hard for the honor of less talented players.
I saw where AJ is going to transfer to a high school in Utah. Interesting.

Yup, and you don’t know that a bunch of 13th region All Stars aren’t the best players either. Since we don’t know why don’t we just recruit a team of all Kentucky players.

Maybe we should forget recruiting AJ Dybantsa and concentrate on EJ Walker. They both the same size and like you say, we haven’t seen them play for Kentucky yet so we don’t know who fits Popes system better. EJ is a Kentucky kid and we would save NIL money.

Oh wait, that’s completely ridiculous. We do have a general idea who the better players are and we also know having better players is more conducive to winning. I’ve never seen someone fight so hard for the honor of less talented players.
James the 2 Kentucky guys aren’t gonna play a lot this year, so the 13th region crap is stupid. As for the others if you think the others are mid players than you don’t watch college basketball. Butler, oweh, brea, carr, and Williams aren’t mid. They are all good players. Watch the actual games first instead of 4 min highlight videos.

If Robinson leaves the draft, then we make him priority one. We have made our sales pitch to Lanier.
We have 2 spots left and Robinson needs to be one. If Lanier decides he wants UK then the other is his.
I think he chooses UT but at this point who knows.

the fact that he left UT without a commitment, as others have mentioned, means at least UK held up his decision with whatever their offer was.

also, not sure why Pope would stay at home waiting on a decision if he felt he could impact the recruitment of another player

If you read the tea leaves it’s seems likely Lanier let UK know they’re out and UK immediately went to visit Robinson to secure him….we’ll soon see if it’s true
Seems very likely or maybe Robinson let Pope know he's pulling out of the draft.

the fact that he left UT without a commitment, as others have mentioned, means at least UK held up his decision with whatever their offer was.

also, not sure why Pope would stay at home waiting on a decision if he felt he could impact the recruitment of another player
Its a dead period, so I don't think UK can be visiting any HS or transfer portal recruits.

Speculation is they are going to the U18 tryouts on Colorado springs. Someone posted there may be an NCAA exception to "evaluate" at those events.

Lanier has just seemed like a TENN lean from the start. Be shocked if he ends up at UK.. (just my opinion)

Its a dead period, so I don't think UK can be visiting any HS or transfer portal recruits.

Speculation is they are going to the U18 tryouts on Colorado springs. Someone posted there may be an NCAA exception to "evaluate" at those events.

Lanier has just seemed like a TENN lean from the start. Be shocked if he ends up at UK.. (just my opinion)
Just put out coaches can visit Olympic events during dead periods

No one knows, he's keeping it tight.

But, I think it looks like Lanier is/was waiting to see what Robinson is doing.

If it was absolutely Tennessee, it seems he would have announced by now. What could be the hold up? Only thing that makes since is Robinsons decision

No one knows, he's keeping it tight.

But, I think it looks like Lanier is/was waiting to see what Robinson is doing.

If it was absolutely Tennessee, it seems he would have announced by now. What could be the hold up? Only thing that makes since is Robinsons decision
Supposedly will announce today, I still feel like it’s UT

Supposedly he’s gonna play college ball somewhere next year. And supposedly he likes painted rocks and themed cookies as well.

Pilgrim just confirmed that poplar has visits scheduled to Oregon Arkansas and Kentucky after may 29th when his workouts are finished. That gotta be a small sign they don’t fell they are getting Lanier

If you read the tea leaves it’s seems likely Lanier let UK know they’re out and UK immediately went to visit Robinson to secure him….we’ll soon see if it’s true

They went to watch Olympic recruits because they can during the dead period.

Neither lanier or robinson are the "alpha guys" that some of our fans covet. Yes, either one would bolster the existing squad. Neither are good Defenders, with both having points allowed per one hundred possessions below average. Neither are in the first round for draft picks. And there's a reason for that. Do I want one of them to join us? Yes, but set your bar down a little bit lower if you think they are a savior.
From what some are saying Robinson isn’t even a “go get me a bucket type guy”, he is a spot up shooter more than a stud being searched for. Is that your evaluation as well?

Reactions: UKortho
Lanier is probably UT bound like you said. Poplar seems like the backup option, but i hope Kentucky goes after him.
Let's say Lanier picks UK, I don't expect it but let's assume he does..
Do we lose out on Robinson and/or Poplar.
Do we still get Robinson with Lanier and lose out on Poplar
Do we get Poplar with Lanier and lose out on Robinson.
Or do we simply lose out on all 3.
We don't have room for all 3 so I'm just curious as to how this may play out.

Let's say Lanier picks UK, I don't expect it but let's assume he does..
Do we lose out on Robinson and/or Poplar.
Do we still get Robinson with Lanier and lose out on Poplar
Do we get Poplar with Lanier and lose out on Robinson.
Or do we simply lose out on all 3.
We don't have room for all 3 so I'm just curious as to how this may play out.
I am as well, there are a lot of variables and stuff that seem to be in play here. As of right now, my guess is Lanier is Tennessee bound, Robinson returns to college and Kentucky gets him, and poplar is either draft or Villanova

I am as well, there are a lot of variables and stuff that seem to be in play here. As of right now, my guess is Lanier is Tennessee bound, Robinson returns to college and Kentucky gets him, and poplar is either draft or Villanova
I haven’t been keeping up with this recruitment much but everytime I log on, you’re right in the middle of things theorizing who will go where and why. Kudos I guess

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT